Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-03-2012, 10:49 AM Reply   
http://www.seahawks.com/ms/uniforms/index.html?ttl=0

Biggest uniform overhaul in the league this year. I, for one, love em.
Old    bigdtx            04-03-2012, 11:00 AM Reply   
If you're gonna lose, you might as well look good doing it.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-03-2012, 11:37 AM Reply   
C'mon man. You're a cowboys fan aren't you? You really gonna talk trash? Unless your team has at least made the playoffs since we have, don't bother.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-03-2012, 1:54 PM Reply   
Can't wait for those Sissy Ass Boys to finally roll their Romo lovin lips into Seattle this year. It's gonna be soooooo rewarding to watch them go down to My Hawks in our stadium!
Old    bigdtx            04-03-2012, 2:55 PM Reply   
If there is somebody who knows whatof they speak - it's me! LOL.
Calling all witch doctors - can we get rid of Jerry? Because it'll never be good with him.
I felt sorry for Oakland with Al. We are Oakland 2.0.

Out!
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-03-2012, 3:21 PM Reply   
Looks like the Oregon Ducks font - FAIL.

My Niners will have fun putting them in the ground this season.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-04-2012, 4:25 PM Reply   
New gloves? YES!
New uniforms? ehh...

Beast Mode should make them look good this year.

Phatboy, your 49ers finally had a winning season since 2002, congrats. Just don't get your hopes up. You didn't get Payton Manning this offseason. But you did get Randy Moss!! That should work wonders for your locker room.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-04-2012, 5:20 PM Reply   
The helmets are dope too. And I actually really like the pattern along the legs and inside the numbers. The font is kinda lame, but at least it's heavier than the Ducks version.
My biggest gripe is no Hawks logo on the Jersey. Woulda been nice to cap the shoulders with the hawk rather than another swoosh... But still, far, far from fail.

Of course, it's all just opinion...
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-04-2012, 7:37 PM Reply   
Hell I'm not a die hard but I'd still talk all the trash I wanted until the hawks could claim super bowl victories in the past thirty years or ever. And with the niners getting back to form I doubt your love of losing in the playoffs will even get that far in the years to come. Sadly the cowboys losing to Seattle this year will only cause Jerry to waste another early draft pick on trading for a burned out WR or 50 year old linebacker. End rant haha
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-05-2012, 1:19 PM Reply   
I know, I know. Hawks have never won a Superbowl, I did hear my Grandpa talking about when the Cowboys and the 49ers had both won Superbowls but even he said that was a long time ago.
J/K, if I was a fan of a team that hadn't done anything in the last 20 years, I'd make the same arguement "well at least we have a Superbowl ring"
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-05-2012, 1:24 PM Reply   
My college team has never won jack sh*t and I hear the same argument every year by other teams fans. So I know how it feels
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-05-2012, 4:17 PM Reply   
^^^haha^^^ yeah, it's not fun. Effing Steelers in 2005!!!
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-05-2012, 7:04 PM Reply   
I wasn't thrilled with the move with Moss. But Manningham and Brandon Jacobs together with Crabtree, Vernon Davis and Frank Gore is quite an offense. I am Alex Smith believer - always have been - not sure Payton has the mileage in the tank for an entire season. Our D is stout. I like our chances.

I am actually a hard core Seahawks fan (lived there for 30 years) but it has been fun riding the 49ers out of the ditch. I wasn't here for the 49ers glory days. Either way I can't wait for football to return.
Old    sperbet            04-06-2012, 10:03 AM Reply   
Huh? How the hell can someone be a "hard core Seahawks fan" and also be a 9ers fan? Your football fan card has been officially revoked...
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-06-2012, 10:53 AM Reply   
Season Ticket Holder for 15 years? That is pretty hard core especially when they rarely won a game. Our rivals back then were Oakland and Denver not SF. Moved to California - missed their success that led to a Super Bowl appearance - and wanted to adopt a local team. Hardly card revoking behavior.
Old    sperbet            04-06-2012, 11:33 AM Reply   
Just giving you a hard time. It sounds like you are no longer a Hawks fan, but as a pretty die-hard 9ers fan I had to give you a hard time. I hate hearing people say they are fans of two teams in the same division. Chicks usually do stuff like that, not 'hard core' fans.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-06-2012, 12:29 PM Reply   
I totally get it. I am little sensitive because my CA friends think I am a Seahawks fan and my WA friends think I am a 9ers fan. I think I am stuck somewhere in between.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-06-2012, 12:56 PM Reply   
I miss the AFC West. I still root against the Broncos, Raiders, and KC, in that order.

