Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 02, 2007

Old     (blind)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-08-2007, 8:22 PM Reply   
yep, thats kylie for ya
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-08-2007, 10:04 PM Reply   
sent one more full payment. hope you got it.
Old     (erik_a)      Join Date: May 2007       05-09-2007, 6:47 PM Reply   
Hey, this is Erik, Melissa's other half. She just got off the phone with Kraig. We're in for 2.

Look forward to meeting y'all.
Old     (mellymel)      Join Date: May 2006       05-09-2007, 7:04 PM Reply   
Just paid for 2. You all will see that the perfect boyfriend is not imaginary after all! I'm hoping he can borrow someone's gear though... Woo Hoo!
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-09-2007, 8:40 PM Reply   
Kraig spent the day "dialing for dollars" just sent ya some cash.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-09-2007, 9:24 PM Reply   
melissa - i'm thinking he should borrow your gear ... he can totally pull off that diva! now you just need to shop for him so he has boardshorts to match it! j/k - can't wait til saturday to say hi!
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-10-2007, 8:05 AM Reply   
Hey Everyone!! I have been too slammed lately to get on here! Glad to hear Kylie is keeping you all entertained! Just wait till the Meet & Greet!

I've gotten all your paymets! Thank You to everyone who has paid!! I will be sending out confirmations tonight. Keep spreading the word, we still need more people to attend!!!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-10-2007, 8:15 AM Reply   
If we were to just show up, can we pay at the event? I still haven't figured out if I can make it or not on Saturday....
Old     (o2binvallarta)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-10-2007, 9:42 AM Reply   
In speaking with Kraig the other day, the short answer is Yes, you can pay at the event. Although, I know he'd prefer to have the funds done through Paypal for tracking reasons.
Old     (o2binvallarta)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-10-2007, 1:33 PM Reply   
WTF...?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-10-2007, 1:42 PM Reply   
Talkin bout the spam bot that rolled through?
Old     (o2binvallarta)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-10-2007, 2:26 PM Reply   
Yep, that was a little bizarre.
Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-10-2007, 9:25 PM Reply   
Hi all, it looks like I payed for two non-riders for two of my friends, both of who bailed out on going this weekend. If anyone is interested in one or both "tickets", you could just give me $20 for one or $40 for both, I don't want to make money from this, just don't want to waste some tickets, ya know? Let me know if you are interested, I'll PM you my contact info. See you all there!
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-11-2007, 5:47 PM Reply   
Tomorrow's the Big Day!!! I've gotten in more ticket sales which is great! (Sorry to hear that a few of your friends bailed Ryan) but I'm sure you'll have a great time with Kylie!

I met with all the sponsors today and here's a list of some of the items in the raffle:

-20 to 30 t-shirts
-9 Can Coozies
-About 21 Gift Certificates in various amounts.
-2 Wakesurfers
-A day on the water on an X-Star
-A day on a private lake on a Malibu
-A CWB Hoodie
-A Cassette Wakeskate
-CWB Sol Board with Bindings
-Method Rope and Handle
-Liquid Force Board with bindings
-Wetsuit

The boats that will be used for pulls:

-Supra 24V
-Malibu 23LSV and a VLX
-Tige RZ2
-And a Mastercraft X-Star that will be showing up late and may not be used for pulls. There may also be a few other boats there for display.

And remember, we'll also have a massage therapist on site giving massages. She has worked on Olympic Atheletes and is very good at what she does! She is charging $1 per minute with a 15 minute minimum.

So come out, get a pull, have a great BBQ, get a massage, enjoy the sunshine, meet others in the wake scene and win some great prizes!!! What else could you ask for??

We'll be there by 10 a.m. with pulls starting at 11 a.m. And if you are planning on riding, show up at 11 a.m. so we can get the riding going.

Thank you to everyone who has helped with this and everyone who is attending, this all couldn't happen without you!!!! Thank you!!

And please, keep spreading the word and let's see how many we can get at the MileHigh Meet & Greet! We'll be taking donations on site for anyone who wants to attend and ride.

Remember, bring a lawn chair and any other refreshments other than the water that we'll have there at the event.

