Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (travisz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-07-2012, 11:47 AM Reply   
So I have tried all the boat cleaners and vinyl cleaners on the market... I was totally happy with Boat Bling... then I met the guys over at Boat Candy... their boat cleaner blows away any product I have ever used... I would highly recommend giving them a try... My boat looks show room clean right when I am done whipping it down, and my seats looks the same. Check them out. Performanceboatcandy.com

Happy boating!
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       07-07-2012, 12:37 PM Reply   
Linky no worky.
Old     (travisz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-07-2012, 12:38 PM Reply   
Check it when you get to a comp please, I just copied the link and it worked perfect.

Thank you!
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-07-2012, 1:29 PM Reply   
Sweet, if these tires ever get changed, and I make it over there, you can demo on my boat
Old     (vkkovach)      Join Date: May 2012       07-07-2012, 4:58 PM Reply   
I have to agree. My boat is black so having a good cleaner/wax is very important! I used boat wax plus until they went under a couple years ago.then I was on the search I tried everything! I recieved a sample of boat candy and never tried it because I figured at that point they were all the same. This year at the boat show I met the owner of boat candy and after about a 15 min conversation I realized he really knows his stuff! And very willing to help. I bought one of everything they make and wish I would have found it sooner! I even use the stuff on my cars as a wax and quick detailer.
Old     (saskrider)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-08-2012, 5:16 PM Reply   
I am running out of cleaner for my boat and was going to try Boat Bling, but after reading this and checking them out I ordered the 3 pack of vinyl cleaner and conditioner and the quick clean/wax. I am hoping that it works as well as it shows on the videos.
Old     (travisz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-09-2012, 5:56 PM Reply   
Sask, please post your results, Im sure we all would love to hear what you think.
Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-09-2012, 7:59 PM Reply   
My brother's one of those hot boat guys and he used boat candy on his Advantage at the beginning of this season and absolutely raved about it. Don't know what specific product he used, but he applied it with a power buffer and said his boat, which is about 6 years old, looked brand new again. Hot boat guys are really particular about their boats - even more so than wakeboarders, if that's possible - so for him to be so pumped about it means something.
Old     (riding23)      Join Date: May 2009       07-10-2012, 8:33 AM Reply   
Would love to see how their Vinyl cleaner compares to Boat Bling's Vinyl sauce????
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-10-2012, 9:27 AM Reply   
Is this the stuff?
http://www.performanceboatcandy.com/
Old     (travisz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-10-2012, 10:29 AM Reply   
Timmy,
That is the website yes!

Zach... the vinyl cleaner works just as good if not better then Vinyl sauce... It also conditions the vinyl really well to were the water just beads up on my back hatches now, its so nice!

Eric, They do make polishing compounds which are amazing, but for day to day use.. all you really need is their Speed gloss. I have yet to wax my boat this season and it looks show room clean.

And no I dont work for Boat Candy, I own a board shop that carries it but thats about it.
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-10-2012, 12:22 PM Reply   
Would you say that the Speed Gloss gets out chalky or slightly stained areas of the gelcoat? Vinegar and water works pretty great on the water spots (and it's cheap), but I'm gonna have to do some buffing soon I'm afraid. Do you think the Speed Gloss would likely take care of this?
Old     (PBC)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-31-2012, 10:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by drnate View Post
Would you say that the Speed Gloss gets out chalky or slightly stained areas of the gelcoat? Vinegar and water works pretty great on the water spots (and it's cheap), but I'm gonna have to do some buffing soon I'm afraid. Do you think the Speed Gloss would likely take care of this?
As Travis stated in his comment, we have products that remove oxidation (from most aggressive to least aggressive): Crystal Cut Extreme Compound, Crystal Cut Compound, and Crystal Cut Polish

Attached are some pics of the compounds in action just to give you an idea of how well they work.

