Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (wakemeup3460)      Join Date: Oct 2012       10-22-2012, 12:47 PM Reply   
Craigslist had a 2004 and 2005 for reasonable prices and was wondering what kind of wave they put out. Does anyone have pics? How do they compare to the other Supreme models. I haven't seen too much discussion, if any, on these boats.
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-23-2012, 8:18 AM Reply   
The Supreme V220 is a fun boat for surfing, but you definitely have to sac it out. It has 2 stock ballast tanks (approx. 320lbs on starboard and port lockers). You can fit a Flyhigh 400# fatsac on top of the stock tanks. I ended up pulling my port tank and replacing with a 750# sac. But you're not done sac'ing it out there. What I found worked BEST for the V220 (and I spent 3 years dialing it in) was going with the 1100# surf sac (L-shaped) on the seats along with an integrated bow sac (650#) and would even toss the lil Buddy (150#) sac on the port bow seat. If we had a few extra riders, I'd swap out the L-sac for a 750# sac.

I didn't have a trim tab, but that would have definitely made a difference, but we loved surfing it...then I upgraded to the V226 and the rest is history

There's a big write-up on my blog about all my ballast projects and weighting my old V220 - check that out @ http://www.newakesurf.com/?p=123

Here's a decent vid as well, you can get a good look at the height/length of the wave around :30 - hope this helps! There's definitely more vids of the V220 on my channel, just make sure to read the description and not get confused with the V226 wave!

Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-23-2012, 8:58 AM Reply   
The V220SP is the direct drive version,not a v-drive like Greg's.You probably will not get the same quality wave as the v-drive version.
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-23-2012, 9:42 AM Reply   
Oops, thanks for the clarification! Somehow I missed the "SP" in the title, sorry for the confusion!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-23-2012, 11:56 AM Reply   
Actually I think there is a direct drive 220 sp and a v drive V220 SP. since the OP put V220 on his title of the thread I am pretty sure he must be talkign about the V220 SP which is a v drive. Not surpe what the SP references or if the V220 SP is any different than the later V220 without the SP. There is also a designation of SK. Not sure what the SP or SK actually mean.
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-23-2012, 12:37 PM Reply   
I concur with Brett...a quick search of the interwebs shows a V-drive version of the V220 SP here.

I'm going to venture out on a limb and guess SP stands for "Sky Package" which includes the tower, ballast, and a few other options.
Old     (wakemeup3460)      Join Date: Oct 2012       10-23-2012, 5:58 PM Reply   
Here is an add for one of them. I just talked to the guy and it is a v-drive. He's never surfed with it. Is this a good deal? No Perfect Pass. Decent stereo (no tower speakers), stored covered outside, original owner, some fading on the back where the sun hits it. He said there is not much of a "V" in the back of the hull and he remembers there being a model with more of a "V" when he bought it. Which model do you think he is talking about? He did say that the "Sky Package" was the tower, ballast, etc.

@Greg. I'd dont' know if this is the boat for me. I really don't want a 1100 pound sac on my seats, not because of looks just sounds like a PIA. I will check out your blog though.

http://ventura.craigslist.org/boa/3325599893.html
Old     (BenHolloway)      Join Date: Aug 2012       10-23-2012, 6:43 PM Reply   
I think the 208 had a deeper v but its shorter.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-23-2012, 9:26 PM Reply   
Supreme must have changed this after 2005,2006 and up the V220SP is a direct drive and V220 is v-drive.
Old     (wakemeup3460)      Join Date: Oct 2012       10-23-2012, 9:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReSession View Post
The Supreme V220 is a fun boat for surfing, but you definitely have to sac it out. It has 2 stock ballast tanks (approx. 320lbs on starboard and port lockers). You can fit a Flyhigh 400# fatsac on top of the stock tanks. I ended up pulling my port tank and replacing with a 750# sac. But you're not done sac'ing it out there. What I found worked BEST for the V220 (and I spent 3 years dialing it in) was going with the 1100# surf sac (L-shaped) on the seats along with an integrated bow sac (650#) and would even toss the lil Buddy (150#) sac on the port bow seat. If we had a few extra riders, I'd swap out the L-sac for a 750# sac.

