Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (zachcopp)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-22-2009, 3:56 PM Reply   
Ive got it narrowed down to two boards. The Marek or the Lyman Fly. Which will be faster, pop harder, land softer etc. Ive searched the threads alot and found that the Marek has crazy speed and crazy pop but lands a little hard sometimes. Heard nothing about the Lyman fly. Hope this doesnt start a liquid force hyperlite argument haha
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-22-2009, 5:03 PM Reply   
lyman doesnt even ride the lyman fly. ive heard its not that strong. im a big fan on the regular lyman though. and that thing is supper strong. and it will save you a few hundred rather then the fly. and BTW ive heard the 2010 lyman has insane graphics. lyman said they are incredible but wont spill any info on it
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-23-2009, 8:27 AM Reply   
Zach are you going to be hitting the rails at the Cable Park with this board?
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       07-23-2009, 10:19 AM Reply   
MAREK....FOR SURE.
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-23-2009, 10:33 AM Reply   
the Marek has a molded in diamond-ish feature in the center which helps soften landings. but this is sunk low enough that it wont "rock" back & forth on heels/toes while on the swim deck or rails, etc.

People that complain about harsh landings usually land past the downside of the wake and flatter than a pancake. this will give a harsh feeling no matter what board you are on. just land on a slight edge and you shouldnt have to worry about slapping down much more.

for the record, the Marek is an extremely fast, lively, springy and above all fun board. but this is merely my opinion, try it for yourself and see.
Old     (j_money)      Join Date: May 2006       07-23-2009, 12:01 PM Reply   
Zach,

I have rode the Lyman and Marek... Both for significant amounts of time. I am currently on the Marek solely for looks, ha! kind of pathetic but the thing looks rad! I was riding the 2008 Lyman 143 and 09 shane boots and It WAS BY FAR THE BEST SETUP IVE EVER OWNED!!! SOOOO fast! soooooo light for a foam core! Incredible strength! and just an AWESOME all around board! $200 bucks and youve got in my opinion the most versatile high performance board on the market! Behind a boat, on the cable with kickers and sliders or wherever!!! and you dont have to feel bad about a nick or scuff cause its so cheap!

That said the Marek is also a great board! In no way is it lighter than the lyman foam core though. with bindings id say they are about the same. Pop is almost identicle, speed is pretty close, tracking I liked the lyman better the marek gets a lil squirrely on me from the toes from time to time but its pry due to my form. Landings without question the Lyman is softer. The Marek is not bad but the lyman definately takes it in that department. And as far as versatility goes.. Im not sure how much your gonna spend on the Marek but odds are good it wont be cheap and do you really want to be bangin that off kickers and sliders?!?!? plus youll have to lose the fins so youll have no tracking at the cable at all. just my .02 on that.

At the end of the day this is just my opinion but if I could do it all over again id say Lyman all day!!!
Old     (j_money)      Join Date: May 2006       07-23-2009, 12:43 PM Reply   
p.s. dont even consider the FLY. its just gonna break... the foam is still on the light end of foam core boards....
Old     (j_money)      Join Date: May 2006       07-23-2009, 1:51 PM Reply   
SORRY!!! 1 last thing though. The Lyman has a much wider stance... took me a while to get use to the mareks stance cause it felt so close... One thing ill give the Marek over the lyman is the core. It just glides on top of the water... honestly at first i found it hard to keep it under me on starts cause it just wants to float. Ok. I think i got all the info I can think of out there for ya!
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-23-2009, 2:02 PM Reply   
Never ridden the Marek but I've been riding the Lyman this year and like it a lot, then I loaned it to my my buddy and now I can't get it back!
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-23-2009, 3:42 PM Reply   
if you want the marek 141 for a good price go here

http://www.golomit.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=19
Old     (tcaz)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-23-2009, 3:51 PM Reply   
I wish I could buy a Marek "just for looks"...