Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-09-2005, 3:51 PM Reply   
Just curious what the deal is with Hyperlite and their warranties, Ive heard bindings are lifetime, and boards arent, jut curious about what it is, or where i could see the Hyperlite warranty details online.
Thanks guys
~Tyler~
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-09-2005, 5:36 PM Reply   
They're both lifetime for materials and workmanship. If you abuse them, (sliders, dock starts, land starts etc.) that's obviosly not covered, nor is wear and tear from the elements. However, if you drop your board and chunk it up, or hit some debris, you can have it sent back (you'll have to pay round trip shipping) and they will repair it for free. If they can't repair it they will authorize the dealer to sell you that board or similar for half of retail. I don't know that the warranty is on the site but every dealer will tell you the same thing that I have.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-09-2005, 6:10 PM Reply   
my 2003 belmonts were warrantied a few months ago for a ripped overlay and I basically got brand new bindings for free. Good deal.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-09-2005, 8:28 PM Reply   
I recently had inserts rip out of both a '99 Fluid and a '01 Premier. In both cases, my local dealer shipped them back for me and Hyperlite mail me (for free) 2005 replacement boards.

Their warranty policy and crew are both amazing.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-10-2005, 4:26 PM Reply   
Cool deal thanks a lot guys i have a 2003 Byerly 137 thats delaminating, and some 03 Highbacks, that seem to be tearing almost right through the folding strap, not to worried about cause i just got a new byerly 142, and some new sphinx bindings, but itd be nice to have a nice boat board. Thanks for the replies, and how should i do this just have my dealer do it or can i send it and just write a letter also or what?
~Tyler~
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-11-2005, 6:03 PM Reply   
Best to do it through the dealer. HL used to be real lax about sending out parts to anybody but I think they realized people were buying stuff second hand and asking for warranty parts.