Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    aaron_bell            05-10-2003, 8:29 AM Reply   
Can anyone tell me how to remove the panel that contains the radio on a Super Air. I would like to install a new radio, but I'm unsure of how to properly remove this panel to get the old radio out and the new one in.
Old     (htown)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-10-2003, 6:01 PM Reply   
Good luck on removing that panel. I tried to remove it forever so I could replace the 6 1/2 speaker in there. I finally got it free enough to fit my hands back there and replace the speaker.

I know there are a couple screws under he dash that hold it on and also some on the sidewall underneath. There is also one in the compartment at the bottom underneath the throttle. I think the throttle has something to do with it being stuck on there also. But, after removing all the things above (except the throttle), I didn't get it off.

If you are just replacing the head unit are you sure you have to remove that panel. It might just slide out of there like it does in a car. It is possible you don't have to remove the panel at all.
Old    aaron_bell            05-10-2003, 8:00 PM Reply   
Tim,
I installed perfect pass and that was a huge undertaking just mounting the gas gauge sized dial below the throttle. I removed several screws but never really got the panel free.

I thought if I could remove the panel things would be just that much easier to install a new radio. They sure don't make things easy...
Old    whitechocolate            05-11-2003, 4:12 PM Reply   
The Clarion Come's out Like this 1 Open the CD window. Remove the side cover's on either side of the Cd open Windo once you take off the Covers you will se 4 Philips heads screws they hold the Whold cdunit in the dash pannel take thoes out and your done!
Old    aaron_bell            05-11-2003, 4:45 PM Reply   
Grant,

I'll give it a try! Thanks!