Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    skippyh2o            02-21-2003, 1:39 AM Reply   
Fully loaded Ski Supreme V208 (VDrive) for $39,000(US). Am I going wrong for this good of a deal? I dont see much Supreme talk on here....?
Old    skippyh2o            02-21-2003, 2:29 AM Reply   
Here is some pics of the V208.
2003 Ski Supreme V208 SKY
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-21-2003, 11:23 AM Reply   
Skip,

you may want to look at the Moomba line specificaly the LSV, and the Mobius V-drive if your looking at a new boat and want to stay in that price range.The Moomba line is known for being a great deal for a reasonable price, and their customer satisfaction is top notch.

Supreme hasn't had a great reputation in the past, but as a disclaimer, many people have commented on their focus to improve things in the last two years.

The other option you have is to buy a used Mastercraft X-Star, Malibu VLX, Super Air Nautique, or the Supra SSV. All four of these boats are far superior in quality and performance when you compare them to the Supremes.

Of course this is just my opinion. I'm quite partial to my Mob-V, and I have had many positive comments on the wake, and the comfort of the interior layout.

BTW,

you should hook up with some of the Sammamish Hardcore group and do some boat hoping to see what suits you best. Your always welcome to come ride with us. We ride year round, so just shoot me an e-mail if your interested.
Old     (bmblbee)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-22-2003, 5:37 AM Reply   
I have a 2002 V Pro Sky (same boat) and love it. No problems of any kind and we find it meets our needs very well. Concensus seems to be that you should be more concerned with the dealer than the boat brand. A good dealer can ensure any problems you face become minor ones. Based on my experience Supreme will fix problems that come up. The coating on our swim deck started to crack and peel and we got a new deck with no problems.

I say go for it. You won't be disapointed in the boat.
Old    stillstandin            02-24-2003, 9:19 AM Reply   
I have a supreme 220, I love it, I have had zero problems, and the dealer has been great. I also looked at Moomba, but I live in Ca, Supreme is made in Ca, and there is about 6 places that will service the merc motor in town, the nearest place for indmar was an hour and a half away. The biggest thing I notest between Moomba, and Supreme, was that Supreme seemed to have the little extra's that didn't come on a Moomba. No knock to Moomba tho, it is a great boat to.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-24-2003, 9:35 AM Reply   
My buddy purchased a Supreme, so far he's really happy with it! From what I can tell it's a wonderful boat.

B-
Old    av8tens            02-24-2003, 10:41 AM Reply   
Skip-
I was under the impression from your earlier posts you already had one, or are a dealer, but here's what I know:
The V Pro Sky and 208 are different boats. V Pro Sky is 21+' with a narrower (90") beam, the 208 is 20'8" with a 95" beam. I have a 208 that I am generally happy with, but it has had some minor issues the dealer has taken care of. To me the Supreme seemed like a good value. The 208's closest competitor is the Tige 20V which I was also interested in. They are very similar, and drive almost identically. It basically comes down to styling and price, and last year the Tige was about 4-5K more out the door.
T
PS- That is a great looking boat in the pics! I like the new Supreme logos much better.
Old    mmascari            02-24-2003, 1:24 PM Reply   
I am also a new Supreme owner. I have an 03 V Pro Sky. I've been pleased with everything about it: the wake is awesome, the driveability is excellent, and it is reliable. I got mine on special and only payed $33,000. It came with the same options that other wakeboard boats had and was $10,000+ cheaper. Check the profile for a picture of the boat. Here is a picture of the wake, with only the internal ballast filled(~500lbs) and 3 people.

Old    stillstandin            02-24-2003, 1:59 PM Reply   
Another comment: The boat pictured on this boat is beautiful.....I dig that scheme..
Old    stillstandin            02-24-2003, 1:59 PM Reply   
Another comment: The boat pictured on this post is beautiful.....I dig that scheme..
Old    skippyh2o            03-05-2003, 11:36 PM Reply   
Hey,
Thanks for all the feedback, I also found that the Supremes are ALL fiberglass now, as of last year, even the upholstery backing. I found that Centurion advertises Fiberglass, yet most of the upholstery is backed with wood... Not that it really matters with all the "lifetime" warranties now. SKIP
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-06-2003, 1:00 AM Reply   
I've done a bit of research on this topic. The 208 is not the same boat as the vpro sky but you can get the 208 with the vpro sky graphics. The 208 is 20 ft 8' and has something like a 95 inch beam. the vpro sky is like a foot longer and has a 90 inch beam. The 208 is also more of a v instead of a comp ski boat. I do have a friend with a 208 and i don't really like it that much. plus we paid 41K for our X star. If i were you i would pony up the xtra 2k or go for the vpro sky.
or maybe check out sanger. They are very inepensive and they have a sweet wake.
Old    xtremrider            03-06-2003, 12:19 PM Reply   
Well a Sanger and a Supreme are built almost exactly the same. Just look different I had a sanger since 98 and loved it. and just got a pro v sky i think we got ours for 38,000 but its still pretty close. so far i love it although i havent got to ride behind it yet. and i also got the phat budde rack. I am not a big fan of the Master Craft products, everyone i know that has kept them for more thn a year hates them, for some reason they seem to almost vibrate loose, with all kinds of weird rattles after a season or two. I think that is a pretty good price for it. I only have like 12 hours driving time on mine but it seems sweet.