Playing against the Rams and Cards does nothing for me. I think with the way the Hawks and 49ers are building their teams and how much Harbaugh and Carroll don't like each other, this will be the best rivalry in the NFC West.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-06-2012, 3:13 PM Reply   
^^^^^^ this is going to be fun!
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-06-2012, 5:44 PM Reply   
For sure! The last game in Seattle was really fun to watch. Lynch getting over 100 yards, but in a close loss. I would say the match up of Lynch vs. Willis is the best in football right now!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-07-2012, 8:08 PM Reply   
This is going to be Patrick Willis this season.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w8M3lzsW9g

I agree though, could be a great battle in the NFC west this year between the Hawks and Niners. 2 old school style teams(tough run stuffing D's and smash mouth, conservative offenses that rely on the run setting up the pass). My hope is that Flynn can come in and have a middle of the road season or better. Holy hell I am watching the mariner game and they showed a highlight of JAmie Moyer pitching. That guy is like a 100. I am looking for Flynn to throw for around 3800 yards, have 20-25 TD's and 10-15 picks. If he does that Seattle goes 10-6. Watch for the defense to get better as well. They are going to draft a couple young speedster LBers to play WILL and MIKE and their defense will be top 5 or 10. Niners D is obviously going to be elite but I expect Seattle to have the better offense of the 2 teams.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-07-2012, 8:47 PM Reply   
Beast mode.....damn.
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-08-2012, 6:54 AM Reply   
My cousin is a Seahawks fan and I grew loving the 9ers both of us living in cowboys households so needless to say we pissed our dads off a lot haha. I'm not a hardcore fan of any team and really have enjoyed watching the 9ers lately. I am always waiting for Crabtree to break out but seems like he still needs to stay healthy.
Old    sperbet            04-08-2012, 11:18 AM Reply   
Sorry, but PWilly owns thumper backs like Lynch. He's a bigger, faster thumper than any RB in the NFL. And Lynch's 100 yd game last year, guess who was missing from the 9ers D?

Keep on drinking that Kool-Aid though
Attached Images

Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-08-2012, 9:08 PM Reply   
I've been enjoying the Kool-Aid ever since the Hawks have come back to the NFC West. 5 NFC West titles and a Superbowl showing in 2005.

But your 49ers have really been on a hot streak since we came back. What two playoff wins, right?
Old    sperbet            04-09-2012, 10:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlamont View Post
I've been enjoying the Kool-Aid ever since the Hawks have come back to the NFC West. 5 NFC West titles and a Superbowl showing in 2005.

But your 49ers have really been on a hot streak since we came back. What two playoff wins, right?
That's cool and all, but I didn't know the goal of NFL teams is to win division championships and lose in Superbowls

I'll take the 5 Lombardi's and the most recent division championship. You can live in the glorious past of your 2005-2010 run, which was the most successful run in your franchise's history and is now over. Also pretty funny to hear someone dog on fans of teams that brag about past Championships and then see that same person start bragging about past division titles and a Superbowl loss 5 posts later. Past is past, whether that be 7 years or 20, but go ahead and do whatever makes you feel better about your team.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-10-2012, 11:53 AM Reply   
Cant wait for this season to start up. Gotta feeling the smack talking thread wil be rich with entertsing smackage!
Old    sperbet            04-11-2012, 8:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
Cant wait for this season to start up. Gotta feeling the smack talking thread wil be rich with entertsing smackage!
For sure Cliff. I missed that thread and figured I'd get an early start!
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-11-2012, 2:17 PM Reply   
Scott,
I'll be the first to admit that I would use the "we have 5 SBs" defense but if you are comparing 49ers vs. Hawks, I'm sorry we have beat you more than you have beat us. We may not beat too many teams consistently but we are 13-11 against the 49ers and last year was a total fluke.
So enjoy last year's victories but the Hawks are ready to take back the NFC Worst...I mean West.

BTW Willis is a beast and the next Ray Lewis.