Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-07-2003, 6:35 AM Reply   
I know the subject has been addressed in the past, but these racks were new to the market. Now that they have gone through some real world testing, how have they held up? Pros and cons would be appreciated.
Old    whitechocolate            05-07-2003, 6:57 AM Reply   
I don't know about your queston? But I see there New Add in the Wakeboarding mag Has a Nautiques Logo in the bottom right hand side. I guess the rumor of them becoming factory on all Air Nautiques could be true.
Old    whitechocolate            05-07-2003, 7:03 AM Reply   

Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-07-2003, 11:01 AM Reply   
Those are the gems. They need to handle a little salt and some major bumps.

(Message edited by srock on May 07, 2003)
Old     (healing)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-07-2003, 11:02 AM Reply   
I have around 4 hours on my set of inverts and highly recommend them. I like the fact that they do not have bungee straps to mess with. They are strong and ratle free. So far
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-07-2003, 11:08 AM Reply   
Chad, Do they rattle when empty and are you aware if any of the components are not stainless or aluminum. Typically non-stainless fastners sneak by on stainless assemblies and the salt loves that stuff.
Old    whitechocolate            05-07-2003, 11:42 AM Reply   
I wish they would make a set in "Black" I would get some then! Or better yet How about "Black Chrome"
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-07-2003, 2:03 PM Reply   
I've very impressed with them, love to hear more about the real world results. I hope them make them for 2-1/2" tubing some day.

Bill
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-07-2003, 2:29 PM Reply   
Bill -

They will make ANY size if they don't have it already! Give em a call or shoot em an e-mail.

We ( GoWakin ) have been testig 10 or 12 sets since fall and they have yet to let us down. They have held up over the double-ups, rollers and they hold the landlock too. . . There has been no rattle and like others have mentioned no bungy cords snapping or breaking. . .

_________
Aaron

P.S. {We will be raffling off a set of racks at each of the evnets this year}
Old     (healing)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-07-2003, 8:47 PM Reply   
Tim,
The racks do not rattle with boards in them or running them empty. They look to be all stainless even the spring. However since I am not in salt water I did not inspect every part that closely, I will next time on the lake.
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-08-2003, 7:04 AM Reply   
I saw on an earlier thread someone said there was going to be a new version coming out about now. Does anybody know about this? What is being changed?
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-08-2003, 11:36 AM Reply   
Please excuse the long post.

First off, I am neither an employee or stakeholder in Nvert Sports. I just happen to know one of the owners and I want to take this opportunity to answer some of the above questions and then some.

In regards to upgrades, there have been many since I and the phenomenal GoWakin organization started testing them early this past winter. Side note, if you haven’t made it to a GoWakin event, GO. Those guys are strictly about spreading the STOKE. Back to the rack, every upgrade to date, including the last few that have yet to be released, will not be apparent in any photo you see of them. Every change has been internal. I could list them if you want but that would make this post a tad bit too long.

Therefore, I will constrain myself to the few that have yet to be released. One is a simple spring type and location change. Another is pin change and the final is an integrated (seamless) ratchet type lock that takes the load off the spring when the lever is down.

The current version works great. Especially if you mount them parallel at 45 degrees. Every upgrade has been introduced with the end goal of making them mountable in any direction. Even upside down.

I believe all metal parts are stainless.

Also, all early adopters will be upgraded to the final version.

Finally, 1.5’s are currently available. The only tower sizes that I know of that are not ready are Supra/Mooba and Titan. However, those two are being fabricated as I type this post.

Feel free to email me with any further questions you may have.
Old    whitechocolate            05-08-2003, 12:09 PM Reply   
Mat Thank's for your Post"
What About The Nautiques Racks for FTC are They Avaiable,Now And do they say Nautiques On them . Like the ones in the Photo, And what about making them Black??? Thanks Grant
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-08-2003, 7:39 PM Reply   
Grant, let me check with Nvert before commenting on the one question of yours I’m not answering at this time. I hope you can understand my reluctance to respond without checking with them first. In regards to an all black Rack, I know of none planned at the current time and don’t even know if it’s possible to powder stainless. Send an email to sales@nvertsports.com and ask them. I will say, as is, they look pretty cool on CC towers. Wait until you see their other products. All very distinguishable from every other accessory manufacturer out there and built with an eye for them to be flawless on certain towers (wink).

One thing I will say, the Nvert racks can be mounted to the high bar on the CC tower allowing you to run 8 boards. So in reality, you can keep your existing and expand the use of your tower.