Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003

Old     (atvr)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-04-2003, 10:05 AM Reply   
Got her all broke in and have a couple of questions that some of you may be able to help me with. My steering is good and loose turning to the port side but quite a bit harder in the opposite direction. Is this normal for these rudder steer boats due to the rotation of the prop? Also I have the Hippo ballast, rear tank only right now. The pump seams to be operating correctly however it will fill without using the pump at all. So every time I am on the water the tank is filling automatically. Any help is greatly appreciated due to the fact that my dealer is completely incompetent.

(Message edited by atvr on August 04, 2003)
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-04-2003, 1:34 PM Reply   
yup on the first question, normal. for the tank, you should have a manual valve somewhere on the intake line so you can shut that off. if there isn't one, you will want to add one. you want to be able to stop water from coming in your boat, in case the tank breaks or you just don't want ballast.
Old     (bjbatch)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-04-2003, 9:27 PM Reply   
Your ballast tank should not fill unless you have the pump on. If your dealer won't help you, call Supra directly. I'm sure they will find a quick fix for you. I have the same boat as you and have been very happy. You will love it.
Old     (atvr)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-05-2003, 8:38 AM Reply   
Thanx for the input. I fully intend to contact Supra direct on several issues that I have but do not want to take the boat in until the end of the season. I was hoping that there may be some things that I could check and perhaps remedy the ballast problem myself. Bruce, we have the same color scheme. They are sister boats except that I have the stainless tower.

(Message edited by atvr on August 05, 2003)