Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    bigdtx            02-03-2014, 4:20 AM Reply   
Well Cliff...

They may not have gone undefeated (as you predict every year), but they laid the lumber on Denver. That was an old fashioned ass-kicking. All week I heard things like 85 Bears level defense (didn't think so), and '92 level Cowboys potential (did think so). Wilson was awesome. If you're going to Vegas anytime soon, drop 50 on them to repeat.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-03-2014, 6:58 AM Reply   
Congrats Seahawks fans! You guys whooped the crap out of us! I wish my team had given you guys a challenge but they didn't. Oh well, at least they set a few records.
#1 - Most super bowl losses by a franchise! WOO HOO! So proud of them! NOT!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-03-2014, 7:06 AM Reply   
SUPER BOWL RECORDS SET IN SUPER BOWL XLVIII
Quickest score to open game :12, Seattle, safety (I disagree with this one, Denver should really get the credit for this one! )
Most receptions, game 13, Demaryius Thomas,
Denver Most pass completions, game 34, Peyton Manning, Denver
Most losses, team 5, Denver
Largest halftime lead with a shutout 22, Seattle
SUPER BOWL RECORDS TIED IN SUPER BOWL XLVIII
Most safeties, game, team 1, Seattle
Most touchdowns, kickoff returns, game 1, Percy Harvin, Seattle
Fewest punts, team, game 1, Seattle
Fewest rushing touchdowns, team, game 0, Denver
Fewest fumbles, team, game 0, Seattle
Fewest field goals, team, game 0, Denver
When Seattle followed up its safety with a field goal, it became the first team to lead a Super Bowl 5-0. Seattle became the first team to ever score with a safety, interception return for a touchdown and kickoff return for a touchdown in the same game. Seattle led the game for 59 minutes, 48 seconds, most in Super Bowl history.
Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-03-2014, 7:26 AM Reply   
Today is the best Monday ever!!! WORLD CHAMPS BABY!!! GO HAWKS!!!
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-03-2014, 8:28 AM Reply   
congrats SeaHawks and their fans.

Seattle Cliff has talked trash for so long, he deserves a ring as well....

very impressive.

Maybe Jerry Jones will get the message and hire a G.M. that can put together a REAL team like John Schneider did
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-03-2014, 10:01 AM Reply   
Thanks Guys!

You put in ten plus years of smack talk and eventually it's gonna pay off.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-03-2014, 10:18 AM Reply   
It looks like the 12th man had a pretty good time last night!
http://deadspin.com/shirtless-drunk-...ttl-1514866961
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-03-2014, 12:02 PM Reply   
Congrats Seattle!

I am actually a fan even though I am a much bigger 49er fan.

With my two posts last week, I kind of nailed it...
Attached Images

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-03-2014, 12:05 PM Reply   
Yep, you called it very accurately. I hate you!
Old     (jtech)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-03-2014, 1:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
Congrats Seattle!

I am actually a fan even though I am a much bigger 49er fan.

With my two posts last week, I kind of nailed it...
Care to pick some lottery numbers?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-03-2014, 1:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
It looks like the 12th man had a pretty good time last night!
http://deadspin.com/shirtless-drunk-...ttl-1514866961

That's Seattle for ya. Rainier Beer and Skittles are how we do celebrating round here.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-03-2014, 2:03 PM Reply   
It's a good thing you guys weren't right about Lynch "adding another dimension" or whatever someone said. He was a non-factor. Where was trash talking Sherman when Thomas was setting a Super Bowl record for receptions? Guess he couldn't be everywhere but must have done enough to keep the TD's from flowin...
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-03-2014, 2:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
It's a good thing you guys weren't right about Lynch "adding another dimension" or whatever someone said. He was a non-factor. Where was trash talking Sherman when Thomas was setting a Super Bowl record for receptions? Guess he couldn't be everywhere but must have done enough to keep the TD's from flowin...
If that game doesn't shake out the way it did, Lynch would have gotten plenty more yards. His longest and best runs are always late in games when the D get's tired of gang tackling him and getting beaten down for their efforts. Don't think his 39 yards don't mean anything... Everything else that offense does starts with what teams have to do try and stop him.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-03-2014, 4:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Come on Timmy... You're just looking silly now.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-03-2014, 5:05 PM Reply   
This thread has been a blast and thank God the Hawks backed up all our trash talking Eating crow would have sucked but they bailed us out and put a HUGE exclamation point on an incredible year. No more empty trophy case talk, no more choke talk. You guys better get new material ready for next year.
Old     (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       02-03-2014, 5:09 PM Reply   
Congrats Seattle fans. You're in the club. Now you don't have to hear you've never won the Super Bowl anymore.

