Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (clubjoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-29-2006, 11:56 AM Reply   
Well, after much procrastinating, I'm now sportin' Zeus bindings!

I've been on Byerlys for a while. I got a lot of feedback about the 06 Zeus bindings from Chuck here in town, and been reading Wakeworld as usual....It happens one day I get an out-of-the-blue invite to ride with some strangers, and they provided me with a loaner board that had em.......WOW!!! Secure fit!!!

It was a fairly quick collapse, and off to the store I go.....I've only used em once, but I'm really looking forward to the next ride........
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-29-2006, 12:03 PM Reply   
sweet! mine are here and i'm riding them today for the first time. Can't wait!!! i wish my 3 o'clock would cancel so I could get out there!

On a side note: a few ppl said the hinge on the factions would pop open if you landed hard. anyone know of issues with hinge on the Zeus?

(Message edited by denverd1 on September 29, 2006)
Old    mendo247            09-29-2006, 12:10 PM Reply   
yeah i finally broke down and rode some zeus's for the first time last weekend.. they were a size to small but amazingly they still felt pretty good.. i might actually have to buy a pair of the 07's when they come out!

so to all these cwb guys around here? where is the best place to buy these things??
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-29-2006, 12:11 PM Reply   
Yeee...

Got my 07 Plat Transcend on the way with 07 Fuses!

Can't wait
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-29-2006, 12:27 PM Reply   
Hi Joe!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-29-2006, 12:41 PM Reply   
Ha, ha, ha... Just in case there was any question what we all think is the best set-up for next year. Jarrod, Allen and I are all riding the Transcend with Fuses. I'm going for the foam core board though (purely because I like the graphics, LOL).

Can't wait to get the new gear. I love this time of year. I'll be interested to see if I get bummed on not having hinge-tech for next year. I may have to make a mid season swap to the Zeus'. I think I used them so much this year that I took them for granted. I haven't ridden bindings without hinges in close to a year.

Nacho, not on the Zeus'. Actually the later Factions have been modified to eliminate that problem too. If you pop the Zeus' it is usually a really hard crash or a weird landing. After riding a full season with them I think I popped them less than 5 times in a couple hundred sets.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-29-2006, 12:50 PM Reply   
Even. I'm riding the same setup now. I have the 138 and love it. I've been riding the 07 Fuse for a few months and I don't think they is a better binding out there for me. For years I've been trying CWB gear and keep going back to my LF setup. Now my LF setup is collecting dust in my garage.

Hi Joe!
Old     (clubjoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-29-2006, 12:54 PM Reply   
Bug!!!-- Congrats again on your move up North!

Nacho--- For what it's worth, I've tried SEVERAL hard and weird crashes with them, and no problems yet.....
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-29-2006, 1:39 PM Reply   
As of today, I am a 06 Zuess higetech kind of guy myself......first run on Sunday.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-29-2006, 1:53 PM Reply   
Chuck H. Rocks!!!!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-29-2006, 2:03 PM Reply   
Awesome. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning.

my 3 came and went. new account, new bindings. I'm out!!
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-30-2006, 9:19 AM Reply   
Joe what am I chopped liver?!!!
Old     (clubjoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-30-2006, 9:46 AM Reply   
Sorry Brandon! -- The "no mention" is prolly a good thing.....I'm sure you guys hadn't really noticed but I like to chat, and ask lots of questions....(my O.C. disorder )

Poor Chuck has had to endure -volumes- more about the Zeus bindings in particular, in addition to my "what am I doing wrong now?" questions......

Tell you what....Here's my number (333-9845).. If you ever give me a ring to go riding, I'll catch you up to the "Chuck hours" in the ear bending department. I'm ready for lessons now anyway....
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-02-2006, 8:42 AM Reply   
super comfy, supportive and no pressure points. First binding that i'm totally comfy in. i love hinge.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-02-2006, 2:19 PM Reply   
Suwheeet.

I rode my 07 Platinum and my 06 Zuess for the first time today, and those are some kick ass bindings no doubt.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-02-2006, 2:25 PM Reply   
awesome. How did the 07 ride? same shape as 06?

im sure they'll break in, but they were tight on the back of ankle/heel area. really tight. so, i dropped the hinge while the boat was coming back around and i was fine. im sure they'll be good after a few rides
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-02-2006, 2:34 PM Reply   
I never rode the 06, seems better than the 05.

I still prefer the old absolute shapes (06 Pure).

Loved the board though, loved the bindings even more.