Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old    sandman            06-17-2003, 11:25 AM Reply   
I bought a Straightline-Launch Pad 1000GPH pump last season. Probably used it between 10-15 times. Tried it for the first time this season and noticed it was only pumping about 250GPH or so. It was fully submerged and not sucking any air into the line. I definately will not buy another one of their pumps. Any other recommendations?
Old     (noneya)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-17-2003, 1:16 PM Reply   
I've used my straightline alot more than that w/ no probs, have you opened it up and made sure its not clogged? I would also contact straightline or whoever you bought it from, I've gotten great response directly from straightline.
Old    troutbay            06-17-2003, 2:23 PM Reply   
Open the pump and look at the plastic impeller. If the vanes are chipped it will reduce the flow rate. New plastic impellers cost about 5 cents. (CDN).

If you have trouble finding them email me, I have about a dozen of the impellers for the straightline pumps.
Old    sandman            06-17-2003, 3:28 PM Reply   
First thing I did was open it up. Impeller looked fine and no debris. The motor just doesn't sound right when turning. I will take it back to where I bought it to see what they have to say. Now if I can only find my reciept.
Old    river_rider            06-17-2003, 7:25 PM Reply   
Kind of off the subject, but some usefull info for people with pump probs. I noticed my plug started rusting and I would have to wiggle the crap out of it in the socket to get it to work. I opened it up and realized thier is a fuse on the inside. Changed the fuse and its good as new. Now if I can get it to stop leaking.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-17-2003, 11:05 PM Reply   
Bryce: You know a Debbie Olson or Cheryl Chedester that works at Intel?