Tim
Performance Boat Candy
Attached Images

Old     (travisz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-10-2012, 12:26 PM Reply   
NL Speed gloss wont, that is just for waters spot removal and quick detail after a day on the water. BUT their Crystal Cut, and Crystal glass will get that out in a heart beat.
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-10-2012, 1:21 PM Reply   
thanks Travis
Old     (Giddyup)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-23-2012, 5:00 PM Reply   
Any results. Has anyone had a chance to try it
Old     (travisz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-23-2012, 5:08 PM Reply   
I love this stuff!
Old     (saskrider)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-23-2012, 7:34 PM Reply   
I got it last week and used it right away. The boat was kinda dirty from travelling but I just lightly misted the Speed Gloss on and wiped it off and it was amazing. The boat looked like I just power polished it. I am impressed, and the old lady likes the smell of it. I also used the Vinyl Cleaner and Conditioner. The cleaner worked fairly well and I loved how it wasn't greasy at all either. The conditioner also was non greasy and made the vinyl look replenished, and also smells wonderful. All in all I am impressed. Now I hope that they get some distributors in Canada so I don't have to pay so much for shipping!
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-23-2012, 8:37 PM Reply   
Got some in the mail. I'm not feeling it yet, but haven't given up. I just buffed, polished and hand waxed my boat. Sprayed some speed gloss and it's tough to remove and streaky. My hope is that it will work better pulling the boat out of the water. This stuff works better off of the water:

http://www.meguiars.com/en/marine/pr...detailertrade/

I will give Boat Candy another shot, just hope when I get home I won't have to finish with Hot Sauce or the product above.....
Old     (PBC)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-31-2012, 10:42 AM Reply   
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the great comments about our products. If anyone has any questions feel free to email me directly at: sales@performanceboatcandy.com

Tim
Performance Boat Candy
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-31-2012, 10:51 AM Reply   
Tim, how about a wakeworld coupon code for a discount?
Old     (PBC)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-31-2012, 10:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel View Post
Got some in the mail. I'm not feeling it yet, but haven't given up. I just buffed, polished and hand waxed my boat. Sprayed some speed gloss and it's tough to remove and streaky. My hope is that it will work better pulling the boat out of the water. This stuff works better off of the water:

http://www.meguiars.com/en/marine/pr...detailertrade/

I will give Boat Candy another shot, just hope when I get home I won't have to finish with Hot Sauce or the product above.....
Hi Lionel,

My suggestion is to use less of the product and always use a dry towel...once the towel becomes saturated or wet, you have too much product on the surface. Because we use Brazilian Carnauba in our Speed Gloss, too much product will tend to build up on the surface. Give it another shot with a dry towel and use less product. Remember that a little goes a long way.

Tim
Performance Boat Candy
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-31-2012, 11:27 AM Reply   
Is this oxidation and what did you use to clean it up with? My transom is bad not HORRIBLE but was gonna wet sand to get rid of the oxidation. Are you saying you have a product that I wont have to wet sand and the oxidation wont be back in a year. I know I can buff a boat but if the oxidation is not gone it will just come back. Very interested in not having to wet sand, buff then wax.
Attached Images

Old     (PBC)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-31-2012, 3:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampawake View Post
Is this oxidation and what did you use to clean it up with? My transom is bad not HORRIBLE but was gonna wet sand to get rid of the oxidation. Are you saying you have a product that I wont have to wet sand and the oxidation wont be back in a year. I know I can buff a boat but if the oxidation is not gone it will just come back. Very interested in not having to wet sand, buff then wax.
Hi TW,

Yes, this pic is from an original 1978 Bahner jet boat with the original gelcoat. We used our Crystal Cut Extreme Compound followed by our Crystal Cut Polish, then we finished it off with our Crystal Gloss Wax. The tools used were a Hitachi rotary polisher and 10" wool pad.

Our products are designed to remove oxidation in lieu of wet sanding if used with a wool pad and rotary style polisher. These two tools will give you the most cutting action, as opposed to a dual-action polisher with foam pads, which will give you slightly less cutting action, but still very effective.

