Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    evan_park            10-25-2003, 11:52 AM Reply   
ok i want too boards and im demoin them soon but which board go u like the most the era/old premier or the TFD? and i dont care if there were old posts on this
Old    leftcoastpunk            10-25-2003, 1:55 PM Reply   
I just got an 04 tfd and i love it, the pop is very consistant, as compared in my opinion to very inconsistant pop on the older premiers. It spins great, i feel more comfortable on it each time I go out. I would definatley demo them, but in my opinion I think you will like the new tfd better.
Old    maverick_gear            10-25-2003, 3:52 PM Reply   
i like the ERA or the Ricky 138, but if you can get a deal on a new premier that is the way to go.....
Old     (garyw)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-27-2003, 7:42 AM Reply   
Evan, if you dont go with the era, go with the tfd. As Michael said more consistant pop, but what he didnt say, was softer landings
Old     (tdeneka)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-27-2003, 10:02 AM Reply   
I have not ridden a lot of boards (02 DU Collin Wright 142, 02 LF Balance 140, + a couple crappy boards), but I love my TFD!!! Nice soft landings, even for a big guy in the flats.
Old    hyperlytemaiden            10-27-2003, 12:13 PM Reply   
Another thing to think about would be the new premier board for 2004 The shape makes the board have a much looser ride while still giving you the same great premier pop and edge hold. The TFD i have heard many raving about in and out of the wake. They love the quick but consistent reaction that the board gives and the 2004 Graphic are out of this world as well. I hope that I helped you out a bit
Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-27-2003, 1:07 PM Reply   
I just bought an 03 TFD 142 three weeks ago. BEST BOARD EVER! It's all personal preference, but personally, I wouldn't trade this board for anything (except a DNA TFD 142).

It actually changed my riding style a little bit, even though my previous board was a Drifter 136 DNA, the predecessor to the TFD. It automatically started making me go bigger, because it turns in so fast. Most boards will start to slide if I start a very rapid/abrupt cut (especially the Parks), the TFD just carves like a ski. Don't mistake the carving for stickiness though. It still slides just fine on the water when you want it to.

The pop is extremely consistent, and the soft landings let me go bigger than I ever have before.

Buy this board!