Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-21-2007, 10:39 AM Reply   
So today I was at lake Norman, first time with my boat. And I was going about 30 and saw a SHOLE sign and I turned about 200 yards from it and the boat came to a stop..... And I realized I'm not floating anymore. Luckly A very nice dad and his two son saw the whole thing and came out to help pull me off the SHOLE with their jet ski. So the prop is messed up and the shaft looks like its off to the left but I did manage to drive the boat back to the dock.

MY ? is can I report this on my insurance or will it just be out of pocket. What would you do thanks
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-21-2007, 11:50 AM Reply   
it wont hurt to reprt it to insurance. imo, i wouldnt because that means premiums are gonna go up. pay out of pocket if you can. also hows gel coat damage, if thats exstensive then maybe insurance is the better route. as the the shaft and the strut, thats what hold the shaft in place. there is a very tiny gap around the shaft and it has to be lined up perfect. have it checked from shop first it might not be bent. depending on the boat, the shaft is offset to one side and to an untrained eye it looks bent. good luck
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-21-2007, 12:26 PM Reply   
Guess it depends on your coverage and the extent of the damage. If its just a prop and alignment I would pay out of pocket. If it requires fiberglass/gelcoat repair you may want to consider contacting insurance.

Where on LKN were you?
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-21-2007, 2:47 PM Reply   
yep, trying to get to the sand bar
Old     (peterc4)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-21-2007, 5:01 PM Reply   
Why wouldn't you report it to insurance? Unless the damage is just a few hundred dollars. It's why you have insurance. BTW, making a claim doesn't mean your premiums go up unless you're using some POS insurance company. Good luck with the repairs.
Old     (brooke_m)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-22-2007, 7:51 AM Reply   
I agree... I think that since you have insurance you should go ahead and turn it in! There's no need to pay for it out of pocket, because that really is the reason that you have insurance!