I didn't have a trim tab, but that would have definitely made a difference, but we loved surfing it...then I upgraded to the V226 and the rest is history

There's a big write-up on my blog about all my ballast projects and weighting my old V220 - check that out @ http://www.newakesurf.com/?p=123

Here's a decent vid as well, you can get a good look at the height/length of the wave around :30 - hope this helps! There's definitely more vids of the V220 on my channel, just make sure to read the description and not get confused with the V226 wave!

Very cool! I like it.
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-24-2012, 5:50 AM Reply   
George, if you're looking to get into wakesurfing at an affordable price, this boat will allow you to do that. Tower speakers aren't necessary, but PerfectPass is (which I had my dealer install). Don't be tricked by an "V" in front of the name of a boat...this does not describe it's V-hull. The V220 is fairly flat on the bottom (as are a lot of boats that people are surfing). The V226 and Centurions really have the deepest V-hull in the industry, but of course costs start going up!

Most boats do not surf 'right out of the box' and take some dialing in through a combination of speed, ballast and trim tab (if included). Regarding the ballast bags on the seats, this has to be one of the most annoying steps of getting your wave right. We always had a passenger on the back sundeck as well, which adds to the list. One thing that I did not like was having more than 4 people on the boat when I was fully sac'd out. Cramped quarters on a boat has a way of negating some of the fun! But again, the V220 was all I could afford and I wanted to get into surfing and make the best of it, so the V220 worked for what we wanted to do!

Keep looking around, this is the best time of the season to buy a boat and you never know...you may come across that one guy who is desperate to get rid of his surf machine that has it fully dialed in with the features you're looking for?
Old     (wakemeup3460)      Join Date: Oct 2012       10-26-2012, 1:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
George, if you're looking to get into wakesurfing at an affordable price, this boat will allow you to do that. Tower speakers aren't necessary, but PerfectPass is (which I had my dealer install). Don't be tricked by an "V" in front of the name of a boat...this does not describe it's V-hull. The V220 is fairly flat on the bottom (as are a lot of boats that people are surfing). The V226 and Centurions really have the deepest V-hull in the industry, but of course costs start going up!

Most boats do not surf 'right out of the box' and take some dialing in through a combination of speed, ballast and trim tab (if included). Regarding the ballast bags on the seats, this has to be one of the most annoying steps of getting your wave right. We always had a passenger on the back sundeck as well, which adds to the list. One thing that I did not like was having more than 4 people on the boat when I was fully sac'd out. Cramped quarters on a boat has a way of negating some of the fun! But again, the V220 was all I could afford and I wanted to get into surfing and make the best of it, so the V220 worked for what we wanted to do!

Keep looking around, this is the best time of the season to buy a boat and you never know...you may come across that one guy who is desperate to get rid of his surf machine that has it fully dialed in with the features you're looking for?
Hey Greg. Here is a V232 for sale near me. How are these for surfing? I did a search on here and didn't find anything. How does it compare to the 226?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...365689945.html
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-27-2012, 8:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakemeup3460 View Post
Hey Greg. Here is a V232 for sale near me. How are these for surfing? I did a search on here and didn't find anything. How does it compare to the 226?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...365689945.html
George,

You can definitely surf the V232! If you go to Supreme's facebook page, and click "See All" under 'Recent Posts by Others on Ski Supreme Boats', then scroll down to John Gunnel's video of them surfing their V232. I'm friends with John via Facebook and they love it!

It has a similar hull shape as the V220, just longer. The V232 is 23', whereas the V220 is 21'4". The extra length also adds the wrap-around seating on the starboard side, versus the V220 not having it.

In my opinion, this boat looks SOLID! Trim tab, nice platform, plenty of room...go get yourself a new wakesurf boat (AFTER you test drive it and have it checked out by a local dealer, of course )
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-27-2012, 12:43 PM Reply   
Yeah Gunnel's wave looks pretty nice.That's a nice looking V232 also.
Old     (cragrat)      Join Date: Mar 2012       10-29-2012, 12:07 PM Reply   
Thanks for the complement, Jay. We do love our V232. Stock wave was "OK"... but after adding 750 rear, 260 side and 260 front the wave became longer and even "easier" to surf!
Old     (cragrat)      Join Date: Mar 2012       10-31-2012, 11:34 AM Reply   
Local dealer has a 2012 V232 that he'd probably deal on. BEAUTIFUL BOAT!
Attached Images

Old     (wakemeup3460)      Join Date: Oct 2012       10-31-2012, 9:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
George,

You can definitely surf the V232! If you go to Supreme's facebook page, and click "See All" under 'Recent Posts by Others on Ski Supreme Boats', then scroll down to John Gunnel's video of them surfing their V232. I'm friends with John via Facebook and they love it!