The reason your oxidation seems to "come back" is due to mainly two reasons: 1) The oxidation you removed wasn't truly gone to begin with. There are a lot of companies that have compounds and polishes that use "fillers" that mask the true effectiveness of the product...we don't use fillers in our products. 2) There isn't a good enough wax on the boat to block the UV light, which leads to gelcoat degradation and ultimately oxidation. So make sure you put a good coat of a high-quality wax on your boat at least twice a year, and follow up with a wax detailer spray after each use on the water and your boat will stay looking brand new.

Send me a pic of the gelcoat on your transom to sales@performanceboatcandy.com and I'll recommend the right products. Also let me know which type of polisher and pads you'll be using.

Below is a general guideline to using a dual-action polisher with our products so you can understand the process we use as well:

1. Thoroughly wash your boat with a mix of Dawn dish soap and water. This will strip the old wax and remove most of the surface contamination.
2. Start with a clean and dry surface free from wax and environmental contaminants
3. I like using a 4" to 5" pad with the Dual-Action polisher because it gives you the right amount of rotation and oscillation and it does a better job of getting into tight spaces around the boat
4. Mist your pad with water (use a light to medium cutting pad to start because you can always get a more aggressive pad to increase the cutting action)
5. Apply 5 to 6 pea-sized drops of polish to a 5” pad (one drop per inch of pad as a guideline)
6. Blot a 2' x 2' area to spread the product over the section (this gives you even coverage over the area and will minimize splatter)
7. Start your DA polisher on the #2 setting, which is usually about 2000-2500 OPM (oscillations per minute) until you spread the product over the area evenly, then increase to the #5 setting which is approx. 5000 OPM
8. Make slow horizontal passes overlapping the previous area 50%, then make slow vertical passes overlapping the previous area 50% using about 3-5 lbs of pressure
9. Use as many passes as you need until the product becomes translucent or until you get the desired finish you are after
10. Stop the polisher and buff the area with a quality microfiber towel to remove any excess polish.
11. Do not allow the product to dry on the finish of your boat
12. Periodically wash the pad with water to remove excess product buildup on the pad surface
13. Once you have completed the compounding or polishing, finish by waxing the entire surface with a paste wax by hand or with a glaze wax (we prefer the glaze wax) using the DA polisher and a wax application foam pad using the same steps used when applying the polish.

I hope this helps answer some of your questions.

Tim
Performance Boat Candy
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-31-2012, 10:38 PM Reply   
Tim, I used less product than you did in your video. Used a dry microfiber towel, too. I haven't had a chance to use it again, but might next week. I will try it again.
Old     (PBC)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-01-2012, 5:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel View Post
Tim, I used less product than you did in your video. Used a dry microfiber towel, too. I haven't had a chance to use it again, but might next week. I will try it again.
Sounds good!

Tim
Performance Boat Candy
Old     (PBC)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-01-2012, 5:04 PM Reply   
Since there's so much positive feedback regarding our products, I thought I'd thank you guys by offering a 10% off coupon code for orders on our website. Just plug the following code in during checkout: wakeworld
Old     (WAKE_UP_TN)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-01-2012, 6:18 AM Reply   
This stuff is awesome! Great Product
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-01-2012, 6:04 PM Reply   
Dang I ordered Again just over a week ago... Lol
Old     (travisz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-03-2012, 6:10 PM Reply   
Good work Tim!!!! the feed back at my shop is incredible! Im stoked that you have broken into the wakboard community... soon enough.. it will grow and grow.....Get ahold of Chattwake and Grant on Wakeworld... they are highly respected on here and have a HUGE following!.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-03-2012, 6:20 PM Reply   
Tim, that looks great! Will it work on RV with fiberglass panel walls?
Old     (l__b)      Join Date: May 2009       08-04-2012, 1:52 AM Reply   
I'm just playing devil's advocate (no offense to boat candy products) and putting my $.02 in so take it for what its worth. Is the $20 worth a small spray bottle each to wipe down the boat and vinyl? I know it depends on the water your boat is in, but I get very tough stains off my boat everytime with a simple mixture from the house. A $1 bottle of toilet bowl cleaner diluted with water/vinegar gets the tough stuff off. A $1 bottle of Totally Awsome diluted with dish soap/water gets the vinyl clean.