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow! And if anyone has any trouble finding the location, feel free to call me at 720-363-3000
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-11-2007, 6:39 PM Reply   
WHAT! Who's RZ2? Man, see now I have to figure out how to go since I picked my RZ2 up from the shop today and I still haven't gotten to ride behind the damn thing!

Looks nice sitting out in front of my house though...
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-11-2007, 7:01 PM Reply   
aw geez timmy ... just go. i keep getting my purses out, putting them away ... getting them out, putting them away. LOL! i'm stoked for tomorrow!!
Old    skierswharf            05-12-2007, 9:23 PM Reply   
Dang, I just started to look for other riders in Denver and saw this posting...about 6 hours too late. Well, my job moved me out to Denver away from my boat and I would really love to ride this summer. If anyone would be willing to give me a pull I would really appreciate it. Let me know, thanks.

Loren
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-13-2007, 10:30 AM Reply   
GREAT TIME! Rode behind a rz2 and a launch! The rz2 wake was way to big for my sissy azz. Water was ok, weather was ok. Kraig DID A GREAT JOB. THanks man. Thanks to tommys ssw, wws. We won a four hour ride behind an x2! SICK! but more importantly, I got a WAKEWORLD beer cozy. But it is camo, and I cant find my beer now... Oh, and vail crew, matt john, hit me up so you can teach me some inverts behind that star! What up tl the Junction Crew, Fox, and Ryan(heal up man). Last but not least, I took off my wedding band as to not loose it in the lake. It was in a pocket on my backpack. When every one was bailing around 6pm, and my crew and I were on the boat, some one rifled through that pack, jacked my ring and some small b.s. So if anyone saw something, or found a ring on the ground, let me know. I hope I just lost it, but I don't think so. And I know none of you wakeworlders stole it. So now I am with out a ring, and having my wedding ceremony on saturday. THat ought to be fun......
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-13-2007, 10:36 AM Reply   
Great event Kraig! Thanks to everyone who helped put on the event! While I was hoping to win one of those surfboards..I didn't but a hat and t-shirt will do - LOL.

Nice meeting everyone and mad props to the sponsors: WWS (thanks for pulling me Bill!), S&W, Tommy's (new shop is nice!), Rocky Mountain Boat Co and WAKEWORLD! Remember to support your local shops when you need new gear, they have the same prices as the internet (or pretty close)!
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-13-2007, 10:49 AM Reply   
Any one with pics wana p.m them to me so I can post on cry space. Sorry i ment myspace.
Old     (bhileman)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-13-2007, 10:55 AM Reply   
Good job on this event kraig all went well except for that tornado coming through and destroying all the tents. In fact it went so well I think you should organize some competitions this summer as well
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-13-2007, 11:00 AM Reply   
Competitions? That would be awesome! Hopefully Kraig broke even and didn't wind up broke from the event.
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-13-2007, 12:01 PM Reply   
I planned on doing some comps but I wanted to attend a couple first. The turnout really needs to be there to cover the costs. To get riders to show up and give up a day on the water, you need to make it worth it, and everyone want's to watch Outlaw riders compete. If you do $1000 for 1st, $500, for 2nd, and $250 for 3rd in Outlaw; or split the amounts in half to share with Advanced; that's $1750 in prize money alone. Add another $15 per rider for insurance (cause no matter what people say, they will try to sue if they get hurt) and it can add up. Divide those numbers up by the number of riders and you have your entry fee costs (not including boat gas, which a sponsor usually picks up). Get an entry fee over $40-$50 and noone will show; and have more than 40 riders and it's a really long day. (Sometimes we've done it where outlaw can ride the next day, but that is hit and miss.)

I pulled the series of 5 events I was going to do this summer until I can see what the turnout's will be. We'll do them next summer if people show up to the other planned one's by Sidewayz and Tommy's (which also includes other non-wakeboarding events). I talked to Jake at Sidewayz back in January about comps and it scared me off a little.

We will do one in August to see what the attendance is and if we lose our shorts or not. Based on that, we can plan for next year; and also get some pros to show up and do demos.

