Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-27-2004, 6:00 PM Reply   
I've been riding Byerly's for the past two years and have loved them except for one thing.... they're very heavy. Last weekend they finally gave out on me. Both boots ripped. Rather than buy some new Byerly's or get new overlays, I've decided to try another binding. I've got three boots in mind:

CWB Zeus
LF Alphas
LF Ultras

I've ridden a buddy's Zeus' before and liked them quite a bit. However, I'm not crazy about a front lace binding. I like to be snug in my boots, yet come right out of them on a nasty fall. The LF Alphas look cool, but how do they ride? The Ultras may be what I'm looking for, but I read some reviews and am worried that they will not offer the support that I'm used to in the Byerly's.

I would like some opinions from those that have been riding for a while. Preferrably from riders who have actually owned some of the bindings mentioned above, as well as other bindings to compare them to. If money was no object which boot do you think is best?
Old    wakeboardn4life            09-27-2004, 6:31 PM Reply   
dude im in the same position your in i ride the 04 byerlys and there so freakin heavy there startin to wear out on me and the boa is starting the lose its hold and i have to tighten them alot me often now im gunna try the alphas and ultras on at my local shop and see how they are but if you try out the alphas or ultras out let me know it would be greatly appreacaited

(Message edited by wakeboardn4life on September 27, 2004)
Old     (rodeo)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-27-2004, 7:44 PM Reply   
zeus!just don't tighten them up as much.
Old    210n            09-28-2004, 5:32 PM Reply   
get lf teams, alphas are ok but the teams are the best. as far as zeus's and ultrasucs....please.... don't wast your time
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-29-2004, 7:46 AM Reply   
John,

LF Teams? I haven't heard of those. Did you mean Transits? Also, why shouldn't I waste my time with the Zeus or Ultras? What problems have you had with them?
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-29-2004, 12:16 PM Reply   
I've ridden Ultras, Belmonts, Parks, Exo's, and Alphas. I always always go back to the Ultras. I'm about to get my third pair. I love the Ultras. After riding them for a while I feel like everyone boot is just too high, and not tight enough.

If money was not an object.....still ultras.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-29-2004, 12:33 PM Reply   
I don't know what John is talking about.

I've been ridding the Zeus most of this season. They are the most comfortable binding I have ever tried. No problems. Very easy to get on and off. Everyone I know loves them.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-29-2004, 1:30 PM Reply   
i like mine the best.
Old    210n            09-29-2004, 1:38 PM Reply   
teams are the new 05 LF bindings that put all others to shame. wait like a month or so, it'll be worth it. the zeus's aren't near as comfortable and the ultras are downright horrible to get in and out of.
Old    wakejump            09-29-2004, 1:42 PM Reply   
i have hyperlite 3060. they are pretty good.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-30-2004, 11:21 AM Reply   
LF Ultras all the way. Hard to get in and out, but definitely worth it once your in.
Old    210n            09-30-2004, 11:40 AM Reply   
pay the extra 100 bucks for the teams instead of the ultras, its worth it.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-30-2004, 12:38 PM Reply   
Do you have pic or any other info on the Teams?