I know this doesnt remove oxidation and wax but thats a different project. Not trying to piss anyone off, but $2 goes a long ways vs $40 stuff that does the same thing.
Old     (vkkovach)      Join Date: May 2012       08-04-2012, 8:41 AM Reply   
I see it like this, you spend all day hand waxing your boat then you stand back and admire how good it looks and what a great job you did! Then the next day you take it to the lake and your $1 bottle strips all of your hard work off of the boat. I usually buy the products by the gallon, it's cheaper that way! Then you have 3-4 bottles in the boat for your helpers to use when your cleaning AND protecting that nice coat of wax you worked so hard to apply.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-05-2012, 12:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by l__b View Post
I'm just playing devil's advocate (no offense to boat candy products) and putting my $.02 in so take it for what its worth. Is the $20 worth a small spray bottle each to wipe down the boat and vinyl? I know it depends on the water your boat is in, but I get very tough stains off my boat everytime with a simple mixture from the house. A $1 bottle of toilet bowl cleaner diluted with water/vinegar gets the tough stuff off. A $1 bottle of Totally Awsome diluted with dish soap/water gets the vinyl clean.

I know this doesnt remove oxidation and wax but thats a different project. Not trying to piss anyone off, but $2 goes a long ways vs $40 stuff that does the same thing.
Do you wax after every outing with your toilet bowl cleaner? Sure it strips stains, its acid, it'll also strip wax.

Also, when it comes to temperamental boat vinyl interiors, I dont use anything but mfr recommended products... Don't want to do a new interior every 5 yrs because I wanted to spend 1$ as opposed to 10...
Old     (travisz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-04-2012, 10:21 AM Reply   
WOW Landon, can we see pics of your boat please........that sounds toxic and like it will age your boat faster than using a spray. They purpose of spending the $20.00 is to protect your assest.. as we all know... boats dont hold their value.... so why not spend that couple extra bucks..(lets face it.. if we are out using our boats we have the extra pennies to buy good spray) and remove all the spots and add an additional layer of protection for next time... so you dont have to spend the next few hours waxing your boat.... To each their own for sure, but Ill speak for my self and my boat... I like it looking show room clean the second im done wiping down.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-04-2012, 11:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisz View Post
WOW Landon, can we see pics of your boat please........that sounds toxic and like it will age your boat faster than using a spray. They purpose of spending the $20.00 is to protect your assest.. as we all know... boats dont hold their value.... so why not spend that couple extra bucks..(lets face it.. if we are out using our boats we have the extra pennies to buy good spray) and remove all the spots and add an additional layer of protection for next time... so you dont have to spend the next few hours waxing your boat.... To each their own for sure, but Ill speak for my self and my boat... I like it looking show room clean the second im done wiping down.
Since when is something that doesn't hold value considered an asset? :-)
Old     (smitty1258)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-04-2012, 10:57 AM Reply   
any hot sauce customers try this yet? Ive been a huge boat bling guy for the last 3 years and curious how this boat candy stacks up..
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       08-04-2012, 12:38 PM Reply   
It's an asset, just not a performing one.

