Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old    MCorBust            08-04-2010, 11:05 PM Reply   
So I was under the impression that our surf wake was pretty impressive until I came here and saw some of the wakes people are putting out. My question is, I have a 2008 MC X2, currently my setup is as follows:

Port Factory Hard Tank #150
Starboard Factory Hard Tank #150
KGB Factory Hard Tank #250
Port Locker FH #700 Sac

We get a nice deep wake, I'd say about 3.5-4.5ft deep depending on passenger weight, which is fairly easily surfable. Usually we ride with around 5 people in the boat which we load up on the port side/cram into the port corner. I enjoy how deep our wake is, however I was wondering how I go about making it even deeper, but at the same time extending the surfable area further back, as right now the sweet spot appears to be about 3ft off the back of the platform.

Personally, I'm a big dude, 6'1, and 245, so originally on factory ballast alone, and just my immediate family in the boat, it was impossible for me to surf. The wake got tremendously better when we added the #700 to the back port locker. So any suggestions on how to make overall a bigger better wake would be appreciated.

I'm planning on adding the Fly high X-2 Bow Sac to the bow of the boat for an additional #700 in the front for wakeboarding, would that also help for surfing?

Here's a video of my little cousin's first time up, it is the best video I have of the wake forming up behind the boat:

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/665...0724125114.mp4