Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 01, 2004

Old    blindsiderider            04-21-2004, 8:18 AM Reply   
I heard a story yesterday that a Boss tower came off a Calabria while being used and caused 2 deaths in the boat and now they are sueing Calabria. Has anyone heard this? I dont want to start anything just wondering if anyone else has heard this.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-21-2004, 9:24 AM Reply   
Wow.
Haven't heard that one.
Old     (switch)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-21-2004, 9:42 AM Reply   
What city.
Old    blindsiderider            04-21-2004, 9:54 AM Reply   
Not sure like I said it was just talk that I heard one dealer telling the other dealer on the phone dont know the facts that is why I am asking about it on here.
Old    hydrocide            04-21-2004, 10:14 AM Reply   
Courious what dealer this was?
First, Boss is not the mfg for Calabria and has not been for quite some time. Hydrocide Towers has been the manufacturer for Calabria for about 9 months, and there's been no issues of towers falling off.

Old    swass            04-21-2004, 10:20 AM Reply   
Why are you assuming the tower was factory-installed? Or, for that matter, why are you assuming the story is true?
Old    hydrocide            04-21-2004, 10:23 AM Reply   
based off of the rumor- if the tower wasn't factory installed why would they sue calabria?
Old    hydrocide            04-21-2004, 10:25 AM Reply   
"No issues of towers falling off"
Does this look as though I assume the story to be true?
Old    swass            04-21-2004, 10:25 AM Reply   
Because they can.
Old    swass            04-21-2004, 10:34 AM Reply   
No, it looks as though you found an opportunity to tell people some tower called Hydrocide is OEM for Calabria.
Old    blindsiderider            04-21-2004, 11:05 AM Reply   
No one said it was true all I asked was had anyone heard of it
I dont care who makes the tower now.

and by the way 9 months is not a long time to be the tower for Calabria "Boss is not the mfg for Calabria and has not been for quite some time"

Boss did supply towers to Calabria

isnt Hydrocide a new name for the same company just a way to side step Correct craft

(Message edited by blindsiderider on April 21, 2004)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-21-2004, 11:10 AM Reply   
swass, a little testy today? simmer down nah.}

Haven't heard of this, would be very surprised to hear it's true. It sounds like the type of thing that some dealers say to others as a knock on their competition (some dealers) and then it gets around. I know a guy who just knocks other brands to sell his product, it's the worst type of sales ever!! One can never know when it is truthful or not.
Old    blindsiderider            04-21-2004, 11:19 AM Reply   
brand knocking and dealer knocking has nothing to do with either one of the dealers. nether one of these dealers knew if it was true either. I just thought I would throw it up here and see if anyone had heard the story.

Old    swass            04-21-2004, 11:19 AM Reply   
I was being a bit pissy, huh?

Sorry - C & A documentation does that to me. Simmering down now, thanks.