Well, it's an asset if you're not foolish enough to get upside down on a loan....
Old     (travisz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-04-2012, 1:23 PM Reply   
I am a previous Boat Bling user for about 2 years... and am so much happier with Boat Candy!
Old     (vkkovach)      Join Date: May 2012       08-04-2012, 2:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisz View Post
I am a previous Boat Bling user for about 2 years... and am so much happier with Boat Candy!
Same here. I've tried everything and won't be going back.
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       08-05-2012, 10:29 AM Reply   
Alright ill bite. Why is this better than boat bling? Boat bing won me over by sending me a bottle of each of there wipe down products. He told me if I didn't like it to give it away at the boat launch. That was three years ago. Now my shelves are full of gallon refills. Boat bling has been awesome. I use it on all my toys. Fast simple and makes my annual detail super easy. Why or what makes boat candy better? Three of you have posted that your converting but not one of you have said why. Is it a case of cool aid where one person drinks so we all should or is it really a better product?
Old     (smitty1258)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-06-2012, 6:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn View Post
Alright ill bite. Why is this better than boat bling? Boat bing won me over by sending me a bottle of each of there wipe down products. He told me if I didn't like it to give it away at the boat launch. That was three years ago. Now my shelves are full of gallon refills. Boat bling has been awesome. I use it on all my toys. Fast simple and makes my annual detail super easy. Why or what makes boat candy better? Three of you have posted that your converting but not one of you have said why. Is it a case of cool aid where one person drinks so we all should or is it really a better product?
Well said, this is more the info I was looking for as well. Boatbling has been the best product Ive used to date and I tried all sorts of stuff, was really looking for a great comparison vs "its just better"
Old     (Brendon444)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-05-2012, 2:23 PM Reply   
Any canadian distributers? Or where can I order some to get sent to canada seems like I have to give it a try!
Old     (Diggertaker)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-06-2012, 6:18 AM Reply   
How does this stuff do for water spots that have baked in all day in the sun? My brother uses this stuff & helped him put it on & it sure has a lot of wax in it. Much more that Hot Sauce. I couldnt judge the water spot removal power though cause he wasnt out on the water that long. Water spot removal is the real question in our lake.
Old     (axeman)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-06-2012, 8:34 AM Reply   
How does this compare to Babe's Boat Bright?
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-06-2012, 9:12 AM Reply   
I changed products because it takes a week of baked on water spots off better than anything I used.. It has a nice polymer wipe on wax in it that I havnt had a streaking issue with like bling, or where it needs wiped on then needs to dry, then wipe off the haze it produces.. I'm not drinking the cool aid which you peeps love to say... I have used car products (turtle wax brand, mothers, miquires, ect..) , marine products and such... I always am looking for the best, easiest, and long lasting detailer.. . Boat candys speed gloss has beaten every product Ive used in these aspects.. Boat bling is nice and was great besides the extra elbow work and hazing if the kids did it to quick... With speed gloss, I havnt had this issue yet.... Someone could come out with a new product tomorrow and I would try it, I have tons of detailers half used on my shelves.. Lol.
There waxes match boat blings already good performance but with no dust and it seems a stronger polymer... Time will tell though..... This is the first season I've used this product...

Now I do think the vinyl cleaner and condition works about as good as most.. I havnt found the ultimate interior detailer that is up to the standards I want.... It doesn't get the OLD grime look alot of customers want out, or deep stains. But niether does the bling... IMO...
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-06-2012, 9:18 AM Reply   
Oh i wax my windshield twice a year.. I even use the speed gloss on the outside of my tinted windshield and had compliments on how well it beads up the water and runs off... It removes the baked water spots from a day on the lake as well...
Old     (travisz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-09-2012, 10:52 AM Reply   
So the reason I switched is much like Trues...
The ease of use is amazing.. with boat bling, it did work well, but I had to really scrub at it. Boat candy, I spray and wipe away. Even after it sitting in an 8 foot deep lake that is churned up and filling with aggricultural run off water.. Boat candy wipes it right off... in fact it so easy my 6 year old helps too. The wax in boat candy makes it so the next time you go back in, its ready to go.. I have yet to wax my boat this summer. Last summer while using boat bling.. I literally would have to clay bar and wax the entire boat after a 4 day vacation.
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-09-2012, 1:38 PM Reply   
Travis - make Trevor get some upholstery stuff to try when he comes in today. I've been using the sauces for awhile. I like the exterior but the vinyl cleaners and conditioners seem to attract dirt afterwards. I'd like to try the candy version of it.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-09-2012, 2:39 PM Reply   
hope it's as good as you guys say, 'cause i just got the notification that it's waiting on my doorstep when i get home.
Old     (travisz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-10-2012, 10:13 AM Reply   
Tommy... let us know what you think
Tom......I got this a day late......story of my life.....
Old     (axeman)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-10-2012, 1:44 PM Reply   
Just ordered some. Let's see if it does better than the Boat Bright I'm used to...
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-14-2012, 2:27 PM Reply   
First time was in a cool garage, product worked much better on my lift in the sun. I think it works a bit better than the Meguiars flagship detailer, easier to get the waterspots off the black.
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-15-2012, 11:52 AM Reply   
Used the speed gloss after sitting in our channel for 2 weeks this weekend... still amazed at how well and easy it takes the baked in water spots off my boat.. It is lime green/Black/white.... Nothing ive used to this day, has been this easy to use and keeps the shine like no other.... THANK YOU Boat Candy.... NOW to find the best vinyl cleaner/protectant that gets the "grime" look out of older boats and the nastyness that occurs between seats of customers who dont really "air" there boats out....... LOL
Old     (PBC)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-30-2012, 9:14 AM Reply   
Due to other forums requesting a group buy, we decided to offer a group buy to the wakeworld forum members for anyone interested.

