Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-05-2009, 9:14 PM Reply   
Just thought Id let you guys know of the new Thai Wake Park, which just opened in Bangkok.

Just spend about 5 days there with a big group and it was a fantastic trip! The park has been created and is being run by pro riders so they know what they are doing and have made a sick park which is only going to get better.

Water conditions awesome with an island, chilled out restaruant/bar. Cheap and good food and friendly riders. Its located about 40 mins from the airport, and the nearest hotel which I stayed at is about 10mins from the park, although I think they will be building cabins on the lake ala CWC at some point.

Obstacles so far left and right side kicker, big rooftop rail to flat bar, extra long flat bar, massive funbox (maybe about the size of bli bli but in a different style) and a fun little wedge, with an A-Frame being built next.

An all day pass is about 500 baht and they have weekly passes for 2000 Baht.

The pro riders there, Didi, Aye and Aum have mad skills and will always help you out, I learned 3 mobes and two new spins in my 4 days of riding thanks to their advice and encouragement!

Definitely recommend checking it out

I also blew my ear drum but ya gotta take the good with the bad!

http://thaiwakepark.com/

Dum dum Upload
Roof Rail Upload
Club House Upload
Pick up service! Upload
Old     (conar)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-06-2009, 2:45 AM Reply   
Did you just visit thailand or do u live there? cuz i like here and i only know of the park in bang na :-O looks awsome, do they rent boards out? cable looks way biger there then in bangna. whats the speed of the cable? thanks for this post btw. do they do yearly passes?
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-06-2009, 9:30 PM Reply   
Hey dude, I just visited, I live in Singapore so its pretty close and I will definitely be going back. Yup they rent boards out, and they have a sick pro shop also. Yearly passes are cheap, I think around 18000 baht or so, but just chech the website www.thaiwakepark.com
Old     (killercam)      Join Date: May 2009       05-06-2009, 9:58 PM Reply   
Nice! I've been wanting to get out there to do some muay thai training. This gives me another reason to go.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-06-2009, 11:04 PM Reply   
wakeboarding and Muay Thai? Sweet bro, thought I was the only one with that particular combo! Muay Thai training there is nuts, plus local fights are crazy
Old     (conar)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-07-2009, 4:49 AM Reply   
yea go to lumpini park for muai thai but watch out for the water moniters :P they big man like 6 foot+ singapore has a good wakepark too ryt? u have a few friends there but last time i went to singa i cudnt find the place.
Old     (killercam)      Join Date: May 2009       05-07-2009, 11:23 AM Reply   
Yeah I box and train muay thai 4-5 days a week and try to get on my board just as much. I've been looking at camps to train at out there. There's so many popping up in the past couple years its hard to decide what one to hit up.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-07-2009, 7:35 PM Reply   
yea Ski360 in Singapore is my home cable, its hard to mis bro its only about 10 min from the airport!

My friend just put together a vid of our trip to TWP, its pretty sweet check it out. Look out for the Pete 5, sweet as :-)

Conar lemme know next time your in Sing, theres a a good crew here, come ride with us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxAoUhqK5ig