Man I am depressed. Looks like it will be the Hawks and the Niners beating each other up and competing for the NFC crown for years to come. My Skins don't have a shot.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-03-2014, 5:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry1167 View Post
Congrats Seattle fans. You're in the club. Now you don't have to hear you've never won the Super Bowl anymore.

Man I am depressed. Looks like it will be the Hawks and the Niners beating each other up and competing for the NFC crown for years to come. My Skins don't have a shot.
Pretty sure salary caps are gonna weaken both teams after next year right? So who knows what will happen? Plus the niners have some old farts ready to retire before too long. We'll see. Gore is gettin tired. Next year will be interesting. Can the hawks repeat or will their first SB win make them complacent? That's what I'll be watching to see. I still can't believe how badly the hawks D shut down the Bronco's O.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-03-2014, 7:29 PM Reply   
Richard Sherman says what we are all thinking...

NFC Championship was the real superbowl.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...he-super-bowl/
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-03-2014, 7:34 PM Reply   
Kinda makes young KAP's poor play look not so bad knowing that veteran QB BREES and MANNING looked as bad or worse!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-04-2014, 6:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Kinda makes young KAP's poor play look not so bad knowing that veteran QB BREES and MANNING looked as bad or worse!
I don't get how people can consider Peyton the greatest of all time. I understand his numbers are outrageous during the regular season. I get that he is a class act and represents the NFL in a most professional manner. What I don't get is how people can look at his performance in playoffs and consider him anywhere near the top? The guy is 11-12 in the big games. That's not only poor performance but lousy performance. Brady, Farve, Brees and Rodgers all have better playoff records than him. Take his name away from those stats and no right minded person would say performance like that is legendary nor would they ever consider it as the best of all time.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-04-2014, 8:16 AM Reply   
Hawks fans this is a must watch. Its all the highlights with Raibles radio call over them. Its killer.

http://vimeo.com/m/85780759
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-04-2014, 8:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Very true.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-04-2014, 8:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Pretty sure salary caps are gonna weaken both teams after next year right? So who knows what will happen? Plus the niners have some old farts ready to retire before too long. We'll see. Gore is gettin tired. Next year will be interesting. Can the hawks repeat or will their first SB win make them complacent? That's what I'll be watching to see. I still can't believe how badly the hawks D shut down the Bronco's O.
We'll have to pay some players big time in 2015 but next year looks pretty easy. If we can continue to draft well and develop players as we have over the last four years we'll be able to develop the Patriot way of just letting the big FA's go. It makes me a bit sad to see anyone go from this team though.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-04-2014, 8:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Sherman lined up against Decker for most of the game.......Decker had one reception for 6 yards. One of the best compliments opposing QB's can pay to a cornerback is to never throw towards them.... Peyton might well have increased his interception numbers had he chosen to go after Sherman.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-04-2014, 9:43 AM Reply   
What a great season!! Hawks prove all the doubters/haters wrong. Sunday really showed how dominant the Hawks can be. They saved their best game for last. In the third quarter, I started to feel bad for Manning. He had zero chance in that game. Hawks win that game 10 times out of 10. The Broncos had no answer.

If the Hawks can keep this together I think they will win 3 SBs in the next 4 years. I'd be pretty nervous if I was a Broncos fan. Every team is going to look at that SB and copy the Hawks on how to stop Manning. The Broncos WRs wanted no part of the LOB. It was embarrassing.

