Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old    freefly70            09-12-2007, 7:17 AM Reply   
Ok guys post boat show and can get both the boats around the same price very similar set ups except the Tige does not have ballast. Needless to say the Tige is a direct drive and is a more plush boat with a deeper freeboard. Will I regret going that direction for space? What about the wake for boarding and future sale. Anyone wakeboarding behind a 20i? The Tige dealer seems to be much more knowledgable for the future as well. Any help. My dealers are hammering me and I need to make a decision.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-12-2007, 7:31 AM Reply   
I say bump it up to the Moomba LSV for a bit more money and you will have a boat you are very happy with and will be happy with.... You also need to draw your line in the sand on direct drive or v-drive...
Are you a big waterskier?
Do you value extra space?
Do you plan to progress a lot wakeboarding over the next few years?

These are questions you should be asking your self when deciding between v-drive and direct drive boats....
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-12-2007, 8:39 PM Reply   
I have wakeboarded behind both boats. Both are O.K. but I would lean towards the LSV. The Moomba will have a much better boarding wake. The 20i has a great ski wake. I personally would always lean towards a V-drive for space and comfort. Also, if your dealer is pushing you, tell them to stop. You are the customer and both Moomba and Tige are making those models for well into the future...there will be more. Take your time and make a good decision.