Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old     (tjhooker)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-03-2004, 12:40 AM Reply   
I own a Supra Launch. I do all the work on it myself. For the last 5 years I have been dealing with this. When I go into South Austin Marine the guys there do not treat me very well (a lot of attitude). Way back in '99 I went there to buy my boat and the sales guy told me the trailer was extra (not true it was included) so I made a deal with the Supra dealer up in Dallas. I saved 3K not being charged for the trailer. Now when I go in there they have no clue about anything. They don't know the proper fuel filter, the proper exhaust cover, the proper plugs, the proper impeller and whatever else you can think of to put in a Launch. They tell me well buy all the sizes and return the ones that don't fit. Shouldn't they know what fits their boats?!?!? I have to go down the street to the Mastercraft dealer to get real help (much different positive attitude). If I call/ask a mechanic at SA Marine about a problem all I get is "bring it in". I don't have many problems with my Launch thank God. I am really happy I went up to Dallas and spent my money up there when I bought my boat because if I had bought it here and then depended on this service I would have been pissed. Has anyone had a similar problem with their local dealer?
Old    sean123            06-03-2004, 5:16 AM Reply   
Mike...

Sorry to hear about the dealer problems. I bought 3 Supra's from WSBD, and they are the bomb. Since you are in Austin, give Marty or Ronnie a shout here in Dallas and they will have all the answers you need. They are great from Sales to Service. Because of them, I will not buy any other brand of boat while I live within 200 miles of thier shop.

Sean
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       06-03-2004, 7:18 AM Reply   
Sorry to hear about your clueless dealer, I just bought an 04 Launch SSV from the Supra dealer here in Seattle, Gonnason Marine, and so far they've been pretty knowledgable and informative.
Old    aircox            06-03-2004, 2:15 PM Reply   
David,I always have my MC serviced at Gonnasons,congrats on your new Supra, everytime I go there for service I dream about the SSV. I think thier service dept is the best around(fast turnaround).Mike, have you spoke to the manager there? Seems hard to believe they don't know what impeller or plugs that goes in a Launch.
Old    skiboat21            06-03-2004, 5:09 PM Reply   
Took my 04 SSV into Gonnasons for a few minor things. Excellent service, fast turnaround.
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       06-03-2004, 6:06 PM Reply   
Sounds like Gonnasons does a bangup job, great. You guys ever ride on Sammamish? I'll be keeping my boat moored there. 2 of the guys I ride with have boats on Lake Washington though so I make it out there pretty often too...Juanita Bay & Kenmore.
Old     (ryan387)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-04-2004, 1:48 PM Reply   
Gonnasons is awesome..I just had a minor problem with my 03 launch ssv and they got it back to me in about 12 hours. this was extremely helpful because i was about to go on a trip. We went to lake Kachess and it was awesome. The water was a little cold but it was GLASS!