Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-04-2009, 12:40 PM Reply   
The fins that come with the board are the 1.1" fins. My brother in law would like to replace them as they track a little too hard and would like to loosen it up a bit. My question is will the .7" A Wing that was on the same year Murray/Era fit the 3DS? I would assume all of the fins mount the same but I just wanted to double check before I ordered them.

That being said if anyone has the .7 fins and they would like to get rid of them let me know as I will need 4.

Cheers!
Old     (j_money)      Join Date: May 2006       03-04-2009, 1:03 PM Reply   
The A wings and P wings from hyperlite are all interchangeable. Let me recommend the 1.0 P wings for the 3ds. I had an 07 for awhile and thats the setup I found I liked the best. .7 A wings is gonna be a REALLY lose ride but maybe thats how he likes it :-) just a thought.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-04-2009, 1:28 PM Reply   
.7s fo sho. I don't know why the 1.1 is the stock fin, I've never met someone that like them. I ended riding it without fins last year, board is so fast I didn't notice it being slippery.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-04-2009, 1:41 PM Reply   
I rode that board with the .8 P-wings and really liked it that way. It will take some getting used to from the stock fins, but it is a much nicer feel.
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-04-2009, 9:59 PM Reply   
Another vote for the .7 Awing here.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-05-2009, 10:01 AM Reply   
Thanks guys. .7's on there way.
Old     (wakeboarddrumma)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-05-2009, 10:18 AM Reply   
I forget what mine has, but I wanna say i have the .8 P wings. Either way, it rides so much better than the monstrous fins that they originally had on the board. So much better feel on the water.