Now on to Bobby's new profile picture. I kind of like this one:
Attached Images

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-04-2014, 10:11 AM Reply   
Us Broncos fans can't even eat crow, our throat is too small from choking so bad!
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-04-2014, 10:55 AM Reply   
Realize that the Seahawks just put the NFL on notice with regard to a flying intense physical defense. Every head coach in the NFL watched and took notice. And, every head coach will be trying to emulate the Seahawks. Sure, most will fail but some will not. So, get ready. The NFL is going to start down this path. Every team will be coaching their defense to fly and push limits. Every team will be coaching their DBs to bump/grind to the limit of the REF vs the letter of the RULE. Every team will be rotating their defensive lineman to keep them more fresh. Every team will be demanding gang tackling on every play. Every team will be teaching turn-over generation. Furthermore, every offense will be working on tactics to overcome such defenses. And, the NFL will respond by changing the rules again to favor the passing game.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-04-2014, 11:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Realize that the Seahawks just put the NFL on notice with regard to a flying intense physical defense. Every head coach in the NFL watched and took notice. And, every head coach will be trying to emulate the Seahawks. Sure, most will fail but some will not. So, get ready. The NFL is going to start down this path. Every team will be coaching their defense to fly and push limits. Every team will be coaching their DBs to bump/grind to the limit of the REF vs the letter of the RULE. Every team will be rotating their defensive lineman to keep them more fresh. Every team will be demanding gang tackling on every play. Every team will be teaching turn-over generation. Furthermore, every offense will be working on tactics to overcome such defenses. And, the NFL will respond by changing the rules again to favor the passing game.
As with a lot of what you've posted on this thread, I agree. But... I don't see many teams having any luck at all copying what the Seahawks have. Big, long, athletic corners are very, very rare. And there really aren't any other FS out there with the kind of speed and smarts that Earl has. You can teach fast linebackers to hit hard and gang tackle... but some of the other stuff will be incredibly hard to imitate.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-04-2014, 11:35 AM Reply   
I think a lot of it is coaching and the credit falls on Pete's lap. There are many great defensive lineman and linebackers. Many better than what Seattle puts on the field. So, Seattle's real advantage beyond coaching is with their corners and safeties. Yes, big and fast is desired. Yes, doing as well as Seattle will be difficult. But, every team, unless they are stupid, will be working in this direction.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-04-2014, 11:47 AM Reply   
Did Seattle take Baltimore's D and improve on it? They had one of the toughest defenses for years.
Old    bigdtx            02-04-2014, 11:56 AM Reply   
Monty Kiffin's Tampa 2 is a world beating offense... When you have Warren Sapp and Simeon Rice on the field together.

The great Barry Switzer said it best - "The team with the best players wins 9 out of 10 times. If we have the best players we will win."

Seattle is stacked right now. Enjoy it while it lasts because it never does. I hope they win it again next year - what a great story that would be.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-04-2014, 12:28 PM Reply   
Seattle does not have the best defensive personnel. Many other teams have better individual defensive linemen and linebackers. Seattle has great corners and safeties only. Seattle has good personnel and a great defensive minded coach who developed a magical recipe. This is why a 7th round draft pick got the MVP.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-04-2014, 1:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Seattle does not have the best defensive personnel. Many other teams have better individual defensive linemen and linebackers. Seattle has great corners and safeties only. Seattle has good personnel and a great defensive minded coach who developed a magical recipe. This is why a 7th round draft pick got the MVP.
Sorta. There are some uniquely talented guys on the squad. KJ Wright sniffs out a screen better than anyone I've ever seen. And I personally don't think Seattle gets it done this season without Avril & Bennett. MB can shoot through a line so quickly... and Avril is great on the edge. Are they the best? Maybe not... but they do it differently than a lot of teams. Manning was pressured all night on Sunday, and Seattle only blitzed 5 or 6 times. You're probably right that coaching is a huge part of it... but a huge part of Pete's coaching philosophy is to take guys with unique skills and let them play in roles that allow their skills to shine. He doesn't try to mold guys to fit his scheme... he molds his scheme to fit his guys. Other teams can try to mimic that, but most are gonna come up short.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-04-2014, 9:56 PM Reply   
I think Pete is a great coach but the players that John Schneider is able to bring in has made all the difference. Pete had a huge advantage at USC because he was able to recruit some of the best players there (while bending NCAA rules) now he and Schneider are doing the same thing in Seattle. Schneider is smart enough to keep this team good for a long time. Can't wait to see what they do this off season.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-05-2014, 4:25 PM Reply   
The parade was crazy today!!! Over 700,000 people from all over the state showed up to celebrate the Hawks, the 12's and the Super Bowl. Amazing!!!
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-05-2014, 10:06 PM Reply   
How did Pete bend the rules while recruiting at USC?

And yes... Seattle was CRAZY today. I went to the CLink... and my personal highlight? Breno Giacomini walking around letting those of us up front touch the Lombardi. Felt great to actually lay my hand on it. Go Hawks!

Last edited by digg311; 02-05-2014 at 10:09 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-06-2014, 3:19 AM Reply   
He let Reggie Bush take the fall for things he knew were going on.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-06-2014, 9:25 AM Reply   
Rich,
that is awesome you got to touch the trophy!!