We'd be happy to offer a 20% discount to anyone interested in our products.

If you'd like to purchase PBC products, simply go to our website at www.performanceboatcandy.com and enter the following coupon code during checkout: wakeworld

We also offer $5 flate rate shipping anywhere in the contiguous US for all orders.

For any apprehensive boaters, we also offer a 100% money-back guarantee on all products because we're confident you'll love the results.

Offer ends September 28th.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to contact us at 866-385-7750.

Best wishes,

Tim Weinzirl
Performance Boat Candy
Old     (GoinBoarin)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-20-2013, 4:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBC View Post
Due to other forums requesting a group buy, we decided to offer a group buy to the wakeworld forum members for anyone interested.

We'd be happy to offer a 20% discount to anyone interested in our products.

If you'd like to purchase PBC products, simply go to our website at www.performanceboatcandy.com and enter the following coupon code during checkout: wakeworld

We also offer $5 flate rate shipping anywhere in the contiguous US for all orders.

For any apprehensive boaters, we also offer a 100% money-back guarantee on all products because we're confident you'll love the results.

Offer ends September 28th.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to contact us at 866-385-7750.

Best wishes,

Tim Weinzirl
Performance Boat Candy
I also noticed it wasn't offering the flat $5 shipping, when I was at check out and about to pay it wanted close to $9 for shipping. Not that it's a big deal to me but for that price I can get some at scheels. Is there another code for that?
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-20-2013, 7:02 AM Reply   
I have some really bad oxidation and I was going to do a full wetsand and polish. I want to give your product a try but what stages do I need. I was thinking Crystal Cut Extreame then CC Polish then Crystal Gloss. What do you think?
Old     (travisz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-30-2012, 10:41 AM Reply   
Well played Tim!!!
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-30-2012, 11:13 AM Reply   
just ordered the quick detailing kit. will see how it does, that is if my new boat on order gets here before i have to winterize it haha
Old     (saskrider)      Join Date: Apr 2009       09-13-2012, 6:36 PM Reply   
Has anyone on here tried the crystal cut polymer wax? Is the polymer better than a carnuba? What the difference? Pros and cons?
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-13-2012, 9:17 PM Reply   
Are you talking about the crystal cut compound? I've used the Crystal Gloss and I think it works very well. Easy on easy off. Shine is incredible!

Performance Boat Candy™ Crystal Gloss™ polymer wax glaze provides a long-lasting deep shine that repels water spots and micro contaminants. This acrylic blend utilizes an anti-static formula offering the highest level of UVA and UVB protection. Crystal Gloss contains advanced gloss enhancers to produce a vibrant, high-clarity result while filling in minor swirl marks and imperfections producing unmatched results
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-08-2012, 1:14 PM Reply   
Totally disappointed as to why boat candy does not work on my light water spots on my nice gel coat. Come on over to my house and try it yourself. BS
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-08-2012, 5:40 PM Reply   
It has worked perfectly on my boat so far..
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-08-2012, 6:13 PM Reply   
Apparently these polishers, detailers and cremes are only to be used as a final last application on only gel coats that have no oxidation and have been very well polished prior to application. This is the type of boat you put in the water and when removing will react effectively to the sauce and gloss application. That is why they sell other products as well.

