Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old    bullet_tower            10-29-2005, 10:03 AM Reply   
I designed this projects tower with Pat and Scott, we are trying to get CC to buy but they like the direction they are going with there current suppliers any thoughts?

Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       10-29-2005, 10:39 AM Reply   
My thoughts:
Tower looks sweet, I love the side step idea, but maybe they need to be worked directly to the tower feet to give maximum weight support for CC's more erm... heavy customers ;) Though i really am not sure about the rear legs.. looks a little wierd or maybe i'm not reading the drawing very well.

I'm really not too sure about posting potential towers on this site though.. I think its great to give CC some product feedback but maybe keep it to CC. Just my thoughts but none the less.. great looking tower!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-29-2005, 10:48 AM Reply   
The Bimini rack is a great Idea, BUT most people has some sort of tower box, It looks like it might get in the way. The current production Bimin set up is adjustable so if you have a low hanging set of speaker or tower box you can lower the mounting points of the bimini. If you keep that in mind you will be good. That way you could still use the bimin to hold boards but stll let sun threw on the cold days, Great Ideas keep them comming

I was thinking of a bimini that was able to be pulled apart and stored away some how if it attached to the tower like the bimini on the Illusion towers and the canvas could be attached to the bimini.
Not a big fan of the step's and with the new racks that swivel into the boat I dont know why you would need them.
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-29-2005, 12:30 PM Reply   
I like the fact that you're trying to do something new. IMHO though I think the tower would not match the lines of the boat very well. I'm still not sure if I like CC 06 towers yet but as Grant said you can't compete with the swivel racks. I think that's the next thing on my list to purchase for my FCT.
Old     (cbrown)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-29-2005, 2:25 PM Reply   
Am I the only one that thinks this looks like the X-Star tower? Also have to agree with grant about swivel racks and the nerf bars.
Old    bullet_tower            10-29-2005, 2:38 PM Reply   
The board racks do rotate into the boat and the bimini comes off you just pull 4 pins.
Old     (rektek)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-29-2005, 2:43 PM Reply   
agree with cbrown, looks a lot like the 05 mastercraft tower with a extra cross bar.
too many patent infringes to build it.
also the blocks take away from the overall decent look.

does the tower mount to the boat or the cross piece ? it's hard to tell.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-31-2005, 9:17 AM Reply   
looks good to me except the grid thing with the rear legs. that looks like something from the 80's. what are the bars down by the rubrail for?

FWIW, the way CC's patent reads, anything attached to the deck that you tie a ski rope to falls under their patent. i agree on posting details of a business proposal here. not likely to help you out at all with CC.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-31-2005, 3:30 PM Reply   
It looks like the X-star tower, but CC style, I really dig it, but the best way to really test it is if constructed and installed on a Nautiques.
What I dont like are the rear legs and those side pipes, those are not boat friendly
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-31-2005, 3:52 PM Reply   
from another post, Bob said the side pipes are nerf bars that act as steps and bumpers. IMO the step idea is great, but i think i prefer the replaceable rubrail to act as the bumper. make the nerf bars inside (narrower than) the rubrail, and i want a pair for my boat. i suppose you could also just mount some of those aftermarket grab rails in the same spots, but it probably wouldn't look as good.