Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old    wakemonter            04-01-2006, 8:52 PM Reply   
Do you know someone famous or important that owns a towboat other than pro riders? For example I've heard Jerome Iginla and Kevin Lowe have a Supra. Does George W own a towboat ? How about Arnold "i'll be back" ?
Old     (boats4every1)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-01-2006, 10:00 PM Reply   
Alan Jackson owns a MasterCraft. He use to own a nautique back when he shot the video for "chatahoochie" but last I knew owned a MC. A few years back Waterski Magazine or wakeboard mag printed an article "celebreties and their boats."
Old     (mhayes)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-02-2006, 9:35 AM Reply   
OK, maybe because I do not read the tabloids, but who the hell is Kevin Lowe and Jerome Iginla? Never heard of them!
Old     (heem)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-02-2006, 9:55 AM Reply   
I think one is a hockey player, don't know about the other.
Old     (campfar_knights)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-02-2006, 9:58 AM Reply   
the tow of those guys are NHL players. Kevin lowe is retired and jerome iginla is a sniper. Thats funny they both play hockey, cuz i know of another hockey player for the sj sharks that enjoys wakeboarding by the name of Scott Hannan. I think he also owns a mastercraft.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-02-2006, 11:30 AM Reply   
Yes, next question...

"I'm kind of a big deal...People know me...I'm very important..I have many leatherbound books...and my apartmant smells of rich mahogany....I'm friends with Merlin Olsen......he come over, on occasion..."
Old     (jpshaff01)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-02-2006, 3:21 PM Reply   
Kid rock owns a chris craft
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-02-2006, 3:41 PM Reply   
I know some football players own a boat in Arizona. The singer from metallica wakeboards, some nascar guy has a boat, and tony hawk has a wakeboard boat.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-02-2006, 3:47 PM Reply   
Tracy McGrady (sp?) had a SAN when he was with the Orlando Magic. I don't know how he fit in that thing. I sold mine because I couldn't fit in the driver's seat and kept hitting my head on the tower, although the wake was PERFECT.
Old     (todd_everton)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-02-2006, 4:33 PM Reply   
John Mellancamp owns a SANTE.He goes out on the lake quite a bit.( also lives right on the lake)
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-02-2006, 4:47 PM Reply   
Supercross Star Chad Reed Owns a Centurion

Upload
Upload
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-02-2006, 4:56 PM Reply   
NASCAR driver Kasey Khane has a Supra.
Old     (fbi)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-02-2006, 5:44 PM Reply   
Brian Rolston has a Nautique and so does Joe Cochiere (sp?) I think Tom Hanks has a Nautique. The previous coach of the Detroit Lions has an MC X-30
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-02-2006, 5:49 PM Reply   
I know that Steve Mariuchi of the Detroit Lions has a Lime green Mastercraft. X-30??? as Jason said, I don't know, probably.
Old     (wakeboardad)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-02-2006, 6:23 PM Reply   
Robby Gordon has a MC X-10.Upload
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-02-2006, 6:26 PM Reply   
A buddy and I think we saw Randy Couture from the UFC pulling a sweet a$$ MB out at Chinook Landing a couple years back.
Old    bocephus            04-02-2006, 9:09 PM Reply   
Jesse James owns one but I can't remember which brand. It's one of thos havasu brands.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-02-2006, 9:13 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/news/2002/correctcraft1.asp
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-02-2006, 9:25 PM Reply   
Robby Gordon looks like he should not be sitting in the drivers seat in that condition!!! Plastered
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-02-2006, 9:34 PM Reply   
I don't know if I've ever seen Robby Gordon in proper condition to be in the drivers seat!

j/k - Actually, I'm a big Robby Gordon fan (yes, with a fan tee-shirt too) and I appreciate his versatility. One minute he's in Mexico driving a baja truck like a mad-man, the next he's rolling laps around indy in an IRL car, then in a NASCAR stock car. I think he's even raced off-shore boats...?...

Robby is one of the few drivers to ever drive the Indy 500 and the Coke-cola 600 in one day. That's 1100 miles of racing around in a circle! Plus travel from Indiana to North Carolina.. That's a long day..

--OFF TOPIC, sorry, please resume—
Old    bocephus            04-02-2006, 10:11 PM Reply   
JAG TV STAR CATHERINE BELL TO TOUT NAUTIQUES®

ORLANDO, FL – April 4, 2002 Correct Craft announced today that television's JAG star Catherine Bell has signed a two-year agreement to be featured in two ads annually for Nautiques by Correct Craft. Bell, a Nautique owner since 1998 Nautique, has a new 2002 TEAM EDITION Super Air Nautique on order. Catherine and her husband ski mostly at Lake Arrowhead and daily at Lake Castaic when filming JAG in Southern California. They ride bikes and participate in extreme sports, pusuing a very active lifestyle. Catherine says, "I can't wait to get some big air on the new boat! And I'm thrilled to be a part of the Correct Craft family." Vice president of marketing for Correct Craft, Larry Meddock said, "We are delighted to have such a devoted fan in Catherine Bell and welcome her to the Correct Craft family. We look forward to working with her over the next couple of years." Catherine can expect to have an opportunity to get her desired 'big air' behind her new, custom Team Edition™ Super Air Nautique® around the middle of May.