All I'm saying about Pete at USC is he jumped ship when he knew it was going down. Even with my Seahawks goggles on I can see that Pete probably bent a few NCAA rules while at USC, just like every other winning program in college football. It's the reason I can't stand college football. They have this "love of the game" mantra yet it's a business just like the NFL. At least the NFL admits it.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-06-2014, 7:56 PM Reply   
I get that people feel like Pete bailed on the program at USC because he knew the sanctions were coming... but I just don't buy that. The Seahawks made him an offer he couldn't refuse, and the timing was just what made it look bad. After unsuccessful runs as HC with two NFL programs, there weren't a bunch of teams looking to give him the kind of full control he was demanding. But the Seahawks did. Heck... they let HIM hire his GM. That kinda thing is exceedingly rare. So how can you be angry at the guy for jumping on it when he did?

As for "letting Reggie Bush take the fall", I don't buy that either. I'll never understand how a Sports Marketer can hire an athlete as an intern (for $8 an hour)... and somehow that equates to a head coach breaking NCAA rules. If the sports marketers were giving money or gifts to Bush, it was in an attempt to woo him to leave USC and go to the NFL so that they could represent him. Does it sound like it was even in Pete's best interest to encourage that? And if he did, how exactly can anyone call that "cheating"?

I know, this is all way off topic... but it kills me that people refer to Pete as a cheater... or to that period of time at USC as somehow tainted. Most of them don't even know what went down. They just hear "Pete the Cheat" and run with it.

As for me touching the Lombardi... yeah, it was unbelievably cool. As a football fan, touching any Lombardi would have been a thrill... but touching the actual Seahawks Lombardi, in CenturyLink, during our Super Bowl celebration.... I mean, wow. Easily one of those Top 10 lifetime moments outside of wife/kids kinda stuff.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-07-2014, 8:49 AM Reply   
^^So cool Rich!!

I think Pete is awesome and after this Superbowl Victory he should be considered for the HOF. But...you have to look at this from the outside. If Pete coached the 49ers, and he was tied to USC sanctions and players getting caught for PEDs you'd be chanting "Pete the Cheat" too. I don't take anything away from his success at USC because every other program is/was bending the rules too.

BTW this is awesome: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-07-2014, 3:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
If Pete coached the 49ers, and he was tied to USC sanctions and players getting caught for PEDs you'd be chanting "Pete the Cheat" too.
You're probably right. But that's most likely only because I can't stand Harbaugh's punchable face and wouldn't bother to look into what I was hearing. I'd just trust it was true.

And that would be a mistake.

I'm sure that's why Pete has the reputation he has... (because people don't bother to look into the stories due to his punchable face)... but as a Seahawks fan, I've done the digging on both the USC allegations and the PED stories surroundingin the Hawks program... and firmly believe that both are blown WAY out of proportion.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-08-2014, 9:12 AM Reply   
Speaking of punchable faces, does anyone know why Pete's nose is so effed up?
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-08-2014, 9:58 AM Reply   
I finally found some time to review the NFC championship game on nflrewind.

How KAP definitely lost the game that he almost won?

1) 4th Q fumble @ 10:17 3rd and 6 -- could have ran left out of bounds -- could have moved right for run/throw options.

2) 4th Q interception #1 @ 8:03 1st and 10 -- could have dumped it off to hunter who is wide open.

3) 4th Q interception #2 @ 0:40 1st and 10 & 2 TO -- why throw this ball to Crabtree who is very covered by Sherman?
Attached Images

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-08-2014, 3:27 PM Reply   
^^^The whole thing was sickening and I'm still a bit butthurt over it. All we can do is wait until next year when they play in the Niner's new stadium. It's HISTORY now. Can't be a Monday morning quarterback. Gotta move on right?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-08-2014, 3:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Speaking of punchable faces, does anyone know why Pete's nose is so effed up?
Stinky Pete DOES have a punchable face for sure. Maybe that's why his nose is jacked.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-08-2014, 9:49 PM Reply   
This is the 12th man in full effect.
Attached Images

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-09-2014, 9:34 AM Reply   
Bobby still needs to change his photo. I too vote for the one where Lee is getting crushed by Tate. Also shouldn't it be Seahawks #1 fan?
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-10-2014, 9:41 AM Reply   
^^^ That's what I remember. Bobby, change that profile name and upload your new profile picture.

I'm down for the same bet next year!!! "Two-time Super Bowl Champions" has a nice ring to it.

