Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old     (murphv210)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-15-2005, 8:04 AM Reply   
Here are some riding pics my friend to at Black lake, Washington. The first pic is my son riding he is 10.

Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-15-2005, 11:09 PM Reply   
Awesome picstures..looks like you had some great fun. Great time to start your son, i wish i would have gotten into it earlier. Keep riding
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-16-2005, 11:29 AM Reply   
That wake is sick man. Awesome pictures bro.
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-16-2005, 6:31 PM Reply   
Hey Bob sweet pics! How do you like black lake? I almost towed out there once but ended up at long lake in Lacey. Is it a big lake? Stumpy?
Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-16-2005, 9:49 PM Reply   
that is a really nice looking wake you have created..

It's a monster!!
Old     (murphv210)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-19-2005, 7:48 AM Reply   
John

Black lake is good, I live really close so we usually go there. I would rather go to hicks lake or long lake. The stumps are in the no wake zone so it is safe to ride. The lake is big, in the summer it gets really busy. The lake is open year round so winter riding is alway glass.
Old    wawakechic            09-19-2005, 1:18 PM Reply   
Nice pictures. Nice wake too, and it looks huge compared to your son. I rode on Black Lake this summer. I like the lake but it was a little rough when I was out and it was even a week night.
Old     (murphv210)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-19-2005, 2:09 PM Reply   
Andrea,

My son is intimidated by the wake probably because it is almost up to his thigh, but he is trying to clear the wake now. He rides at 65 feet and we usually ride at 75.

Black lake does get crazy when it’s hot out, even during the week. We usually put the boat in at 6pm and ride until its dark out during the week.
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-19-2005, 8:42 PM Reply   
I'll have to haul down there one of these days. Whats up Andrea?! You should take some dawn patrol sets with us Andrea. Hows the riding comin along? Bob we'll have to hook up.
Old    wateraddict            09-21-2005, 10:37 AM Reply   
Bob, that would be impressive to see him go w2w, and at 65 feet! We also launched at 6pm and stayed till dark. It was rough all the way up till dark. I was surprised to see it busy so late. I bet it's nice now, day, night, weekday and weekends.

Hi John, it doesn't seem like I've done as much riding this year. I could do 8am, the tillicum launch is a 45 minute drive from my house. You get that backroll yet?
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-21-2005, 4:41 PM Reply   
Yeah I did. But as it turns out the flip I was attempting when I rode with you was a heelside frontroll? I have the backrolls pretty solid now and I'm alot more consistent with the tantrum usually 50/50 and I'm close on the toeside backroll. Maybe I could come out that way one day. My buddy Kyle might want to go again, who knows.
Old    wateraddict            09-22-2005, 9:30 AM Reply   
John, you have that awesome boat with a super sweet wake and you want to come ride mine? Wow, I feel honored. You and Kyle are welcome anytime. Congrats on the backrolls!
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-23-2005, 4:28 PM Reply   
I still owe you and Ethan a ride Andrea maybe I could haul out that way. How far are you from Long Lake?