Big props to Kraig for putting the Mile High Meet an Greet together and trying to light the wakeboarding fire here in Colorado. Having put together 75-100 events, they take a lot of effort and coordination. GREAT JOB!!!! With the right planning, this can grow each year!

And Kylie, you should be nice and give away your lesson. You know you can ride w/ me anytime anyway!!
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-13-2007, 12:27 PM Reply   
Steve - Just saw this. I had already spoken with my friend Theresa this a.m. - her friend Danielle was there yesterday and wants to learn to ride, so I had already told Theresa to contact Danielle and let her know that she can have the lesson.
Old     (bhileman)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-13-2007, 12:56 PM Reply   
hey steve you could probably make the cost of the comp. more reasonable by cutting the prize money. The biggest prize I have seen at any comp here in colorado was a wakeboard. You could probably lower the prize money for outlaw spread it out to every division so everyone has incentive to ride. Dont get me wrong $1000 would be kickass to win but I would also be pumped about $100. IMO I think the ppl in colorado go to the competitions for more of the meet and greet value of the event rather than trying to make money from winning. Im pretty sure you could get 40 riders too because from what I remember the comps last year had around a total of 40 riders. I would be more than willing to help coordinate the events with you steve. O and thanks for the pulls and advice, I had an awesome time.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-13-2007, 1:30 PM Reply   
CWA - i can't believe anyone at this event would take your stuff; is it possible your pack spilled in the boat by accident? if someone actually took it, they need to return in. what a sh*t thing to do!
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-13-2007, 5:28 PM Reply   
Brett, point taken. Thing definitely work different here. We're doing one for sure to check out the turnout. I would love to have you involved so we'll talk about that and the team as well offline.

Kylie, we'll be done with Shasta just before Memorial day and we start lessons here that next week. It's already filling up, but we'll always make room for you.
Old     (milehighrider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-13-2007, 5:40 PM Reply   
kylie it think that his bag was on the shore not on the boat if i'm not mistaken. chris if your bag was on the boat pm me.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-13-2007, 10:38 PM Reply   
I did not move the pack after the last time I checked for the ring. About four thirty. I think that the pack was just on the way to the rest room, and some one at the public park, checked it. Too bad for them, it was a cheap ring, but important none the less. My fault. should have left it on and lost it in the lake...
Old     (mjones)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-14-2007, 8:18 AM Reply   
Good Times to all!
I appreciate all the work that went in to the event. Sponsors, Kraig, Mike u guys rock!
And appreciate all the pulls. My neck and back are going to take a little while to recover from all the punishing falls. But that is to be expected.
Well it is still muddy up here in the mtns so anyone going out on the weekends hit me up as i am always looking for a pull.
Thanks again,
Matt Jones
704-564-7744
Lets get a powell trip planned? Or possibly one of those warm lakes in NM.
I got about 4-5 guarantee with me.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-14-2007, 9:27 AM Reply   
Oh yeah, ColoradoWakeAlliance, be careful with this line:
"GREAT TIME! Rode behind a rz2 and a launch! The rz2 wake was way to big for my sissy azz."

That statement will get you killed on this forum!
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-14-2007, 6:17 PM Reply   
Hey Everyone! Thank you for all the props you all are giving me!! Thank you thank you thank you!!! It couldn't have happened without all of you! My planning committee helped alot in the planning and at helping during the event. Thank you Oakman, you did a great job taking care of one of the boats. Thank you Dave, you did a great job with the flyers and getting a sponsor as well as helping with the set up of the event. And then there's Kylie.......You really took one for the team by having people stay with you. That and you helped alot by manning the registration table!

Then there's the sponsors: Let me start by thanking Tommy and Tommy's Slalom Shop. You guys came out and really represented. You guys did a great job taking care of people. You stepped up and brought out two boats for pulls. Thank you for everything you did!
Bill with Wakeboard and Waterski Specialty, thank you for coming out and busting your but getting people behind the new RZ2.
Bill with Rocky Mtn. Boat Company, thank you for all your support from the very beginning! You've been there for me during all of this and I will never forget that!
Leif and Ned with S & W Performance, thank you for coming out and supporting the event with donations for the giveaway. I know alot of people wanted to ride behind that X-Star you brought out.
And I can't forget about David Williams with Wakeworld! It all started right here on WW!
I can't say thank you enough to our sponsors!!

