Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-12-2006, 6:53 AM Reply   
if u want to save some money just buy one of these and put some xstar stickers on it...cuase its looks JUST like one...gotta love copy cats...
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-12-2006, 6:58 AM Reply   
Okay, there are like 4 posts on the same subject...we need to consolidate
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-12-2006, 7:05 AM Reply   
sorry i looked for one and did not see one... sorry!!!
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-12-2006, 7:06 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/galleries/gallery.asp?galleryid=367
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-12-2006, 7:11 AM Reply   
mjw...if you are going to make retarded posts like this, you might as well just save it. I would normally try to explain why this is retarded, but I think everyone can already see that.

By that way, a pickle nose does not make this anywhere close to the design of an x-star. Its just a pickle nose. Get over it. In that same vein, the X-star might as well call itself "my 1960 tri-hull I/O", because it's the exact same thing.
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-12-2006, 7:51 AM Reply   
its not just the hull its the tower and a lot more,

this is not a retarded post...its a discussion so i posted it...if you don't want to discuss this, then leave...
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-12-2006, 10:07 AM Reply   
a discussion? your initial post to start the thread was nothing but rippin' on the boat.

so, you can call all boats w/ towers copycats since nautique put a tower on their boat first.

lame.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-12-2006, 10:08 AM Reply   
isn't it ironic how he called tige copycats? check out mjw's site on the left....COPYCATS!

http://mjw-sales.com/

(Message edited by dakid on July 12, 2006)
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-12-2006, 10:10 AM Reply   
I do have to agree though. When I first saw the boat all I could think was X2. It almost looks like a carbon copy. Even the tower looks very similar.

That said, I think it looks sick. I totally dig the dash, but none of that really matters until we get a review of the WAKE!!!!.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-12-2006, 10:11 AM Reply   
"lolz, they h4ve like teh s4me exact boat put some stickerz on lolz"

Sounds like a great discussion.

If you want to bring substantial, intelligent question or point to the thread, be my guest, we can have a dicussion then.

Oh, and I think I will stay. Thanks for the dismissal though.
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-12-2006, 1:01 PM Reply   
thanks for the post for my website :-)
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-12-2006, 1:24 PM Reply   
Yeah, this is some great press you're getting.
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-12-2006, 1:40 PM Reply   
its pays for my mastercraft...
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       07-12-2006, 2:06 PM Reply   
That is great Joe. Upon looking at his ebay store. Why would you bash a copy of a boat. You sell fake ipods, and 99cent jewlery. Sounds to me like you should definetly get a fake xstar to me.
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-12-2006, 2:10 PM Reply   
I wonder what the wake is like too. I must say that as soon as I saw the pics, I knew there would be those saying it's an MC rip off and those defending that it's not. Even though it has been done before on other boats, it still appears to follow MC's lead. Good or bad, it's up to you. I don't like the pickle for any boat, but then again, I pee on my boat's back platform. Have a good riding week sillies.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-12-2006, 2:39 PM Reply   
Honestly what is the problem with progression? Yeah Mastercraft came with the first pickle fork wake boat. It's a damn good idea, creates tons of space and many think it looks tight. Isn't that what this whole industry is about? Like Joe said, Nautique built towers first, Hyperlite built the first compression molded board, Wake Tech built the first twin tip board, Barefoot International made the first Fat Sac (hence the common name now used), O'neill made the first molded vest, Bad Ass used the first molded fin (& EVA boot) and the list goes on & on & ...you get the idea. The common theme here is that they were all damn good ideas and they bettered the industry and products we use. Other companies see what works and say "damn that was a good idea, count me in" sometimes you create it, sometimes you recognize others hard work and honor them by incorporating their efforts into your creation. Why is it that the only people that will flame on this are Mastercraft owners? Is it really that much of a threat to your "I'm cool and have a picklefork and you don't" mentality? If so might I offer you Skurfer to ride your unweighted boat. Get over yourself, NO ONE CARES!!!
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-12-2006, 2:50 PM Reply   
Wow Heavy, well said and I completely agree. Progression is the key to long term success in anything, so whether you are the innovator or the follower, if you are moving forward and making a better or advanced product, more power to you. Well Said.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-12-2006, 3:53 PM Reply   
Well said heavy.....MC owner should be proud not flame on the so called copy.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       07-12-2006, 5:28 PM Reply   
Hey guess what guys I saw the new 2007 MB Sport boat and it is a pickle fork as well. The tower is like the old Illusion tower with the two bars coming up toward the bow then half way up it faces back like the traditional tower. Looks kinda cool. The wake was pretty good size and the boat sits pretty tall in the water. Very little bow dip like what I have seen from the X-Star.
Old    roadking            07-12-2006, 6:24 PM Reply   
Neptune made the first twin tip (six), straightline made the first moulded vest. But.....this tigger is almost an exact copy of the X-Star. All it does is make MC stronger. It has the same tower, at least last years tower, wait till you see 2007 towers.

Give me a break, Tige did very little on thier own, just copied MC. Same length, width, seating, tower. Research and Duplicate is what Tige is all about. Tige first ski boat was a old Centurion hull. They have no imagination.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-12-2006, 6:30 PM Reply   
don't get a tige. then get over it. now you're happier.

(Message edited by dakid on July 12, 2006)
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-12-2006, 6:43 PM Reply   
Well put Big Ed, if somebody copies you that is a compilment in its truest form.
Old     (zacky)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-12-2006, 6:59 PM Reply   
Actually, if you believe they copied MC, then what Tige did was genius. How many millions of dollars did MC pump into the development/marketing of the 2003 X-Star?

All Tige had to do was spend a small fraction of that amount to get some ideas and elaborate on them, and BAM!!! You have a product, from initial response, that appears as though it is going to sell very well at a fraction of the development cost.

Like I said, from a business standpoint, very, very smart...

(Message edited by zacky on July 12, 2006)
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-12-2006, 8:12 PM Reply   
Not to mention that since the x-star has been so popular. Almost every boat company will be adding a picklefork version in the near future. It was just a matter of time before people started copying. It is all about marketing. In "dumb and dumber", they sell a dead parrot to a blind kid....marketing.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       07-12-2006, 8:29 PM Reply   
okay...Leo that was kinda odd.
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-12-2006, 8:40 PM Reply   
I think the new Tige is a good looking boat regardless how good the wake is they will sell all they want because it looks good .I will go out on a limb here and bet they cant make them fast enough , Very good move on Tiges part a medium price point boat that doesnt look gay .
Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-12-2006, 8:50 PM Reply   
I'm hoping it's the same running surface as the Ve... and fits in my garage.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-13-2006, 8:36 AM Reply   
Really funny thing is... This boat will be probably 10-15G's less than the X2. Plus it looks better IMO.
Maybe MC will learn and begin to either A. have a better finished product for the massive amount of $ they charge, or B. Charge what the boats are worth.
Old     (rkg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-13-2006, 8:40 AM Reply   
I am confused. Perhaps Tige copied the pickle fork front, but the width, length, seats and tower are all carry overs from their current line up. How is that copying?

If they put that hideous pod gauge setup on the dash, then we know for sure that they covet Mastercraft.
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-13-2006, 8:43 AM Reply   
Paraquite Petey and Billy in 4C. How long were you waiting to pull that out? I love it.
Old     (scottyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-13-2006, 8:44 AM Reply   
Maybe the thing will even have a good stock wake.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-13-2006, 9:04 AM Reply   
I think this is establishment of a new trend, not copying...

Perhards most manufacturers will integrate the pickle fork design into one or more models.