Last edited by rexlex01; 10-08-2012 at 6:16 PM.
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-05-2013, 5:46 PM Reply   
According to the post above by "Tim W" you can send it back if you aren't happy with it.
Old     (PBC)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-22-2013, 11:07 AM Reply   
Hi All,

I just want to send out a quick note thanking the community for all the overwhelming support you've shown. That said, we've decided to sponsor Wakeworld to help keep this place rockin'! Regardless of whether you're a customer of ours, we all share boating as a common bond and we believe in giving back to the boating industry to help promote and support it as much as possible.

We've also decided to continue with our 20% off product discount offer to the WW community for anyone interested. Enter coupon code "wakeworld" during checkout.

Also, if anyone has any boat care questions, regardless of whether you're a customer, please feel free to contact me directly at the following email: tim@performanceboatcandy.com

Thanks again for all your support and have a safe and happy boating season!

Sincerely,

Tim Weinzirl
Performance Boat Candy

Last edited by wakeworld; 03-22-2013 at 4:47 PM.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-22-2013, 1:28 PM Reply   
Aaaw crap, ordered 2 gallons on Wednesday...missed the 20% off
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-22-2013, 1:44 PM Reply   
I just got my PBC stuff and hope to get too work this weekend or early next week. I am here to say Tim is a great guy to work with has sent me countless numbers of emails as I am nervous about buffing and cutting blah blah blah. I have taken some pictures for before and will send some after.
Old     (PBC)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-22-2013, 1:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by you_da_man View Post
Aaaw crap, ordered 2 gallons on Wednesday...missed the 20% off
AJ,

Email us your order number to sales@performanceboatcandy.com and we'll credit you the 20%

Thanks for your business.

Team PBC
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-22-2013, 2:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBC View Post
AJ,

Email us your order number to sales@performanceboatcandy.com and we'll credit you the 20%

Thanks for your business.

Team PBC
That was quick, got the refund notice. Thanks a bunch.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       03-22-2013, 2:33 PM Reply   
Good customer service is half the battle!
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-26-2013, 2:14 PM Reply   
Ok here are some image before I did anything. Then after extreme cut then the polish. No wax yet.
Attached Images

Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-26-2013, 2:18 PM Reply   
So far I could not be happer with how PBC stuff has worked out. Tim has been great to deal. I would be interested to see how their boat seat protectant works.
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-18-2013, 9:49 AM Reply   
I waxed my boat about a week ago with the Candy wax, the white pad and the Porter Cable polisher. Boat looks 5 times better than it ever has. In the past I have used some kind of McGuires marine with a traditional "spin only" polisher. Given the fact that I changed several variables I can't be sure how much each change had to do with the final result but I can tell you that I have no plans on changing for a long time. Great product!
Old     (luke22885)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-18-2013, 9:54 AM Reply   
I 100% agree. I did 3 steps on mine few weeks back, didnt use the most extreme cut compound but did use the other three and can not believe how good my boat looks. I could not be happier with how it turned out. I would post pictures of final product but they dont really do it justice.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-19-2013, 5:28 PM Reply   
Tamp

PM at ya
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-19-2013, 6:59 PM Reply   
Its really hard to tell unless you do a side by side test with all 99 products out there. You cant just use one product and honestly think that its all there is that will work that good. Especially if your boat could really use a polishing. Then We need to have a turtle wax thread and a mcguirres thread, etc. Let's be realistic.
Old     (GoinBoarin)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-19-2013, 7:51 PM Reply   
Is this discount still available?
Old     (BigMack)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-19-2013, 9:33 PM Reply   
It worked just fine. I just bought 2 gallons and used the coupon
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-14-2013, 6:20 PM Reply   
Also tried to order and the shipping was 10 bucks. Emailed Tim to see how get the 5 dollar shipping