Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-20-2010, 2:21 PM Reply   
I bought a new boat last month. Since im in college, im ballin on a budget but at the same time, i run a pro shop at a dealership here in town so I get great deals on parts and do my own work. But my stereo is being done by Suncoast Sound here in Monroe,LA. They are a Wetsounds dealer and are giving me really good deals on speakers and what not.

My question is what tower speakers do I put up. Its a 1989 mastercraft tristar which is a direct drive. The Pro 485 sounds much better in the boat, but how well do they project? I know the Pro 60's project well but ive also read on here that they are very high end with not a lot of bass. We do 75% riding, 20% partying, and 5% surfing. I play music, so how my ride sounds means much more to me than being able to hear it perfectly while riding. The other thing is if i do a 485 i was thinking it might be better because it would be in the middle of my tower over the engine cover where the 60's would be in the walk ways. Im 6'3" so head clearance is a lot too. But i know 2 60s would look better than 1 485. what do yall think?
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-20-2010, 2:26 PM Reply   
Nick,

A pair of PRO 485's is my favorite system we offer. I know you can't fit a pair but for your set up. With a direct drive and having the single speaker over the engine cover. A single 485 will not look out of place. So i would go for the 485. The 485 needs some power so make sure you give it some juice. A single SYN-2 will rock it hard.

The 485 has the widest dispersion on the market when it comes to off axis based on the housing shape and our horn flare dispersion. So you will have plenty of sound out in the flats so no worries there.

Tim
Wet Sounds

Last edited by wetsounds1; 05-20-2010 at 2:28 PM.
Old     (brian_b)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-20-2010, 2:45 PM Reply   
Concur with Tim unquestionably. I just installed, among other things, a 485 powered by syn-2 at 700 x 1 mono. Cranks. No way 2 60's can compare, IMO.
Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-20-2010, 2:50 PM Reply   
Thanks for the quick response tim. i bet i could fit a pair on this aerial tower, but i think it would be a little excessive. and a little out of my price range. Blake and Keith at suncoast have been planning out my install for a while now and are talking about some super small treo amp. Idk. the whole amps, ohms, and watts thing is way over my head.

So far we have this in mind:

Kenwood head unit ( dont know which) (already in)
4 memphis marine 6x9s for the interior (already in)
Pro 60's or pro 485
Treo MSX1( i think)
2 Mephis 15-MM10D4 subs
Pioneer power pack? for 6x9s ( thats what blake called it. idk.) ( like a inline amp?)
and some memphis amp.

Any suggestions?
Attached Images

Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-20-2010, 3:19 PM Reply   
No prob Nick.

Treo amp will NOT work.
MSX1 230Wx1 @ 2 Ohms/350Wx1 @ 1 Ohm This is a SUB only amp
MSX2 60Wx2 @ 4 Ohms 120Wx2 @ 2 Ohms Not enough power.
MSX4 50Wx4 @ 4 Ohms 75Wx4 @ 2 Ohms Not enough power.

Cant find any specs on their site if these can be bridged and what power. But not nearly enough power for a pair of 60's or 485.

How about a SYN-6 powering the 4 6x9's in the boat off chs 1-4 and chs 5-6 bridged on the single 485 for 600x1. Do you already have the memphis subs and amp?

Is that a closed bow?

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-20-2010, 4:07 PM Reply   
no. i do not. have the subs. they are just big on memphis at suncoast. so thats what they have been recommending. Ill let them know about the treo. for all i know though, i may have picked the wrong amp on their site. ill call and ask tomorrow.

It is a closed bow. I am plannin on putting a fly high integrated bow sac since i want about 650 lbs up there. then i can put the subs on one side and the amp rack on the other and still have plenty of room for our gear.

So we can do a syn 6 on the 6x9s and the tower speaker? then do a second amp on the subs?