And lastly, I would like to say thank you to everyone who attended the meet & greet! Without you this event couldn't happen. This event is all about the wakeboarders and the sport. Together we all will continue to grow this event and the sport. I am going to start working on it at the end of the summer for next year. So please, mark your calenders now!

Glad to hear everyone had a great time, the BBQ was incredible! I am always looking for good and negative feedback on the event, so if you do have some feedback please drop me an email. Again, this event if for all of you so please share your ideas with me so I can continue to create an event you all want and have helped to create. I couldn't do all of this without your help and my planning committee's help!

(Message edited by Kraig on May 14, 2007)

(Message edited by Kraig on May 14, 2007)
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-15-2007, 10:12 AM Reply   
Who had the spot tique? I liked that thing. I want to give you gas money. And I get to ride behind that xstar later for my prize. Raffels rule.
Old     (denwakebdr)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-15-2007, 10:32 AM Reply   
Kraig, Wow, sounds like everone had a great time. I am very bummed i had to work. Next year fo sho!
Old     (milehighrider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-15-2007, 8:42 PM Reply   
paul you missed out on a good one. lets hope you make it next year. it was really good to see everyone and meet some new ones. thanks again kraig for taking on this event and making it happen. it would be nice in my opinion to see another event of some kind in the middle to later summer (justa thought).
Old     (xcharrier)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-15-2007, 8:52 PM Reply   
I agree with that Mike... that sounds like fun. And thanks for the pull on Saturday.

For everyone else... I plan on posting some photos soon. I'll make a post here when I have them online. It was nice to meet everyone.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-16-2007, 5:02 AM Reply   
i agree - nice to meet everybody. kraig, awesome job! maybe we could do a mid-summer get together w/camping at horsetooth or pueblo. p.s. matt will need to show again, cuz i missed the raley!

(Message edited by kylielogan on May 16, 2007)
Old     (xcharrier)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-16-2007, 6:43 AM Reply   
For those interested I've posted all the photos I took at the event on my website. I posted just about everything I took for the exception of some of the riding photos... so if there are riding photos of you, I probably have more. If you want to see them just let me know.

http://www.lansfordphotography.com/temp/mhmg.htm
Old     (mjones)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-16-2007, 6:56 AM Reply   
Russel - Nice pics!

Lets Bring on the camping/wakeboarding get together.
I am always down for the cause
Old     (o2binvallarta)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-16-2007, 8:00 AM Reply   
Russell, great pics! Thanks for posting!
Old     (xcharrier)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-16-2007, 8:50 AM Reply   
Not a problem.

Bill, I have a few more riding photos of you and your daughter if you wanted to see those as well.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-16-2007, 9:03 AM Reply   
I saw two raleys. well three if you count the one two inches off the water that ended in a big splash.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-16-2007, 1:18 PM Reply   
i saw zero raleys. wtf matt? lol!
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-16-2007, 1:33 PM Reply   
oh my GOD i look fat in those pics! that's it ... i am running every frickin' night! yikes!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-16-2007, 4:52 PM Reply   
Cool pics! Thanks for posting them!
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-16-2007, 5:05 PM Reply   
Awesome pics Russell! Hey, I'm looking for someone to do a write up about the event for WW. Who at the event is a writer?
Old     (mjones)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-16-2007, 5:53 PM Reply   
epic1 - my neck still hurts from that two inch fall.

Kylie - Sorry, i think i crashed way more then i landed. but here is pic from Mike's beast of a boat, until next time.

Upload
Old     (wake1012)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-16-2007, 6:24 PM Reply   
The event was awesome! My friends and I had a great time. You did a great job with everything. I can’t wait to go next year again. The boats were sweet and the food was really good. Thanks again and great job.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-16-2007, 7:53 PM Reply   
thanks matt!