Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (nriched)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-12-2007, 3:07 PM Reply   
Here we did three 12" Image Dynamics subs. One ported ID MAX 12 and two sealed IDQ 12's. Awesome boat subs. They are very forgiving when it comes to power and box size. Let me know what you think.Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-12-2007, 4:35 PM Reply   
Wow! I'll take one!
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-12-2007, 4:49 PM Reply   
dang. lookin good
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-12-2007, 9:04 PM Reply   
Sweet!!
Old     (mrbigwake)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-12-2007, 9:21 PM Reply   
Damn that looks awesome. I have an old idq 10 and that s31t knocks for a tiny sub. Question; is the front of the sub ported into the boat?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-12-2007, 9:32 PM Reply   
The word "pimp" comes to mind.
Old     (nriched)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-12-2007, 9:47 PM Reply   
Thanks again. The pics of the two sealed woofers did not come out. I'll post pics as soon as I can get them.
Old    mendo247            06-12-2007, 9:56 PM Reply   
nice!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-12-2007, 10:40 PM Reply   
Rich: Looks cool. Cant say I have seen a sub install like that in any other boat except the X80 you guys did and this one. How would you say this type of sub instalation performs/ sounds compaired to a sealed or ported box.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-12-2007, 10:51 PM Reply   
You guys do some crazy stuff over there. Looks amazing, kinda wierd having the magnet pointing out at the driver, but hey bet it rocks.
Old     (jusstty)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-13-2007, 8:31 AM Reply   
Sweet setup were also running 2 image dynamics subs in our boat. Great sounding
Old     (malibu_monkey)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-13-2007, 3:27 PM Reply   
YES PLEASE!
Old     (nriched)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-14-2007, 8:42 AM Reply   
Grant. The box is a 2cuft ported enclosure with the woofer reverse loaded. The woofer is running off of a Zapco DC500.1. So were able to compensate for alot of what a ported enclosure can miss compared to a sealed, and get more output,(have I mentioned how much we love the Zapco Digital Reference amps). As far as the sub being reversed into the boat. Yes, the price you pay for cosmetics like that is to be more aware of it while out on the lake...and keep it clean. Chrome water spots pretty easily. Here are some pics of the box behind the woofer. About to be resined. The opening from the front of the boat was about 16" wide at it's widest point. The box is 23 1/2" wide...?....The box, not including the black face, was 13 peices...and had to be assembled in the boat. Not the easiest box we've ever built.Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-14-2007, 12:55 PM Reply   
Rich: Thanks for the explnation. So is there one more peice that go's over the box and covers the back section (The picture above).

So did you do this type of sub install just to be diffrent and wild or because it sounds better than lets say a normal ported or seald box at the drivers feet. Joe and Jerry have 2 12's in the same location in there X2's as you have one. So Im guessing the Bass outbut is more. Just wondering the reason behind this type/style sub install. Is it more a form over function install or does the reverse loaded sub sound better or have more bass output than a traditional box. The work looks awesome as usuall you guys do great work "Props".
Old     (nriched)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-14-2007, 4:22 PM Reply   
Yes. There is a back to the box. Mounting the sub inverted was just for looks. Alot of the time if you mount a sub outside of the box you can here motor noise from the driver. This woofer has none. As far as the output goes. I have'nt really got a chance to listen to Jerry or Joe's boat. I would assume they have more output because there are two woofers and more power. I can tell you that this setup in this boat did better then we expected, and I expected alot. Also, the boxes we design are done with the aid of a computer program and test equipment used in the boat. I know it sounds complicated but it actually makes it easier for us. It takes the guess work of how the sub, enclosure, and amp will perform in a specific application. It also helps us to get bass every where on the boat. No dead spots. Thanks again Grant.

(Message edited by nriched on June 14, 2007)
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-15-2007, 10:37 AM Reply   
What kind of wires are you using to wire the back of the sub, those are pimp and exactly what i'm looking for!
Old     (nriched)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-15-2007, 5:57 PM Reply   
The wire is actually 10 gauge red and black power and ground wire ran through clear plastic tubing, heated and shaped.