Upload
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-03-2006, 7:05 AM Reply   
hottie :-)
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-03-2006, 7:28 AM Reply   
Jimmy Johnson (NASCAR driver) is a part-time wakeboarder, but I don't remember what kind of boat he said he had.
Old     (ebone66)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-03-2006, 7:35 AM Reply   
Don't some guys from the Minnesota Vikings have a boat? Heard they like to party.
Old    swass            04-03-2006, 7:39 AM Reply   
Didn't a NASCAR (or CART, maybe?) driver post here for a bit while recovered from foot surgery? I remember the pictures of his foot, but I don't remember his name.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       04-03-2006, 7:45 AM Reply   
Wasn't there an article on here one time about Tommy Lee wakeboarding. I can't remember if he had a boat or not though.

I never knew that NASCAR and Wakeboarding were so closely tied.
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-03-2006, 9:15 AM Reply   
I ended up with Katherine Bell's Super Air, bought it last year from the second owner. It was a promo boat, used in a few photoshoots, but I think she got another one.

Old    bocephus            04-03-2006, 9:17 AM Reply   
How do you keep that black boat clean?
Old     (tjs_ccc)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-03-2006, 9:19 AM Reply   
Not sure why it matters if your famous and own a boat, but my dealership has sold boats to a few "well known names". We have delivered 3 boats to Catherine Bell of "Jag". (First and Air Nautique, then 210 Team and then 226 Team). Tom Hanks and wife Rita Wilson bought a 216 Team from us. Mark Harmon of NCIS has an Air Nautique. We sold Tim Alan a Cobalt 272...(Arf, Arf). We have sold two boats (Sport Nautique then an Air Nautique)to Todd Worrell. He is retired now, but pitched for the Dodgers and St Louis. (His brother Tim Worrell also a pitcher came out for the delivery...they are big guys and very competitive! We also delivered our second Nautique (211 Team)to retired pitcher Bret Saberhagen. Pro Golfer Scott Simpson owns a 210 Team. Rob Bowman (director of Rings of Fire and many X File shows) has bought 3 boats from us and currently owns two Nautiques at the same time.

Its cool to meet these people, but they are no more important than any other person who spends their hard earned buck with us. Just this past week we delivered boats to the Taylor's, Shankel's, McCormick's, Haglund's, Fox's, Ferguson and Tang's....None of you know them, but they are all very famous to us here at CCC and Greenhouse Ride Shop.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-03-2006, 9:53 AM Reply   
I see Tom Glavine at the Atlanta Boat Show every year. He has a Nautique.
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       04-03-2006, 3:49 PM Reply   
No wonder Nautique's are priced high. They have to keep all those celebs happy with promo boats.

Nothing like a "marketing budget" that rolls down hill.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-03-2006, 3:55 PM Reply   
Well said Tim, I was kinda wondering what made a person "important".
Old     (tjs_ccc)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-03-2006, 4:21 PM Reply   
Hey Machew, All of the famous/important people I listed in my post bought their boats from me just like anyone else...no special discounts (except the last Catherine Bell 226). They bought the boats because they chose them....just like you chose and paid for yours. Even Catherine paid for her first boats....You may not know this, but all our pro wakeboarders do not get "free boats". They give them back at the end of the year and they are resold to the public. (I have sold many of them). It only costs CC the interest on their money to build the boat while it is being used.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-03-2006, 4:50 PM Reply   
famous != important
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       04-03-2006, 5:42 PM Reply   
Grant West has an Air Nautique. Very rare reverse gell coat all red with white stripe.
Clean.
Old     (cwhite)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-06-2006, 6:20 PM Reply   
The Indy car drivers Tomas Sheckter and Scott Dixon both own x stars in Indianpolis on Geist Reservoir.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-06-2006, 6:52 PM Reply   
jesse james has an ultra 27 shadow. i saw it at the LA boat show. pretty slick looking boat, it's a bit too "bro" or "909er"for me. those from so cal know what i'm talking about.

it's fast as hell though.

Upload
Old     (morgs)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-07-2006, 12:42 AM Reply   
Martina Hingis has an 04 X-Star on the lake of Zurich, Switzerland.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-07-2006, 1:07 AM Reply   
Grant West..... LOL