It has a similar hull shape as the V220, just longer. The V232 is 23', whereas the V220 is 21'4". The extra length also adds the wrap-around seating on the starboard side, versus the V220 not having it.

In my opinion, this boat looks SOLID! Trim tab, nice platform, plenty of room...go get yourself a new wakesurf boat (AFTER you test drive it and have it checked out by a local dealer, of course )
Thanks for the response. Good looking wave on that 232! However, I really need to pay some bills before I start looking for something. Thanks again!
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-01-2012, 5:23 PM Reply   
The vtwo3two definately surfs, just takes some work and significate weight . . . . My 232 throws a world class wave, right up there with the 226 and the Enzos. I have a custom built platform (which on the 2013's isn't needed anymore) and we obviously slam her!
Attached Images

Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-03-2012, 8:31 AM Reply   
Do you think that the Supreme V212 would put out a bigger wave than the V220? I found a new 2011 V212 (they don't make anymore), it says deep Vee hull. The deep Vee leads me to believe that you should be able to get a decent wave out of it but not as long or big as the V226 or V232 wave. Doe's anyone surf the V212 that could help me out with info and pics on their wave?
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-03-2012, 12:27 PM Reply   
The v212 surf's really well, the only reason the 212 went away was cost . . . . its cost us dealers as much as a 232. Before the 226 the 212 was my favorite model. The 208, 212, and 232 all have a similar cascading hull design and if you get the platform out of the wave and slam them they throw a world class wave! These three models will have a much better wave then the v220 (the v220 has a killer wake tho at 22 MPH with a little weight in it - the v220 was my first v-drive and I loved it, just too narrow to throw an epic wave).
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-03-2012, 1:45 PM Reply   
Thanks motogod77! I really like the 212 I found. Do you think a V226 surf platform would fit on a 212? The one I found doesn't have a boat cover, so I hope I can still get one from Supreme.
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-03-2012, 3:39 PM Reply   
A cover shouldn't be an issue at all @ www.westlandcovers.com . . . . . We actually make platforms for all the boats for surfing and I'm sure the 2013 Platforms will work with a little engineering. If it has the XL platform get rid of it, if its the standard platform you can have a fiberglass shop reshape it and just raise it up 2-3 inches and it will rock!
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-03-2012, 3:55 PM Reply   
My Platform . . . . . .
Attached Images

Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-03-2012, 5:44 PM Reply   
Cool platform! Thanks for the pictures. I don't know if the V212 I am looking at has the standard or XL. From the pics it looks big.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-03-2012, 7:45 PM Reply   
V212
Attached Images

Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-04-2012, 7:30 AM Reply   
Nice wave wakebrdjay! I looked at your profile it's a very pretty boat. Is your ballast set up still the same as in your profile? I have a Sanger V210 and it seems like we are always tweaking the ballast set up.
The Supreme V212 is the same length as my Sanger but hopefully with a lot more freeboard. I have been putting so much weight in ours lately, that it is riding very low in the water. I have a nice wave but it would be good to have a taller boat with a deeper V.
We tend to tow ours long distances in the summer to share my surfing addiction with friends 12hrs away. We just hit the road for 3 weeks and try to surf as many lakes and rivers as we can on the way to MT and back, from southern ID. I think the V212 would work well even though I have never seen it in person. I have surfed a V223 and that wave was amazing!!! I know this one won't be that size but I hope bigger than my current one.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-04-2012, 12:25 PM Reply   
Sue,that is not the best waves I posted,have made better ones.I use the built in tank and the v-drive sac in rear surf side the tube sac in the bow towards the surf side and people or the 150lb fat buddies.I have the giant swim deck,I'm going to try a smaller one next season.I think the one on it now is limiting how big you can get the wave.I love my V212,it's great for surfing both sides.
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-04-2012, 12:48 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info. Jay. Is there a storage locker in the floor up front where you could put another bag? My Sanger came with a center ballast bag built in this storage area.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-04-2012, 1:58 PM Reply   
No storage in the floor.
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-04-2012, 3:45 PM Reply   
ok Thanks!
Old     (cragrat)      Join Date: Mar 2012       11-07-2012, 9:48 PM Reply   
V232 wave. It's sooooooo much fun!
Attached Images