Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 28, 2009

Old     (wakesurfer08)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-27-2009, 7:23 AM Reply   
I know that a few people a while back have made some suggestions on a prop for our boat,but I just want to make sure before I spend the money, I do get the correct prop for our boat.
When fully loaded I will have 3250lbs of ballast and lead,then add in 2 children (7 & 8) and 4 adults. So what is the ideal prop we should use.

Thanks for all the help!

Also should let you know,we wakeboard only. Thanks.

(Message edited by wakesurfer08 on June 27, 2009)
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-27-2009, 8:09 AM Reply   
Acme 1235 would be the one to definitely go with. I have the same boat (2000 XStar), and ride with about 4200 lbs of ballast plus 2 people in the boat. the prop works wonders. you don't have to floor it to get on plain. i know it's a bit spendy, but it is totally worth it...it's the best purchase i've made since buying the boat.
Old    sandvign            06-27-2009, 8:23 AM Reply   
Considering you wakeboard only, the Acme 1235 Jay suggests is definitely what I'd go with. I've been in a couple different boats (never the 205 hull) that have been loaded down and set up with the 1235 and they were stump pullers for sure. The only thing I didn't like about the prop was the amount of top end speed it took off. I like to barefoot after a session so I need some speed back there. When there was no weight at all in one of the boats there was quite a bit of prop slippage with the throttle pinned. Every boat I've been in that was running that prop was a larger roughly 23 foot boat so I dont know what it would do to your smaller boats top end but it doesn't seem like you are worried about it at all. I'd say youd be more than happy with that prop but wonder how the Acme 1591 would do. It's a 14x16 and .135 cup. Little less pitch to conserve some of that top end, yet still be strong enough to pull the bottom out of the lake. Either way I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever you go with. Happy stump pulling!
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-27-2009, 9:39 AM Reply   
the top end with that hull/prop combo is about 36-37 mph i would say. also, i have the 330 hp LTR engine.
Old     (wakesurfer08)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-27-2009, 1:45 PM Reply   
Jay,

I have the 330hp LTR also. The hp is no problem at all,its the amount of weight being used and if you do have 4 or even max of 6 adults with you it does take alittle bit to plane out. I am really not worried about going fast at all, if we are not wakeboarding we do some surfing or just idle speed to a cove and let the kids swim for awhile. I will look at the Acme 1235 you suggested. Sounds like the prop for our needs. Thanks a Ton Jay!