Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       12-06-2006, 2:34 PM Reply   
Can anyone hook it up and explain how this is done in photo editing software. Also, would Roxio digital media suite be good enough?

I have a Canon Powershot A520 http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canona520/

I've obviously figured how to take take the sequence photos, but would like to understand how the photo editing process is done.

Upload
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-06-2006, 3:57 PM Reply   
It's done in layers on photoshop. It's not that hard to do but I'm guessing you don't have photoshop so I'm not going to spell it out for you.
Old     (cmawsr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-06-2006, 4:43 PM Reply   
Your not going to get sequences like that with a point and shoot. your going to need a high frame rate camera to start with, then a good editing software(photoshop). And then I would recommend getting a good book to learn how to edit the shots nicely.
a good start would be google, there are tons of photoshop tutorials on the web.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       12-06-2006, 4:44 PM Reply   
I have pretty much all of them from work. I just need to know what's the easiest or best one. It won't take me long to figure it out. Photoshop it is... Thanks
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-06-2006, 4:46 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-06-2006, 6:46 PM Reply   
That first seq looks like it was shot with something fast - Canon 1D or Nikon D2X.

I actually like things a bit more spread out like Walt's seq of Brady.

I swear a 6 fps body would be perfect!

Start with photomerge in photoshop and go from there. Most important thing in shooting a sequence is locking your exposure, that saves a world of trouble when you go to blend them all.
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-06-2006, 7:21 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/87667/331898.html
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-06-2006, 7:23 PM Reply   

quote:

I swear a 6 fps body would be perfect!

I agree Rich. Any more than that and a sequence shot is a cluster F&*$.
Old     (swami)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-08-2006, 11:48 AM Reply   
I miss the 2.5 fps of my Canon Rebel! LOL! jk. :-P
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-08-2006, 7:26 PM Reply   
Hey it's up to 3 fps now! (and I think you can actually get 7 or 8 RAW images before it chokes)

There is a downside to 8 fps though - having to go through all those images!
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-08-2006, 11:03 PM Reply   
Believe it or not, 8fps wasn't fast enough for me to shoot a good sequence of a rider kickflipping off an incline rail on a wakeskate.

...and I'll agree that 6fps is pretty much perfect for shooting wakeboarding sequences. That's what I have my slower frame burst setting at.

Downsides suck. And I want a bigger buffer, dammit!
Old     (swami)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-11-2006, 1:02 PM Reply   
yeah, I noticed that too. 5fps isn't quite fast enough for Wakeskating tricks.

However, there is power in timing.. and I'm going back to the basics and shooting more single shots (mainly because I'm running out of hard drive fast! LOL)

One tip for Sequence shots.. shoot in FULL MANUAL for best results. White Balance, f-stop, shutter.. all on manual.

(of course this assumes you know how to use the light meter!)