Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (luv2board48)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-22-2007, 2:51 PM Reply   
Hey guys heres the situation
all summer long i've been trying the tantrum but can never get it down...i wan't to be able to do some kind of inverted trick because i am way past the 180's and wake jumps,etc....im thinking about trying the hs backroll because i've failed on the tantrum so much that it leads to frustration...i've never gotten hurt trying the tantrum all the 20 or so times i tried it...but i've heard about people getting hurt on the backroll because of underrotation and hurt back/ribs...help lol...wut next
Old     (charman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-22-2007, 2:57 PM Reply   
i say get a vid of your tantrum, post it here, and get sound advice. then go try 20 more times.
Old     (jpboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-22-2007, 3:28 PM Reply   
Yea man post up a vid, I had the same problem with my tanrum. It took me so long to get it down, and I still cant get it consistent. Just make sure you pop off the wake first and then start the flip, that is the biggest problem i had, but the key is to just try it and make small adjustments each try and you will get closer.
Old     (luv2board48)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-22-2007, 3:41 PM Reply   
well that is my main prob i think...well i don't have a video on my comp but i got one on my camera...that will take a while to load but in the mean time can anyone else give me some more tips...thanks
Old     (jpboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-22-2007, 4:23 PM Reply   
When I was having my problem landing it, Kyle Schmidt head of the camp in Clermont FL told me to practice one handed backside re-entries. I can say that these helped me to get the feel of how I was supposed hit the wake when I did my tantrums, so it helps. If you are not familiar with one handed backside re-entries go to http://www.thebookdvd.com/dvds/buildfound.htm and look at the chapter for the "building a foundation" dvd, it will show you after it goes over the 4 minute drill. Or if you happen to own the dvd just watch it. Hope this helps and good luck.
Old     (luv2board48)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-22-2007, 7:16 PM Reply   
i'll check that out
im going out on saturday so i'll let you know how i do with it....thanks