BTW Kaep makes those mistakes because of the Seahawks not Kaep. We adjusted in the 2nd half and made him throw from the pocket, which he cannot do.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-10-2014, 11:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
Bobby still needs to change his photo. I too vote for the one where Lee is getting crushed by Tate. Also shouldn't it be Seahawks #1 fan?
I did think Bobby was pushin it by just adding the seahawks stuff to his name but, I wasn't gonna say anything and was just waiting to see if you guys noticed it. Time to go all the way Bobby. :Sorry man.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-10-2014, 12:20 PM Reply   
GD or Mark,
do you guys think that if Kap throws that last pass further Crabtree would have caught it? It's what Kap keeps saying and when I look at the play I think the only reason Sherman didn't intercept that ball was because it was under thrown.
Also, in the third picture who is in the left flat at the top of the screen? He is wide open on the sideline.

It's so hard to tell where guys should throw the ball because the closing speed of defenses is so incredibly fast. It looks like guys are wide open but by the time the ball gets there they are toast.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-10-2014, 3:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
^^^ That's what I remember. Bobby, change that profile name and upload your new profile picture.

I'm down for the same bet next year!!! "Two-time Super Bowl Champions" has a nice ring to it.

BTW Kaep makes those mistakes because of the Seahawks not Kaep. We adjusted in the 2nd half and made him throw from the pocket, which he cannot do.
I've changed my name already. Now if you guys tell me how to get that picture on my profile i'll do it. I had a windows computer that i knew how to post pictures from. Now i have a i Mac. So tell me how and i'll get it done.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-10-2014, 4:18 PM Reply   
On the last 49er offensive play, KAP should have been more cautious on 1st down with 2 TOs and more than 30 seconds. KAP is not great at ANY hanging pass. He rarely hits the guy in stride. So, this was a very poor choice vs Sherman. Plus, look at the picture below Sherman is in great position as KAP lets go of the ball. A much better choice would be to roll KAP right and hit someone for 10 yards with a fast ball on the sideline or run out of bounds or throw an incomplete pass.
Attached Images

Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-10-2014, 4:59 PM Reply   
^^I like him taking a shot just not against Sherman. Or to Crabtree. If you are going to put it up in the end zone Boldin is a much better option.

Robert, go under your profile, look for "edit profile", then there should be a tab for "photo" and you can upload it there. You'll have to download the picture to your computer first. good luck!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-10-2014, 5:37 PM Reply   
Yeah just go on the image and right click...oh wait...
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-10-2014, 6:08 PM Reply   
I removed my old picture and saved the picture you want to the desktop. When i try to load it it says you can't load this type of file.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-10-2014, 6:11 PM Reply   
Never mind i figured it out. Now you guys ought to be happy.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-11-2014, 9:07 AM Reply   
^^Well done Robert. I had no idea you were such a huge Seahawks fan!! Welcome to the bandwagon.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-11-2014, 1:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
^^Well done Robert. I had no idea you were such a huge Seahawks fan!! Welcome to the bandwagon.
They don't get no bigger than me!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-11-2014, 8:00 PM Reply   
Robert, you are a man. Respect.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-11-2014, 8:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
GD or Mark,
do you guys think that if Kap throws that last pass further Crabtree would have caught it? It's what Kap keeps saying and when I look at the play I think the only reason Sherman didn't intercept that ball was because it was under thrown.
Also, in the third picture who is in the left flat at the top of the screen? He is wide open on the sideline.

It's so hard to tell where guys should throw the ball because the closing speed of defenses is so incredibly fast. It looks like guys are wide open but by the time the ball gets there they are toast.
Given the pic that GD posted, Kap had at least three better options there. None of which had TD guarantees but, it could have been first down again with a stopped clock. Who in their right mind would throw into tight coverage by Sherman??? To answer your question, if he would have had a higher arc and thrown it farther, it would have been 6 and game over for the hawks. Crabtree can catch anything that's even close. Kap needs to shut his mouth, take his lumps and go work on his throwing and decision making skills.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-11-2014, 8:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
On the last 49er offensive play, KAP should have been more cautious on 1st down with 2 TOs and more than 30 seconds. KAP is not great at ANY hanging pass. He rarely hits the guy in stride. So, this was a very poor choice vs Sherman. Plus, look at the picture below Sherman is in great position as KAP lets go of the ball. A much better choice would be to roll KAP right and hit someone for 10 yards with a fast ball on the sideline or run out of bounds or throw an incomplete pass.
Am I blind or does that pic look like there's only ten Niners on the field?
Old     (jefefitz)      Join Date: May 2002       02-11-2014, 9:54 PM Reply   
the 11th is between the 20 and the 25, sandwiched between a niner and a hawk. you can see his legs but not much else.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-11-2014, 10:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefefitz View Post
the 11th is between the 20 and the 25, sandwiched between a niner and a hawk. you can see his legs but not much else.
Thanks. Darn iPad. Cant see anything with real detail on it.