Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (boarder33)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-30-2007, 9:26 AM Reply   
Anyone out there having trouble with their stitching ripping on the seats? The rear seat where the two different color materials are joined, they are pulling apart. You can see the actual material ripping where the stitch is. Kinda like when you pull a tag off something and it rips the cloth. Anyone else seeing this happen?
Old     (ceres1312)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-30-2007, 9:30 AM Reply   
we have an 06 v-210 with the same interior design as the 215 but have not noticed anything like that. let me know if you find out something from Sanger.
Old     (deltariderscom)      Join Date: May 2007       07-30-2007, 9:36 AM Reply   
Bert,

I had a similar problem on the rear seat. it is where the piping is between the different colors. The problem was on the early cushion design need some reinforcement and to further better the fix I had some elastic installed where the cushions pull tight to give it some give when they are walked on all the time. The new seat skins I got fixed the problem and 06/07 I have not seen the problem.
Old    stillstandin            07-30-2007, 9:38 AM Reply   
I just noticed the exact same problem after my shasta trip this week. Was actually getting ready to post the same topic. Are you guys getting it fixed via warranty, or just going to an upholstry shop.
Old    bocephus            07-30-2007, 9:49 AM Reply   
Just email Scott Pellaton...He will get it taken care of for you!
Old     (boarder33)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-01-2007, 6:15 AM Reply   
Thanks everyone. I wanted to see if this was something we're just seeing in NY or something that more people are seeing. I'll let you know what happens.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-01-2007, 9:53 AM Reply   
I haven't noticed it on mine but I only have 50 hours on mine, then again I usually have a big load of people. I'll keep a closer eye now though so thanks for the thread.

Bocephus, who's Scott Pellaton?
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-01-2007, 10:14 AM Reply   
I had the same problem with my Supreme. Problem is... the quality if the actual thread.. and debres getting into the seams... and that is what causes the ripping.

So I had the whole length of the seat reupholstered into 3 parts. That way I can remove one seat for people to step and climb over on to the back of the boat.

Also I had the seams double stitched with thread that appears to be stronger then spiderman's web slinger!

No problems yet... working great... I put some grip tape underneath the seat I move most often so people can step into the boat without slipping.

Next I will be redoing the one of the gull wing storage with a stronger material as it sees most of the traffic getting to the back of the boat!
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-02-2007, 11:30 PM Reply   
My 06 V210 is having the same problem. It's got nothing to do with thread or debris in this case. The foam is too soft on the lower portion of the seat bottom allowing it to pull on the stitching at the welt. Been doing upholstery for twenty years. I was not impressed with the thickness of the vinyl after inspection either. Would of thought they would choose better materials. Sanger said they'd cover it under warranty.