Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-22-2003, 9:34 AM Reply   
I've been trying to land my W2W for the last month. I'm never consistently over the board after I leave the wake. Anyone got any tips on keeping the board under me after I leave the wake?
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-22-2003, 9:44 AM Reply   
Are you losing the board out the back, to the side, just not leaving the wake with it at all or what?
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-22-2003, 12:55 PM Reply   
not leaving the wake with it. It's either there or I leave it behind. I just want to consistently leave the wake with it.
Thanks.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-22-2003, 1:07 PM Reply   
Lean back slightly and lift your legs front leg first. See Barry's thread, I tried to explain it better.
Hope it helps.
Also, I heard that wakeskate instructional vid "Snap" is a winner.
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-22-2003, 1:15 PM Reply   
I'm using the exact same technique as wakeboarding, edging all the way through the wake. Is this correct?

I can't stand that Barry guy, I won't post where he posts.

Thanks for your help.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-22-2003, 1:24 PM Reply   
Chris Neelley,
say that to my face at the summer spring ride!

B-
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-22-2003, 1:27 PM Reply   
I'd let off your edge right at the wake and concentrate on your legs and the angle of accent.
Lift the board, starting with your front foot, off the top and tuck your legs up under you and stay in position until the last second and stick the landing.
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-22-2003, 1:28 PM Reply   
What a punk, I look forward to a face to face with you beotch. I will be there, only if to see you. Stay off my threads.
Old    steveaz            05-22-2003, 2:49 PM Reply   
Chris, you have to let off your edge at the wake, if you don't the board is loaded, and the minute you leave the wake, you pop, just like on a wakeboard...except that the board isn't attached, so you pop and leave the board behind. As you start to get the hang of it you can take a more aggressive cut and then absorb the board after you leave the wake (bend your knees so the board rises with you).

Hope this helps,
Steve
Old    lukeh2owalker            05-22-2003, 3:42 PM Reply   
ding ding round 1
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-22-2003, 3:43 PM Reply   
Luke- We rides together, just havin a little thursday fun.
Old    lukeh2owalker            05-22-2003, 3:46 PM Reply   
so am i. i figured yous for friends. goodtimes. how wide do you all suggest for feet for wake to wake tricks on my skate?
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-22-2003, 3:57 PM Reply   
4-5 inches from the end of the board is what I'm doing. Is it right? beats me.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-22-2003, 5:02 PM Reply   
Chris is joking.. but I'm serious! you're going down, Neelley!

B-
Old    wakbrd21            05-22-2003, 10:20 PM Reply   
chris,
Its all about the pop of the board work on ollies outside the wake. the way you pop the board (on ollies) is the same thing you want to do on W2W. when i learned i worked on a couple of things pop and trying to be as smooth as possible. after the board pops think about absorbing some of it with your legs by bringing them up thats what makes the board stick for the ride up.
Old    creep_jr            05-23-2003, 6:34 AM Reply   
As you leave the wake suck up your legs and the board will come up. But dont jump just pop. As you see the second wake and you are landing straighten your legs back out.
Old    creep_jr            05-23-2003, 6:36 AM Reply   
Dose any one have tips on 360 shuvits?
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-23-2003, 8:50 AM Reply   
Ok this is the second time I've heard people say to let off your edge. I'd have to disagree. Getting your board to stay with you depends on handle position and letting the board come up to your feet. I think about a strong progressive edge then when I hit the wake I lift my front foot up first, then my back. Make sure you keep the handle in close to your body, that will give you control in the air. Once the board reaches the top of the arc on the jump, start pushing down with your feet. It also helps (Me) to look at the opposite shore.

This is just my opinion and has worked for me as well as a couple of others I ride with.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-23-2003, 8:51 AM Reply   
I don't do em, but would guess it's just like a 180 with a little more kick.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-23-2003, 8:58 AM Reply   
When going toeside I almost always edge through the wake, but for someone just starting to go wake to wake HS it will make it a little easier to control the board from the takeoff if they let off their edge at the wake IMO.
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-23-2003, 11:02 AM Reply   
Thanks to all. Can't wait to get out on the water now. The thing that I've gotten most from the skate is that it has completely rejuvenated my enthusiasm.
Old    thinair            05-23-2003, 1:47 PM Reply   
The bigest thing to remember is DON'T STAND TALL. The board will not stay with you. Like said a bunch before my post weight you're back foot all the way through the wake while sucking you're front foot up to you. After you have released from the wake suck you're back foot up, don't change you're progresive edge, IMO. The board will stay with you young jedi.