Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-03-2007, 7:04 AM Reply   
My PP slows down a lot in turns, and takes a while to get back on speed after the turn. Is this something inherent in a throttle by wire system or can you adjust the NN and KDW settings to correct this. It’s really bad when trying to surf. if I make any turn whatsoever the boat slows to a crawl before returning to normal speed.

My old boat’s (04 Supra ) PP was dead on all the time.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-03-2007, 7:18 AM Reply   
try KDW 200 NN 100.
Or just switch to RPM mode.
Old     (sidewayz)      Join Date: May 2006       05-03-2007, 1:37 PM Reply   
What model boat do you have? I have had problems with some of the new 22 SSV's... On a right hand turn the water is rushing to fast over the paddle wheel and perfect pass is overcompensating and slowing way down. Check with you dealer for sure.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-03-2007, 1:52 PM Reply   
I had those exact same problems with mine, Tried ever setting imaginable on PP, sat out on the boat for about 4 hours on the phone with PP as i was trying every setting. After all that, i just went to RPM mode and that was it. Sticks to the exact RPM with absolutely 0 fluctuation - in winds, turning, etc...
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-03-2007, 2:10 PM Reply   
My PP should hold speed, that is what it was designed to do, switching to RPM is not an acceptable fix for the problem. A temporary solution, yes.

Jake,

I have the new 22 SSV. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it happens turning both ways for me. I will try adjusting hte settings first, but from the research I've been doign it seems liek the paddlewheel may be placed incorrectly.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-04-2007, 8:25 AM Reply   
Adam - totally feel you on that man, i felt exactly the same way, i paid for it, then it needs to work properly. However, the the nice thing about PP, is it has that other option RPM mode, so you can use it as well. Its not a temporary fix, its the other option available to you. Trust me, my crew has pretty much every boat out there, and most of their PP mph modes work fine, but we all use RPM mode - its just much better, and holds the truest speed at all times - thus your wake will always stay exactly the same way and you speed will hold exactly the same no matter what. Thats what you got your PP for - to hold the exact speed at all times.
Just went through the same road your going down right now bro, and trying to save you some frustration as I did. Good luck regardless and hope you find the solution that works best for you.
Old     (goose)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-05-2007, 11:52 AM Reply   
Adam,

Email me on Monday and I think I can help you out on this. I was out of the office on Friday if you already tried to email me.

If anyone else is having this problem contact your dealer and have them contact me by email.

Sorry about the problem.

Matt Brown
Old     (ryan27r)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-05-2007, 2:36 PM Reply   
Matt do you know Rob Loucks email?
Old     (goose)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-06-2007, 7:23 AM Reply   
Rob Loucks is rloucks@skierschoice.com