Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old    bross            05-24-2004, 1:50 PM Reply   
Does anybody have Fusion Sports speakers on their tower? Please post some pics. Also, has anybody heard these speakers amped up? I am deciding between some Skylon Defocons, the Mako 4-speaker light combo, and the Fusion speakers. Thanks.
Old    jetpilot313            05-24-2004, 4:16 PM Reply   
i spoke the the guy at buywake and he said they have the fusion speakers on their boat he said he worked for skylon for 5 years and they dont even compare to the fusions. he said the fusion speakers are like riding with headfones on
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-24-2004, 4:16 PM Reply   
Do yourself a favor and get the Fusions!!!! I have a set of the T-3 combo's on my Super Air. They are really solid. Using a PPI DCX 1000.4 amp, front channels going to the Fusions (2ohm, 250watts ea.), and the rear channels bridged to a PPI PCX122 subwoofer (4ohm, 500watts). Works awesome (crystal clear @ 80'/24mph). Don't have pictures yet, I'll try to get some this wweek.
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-24-2004, 4:47 PM Reply   
Brian, first off... IMO, you can't go wrong with any of the three setups you mentioned. Personally, I've heard both the Fusion and Mako setup. The Fusions rock. A friend of mine has the Mako combo setup on his '04 X2... it is simply BADA$$. He has the Alpine SPS-170's on the tower and in the boat pushing some clean power to them and they absolutely scream. On top of that, the integrated light bar is hella bright and lights up everything in front and behind you. The LED pods are straight PIMP.

Check out Wakeside.com to see both the Mako and Skylon setups. PM me and I can put you in contact with a Fusion rep. Here are some pics of the Fusion (on '04 X2) and Mako setups (I'll try to get some pics from my buddies '04 X2). Bottom line, the Mako 4 speaker combo gets my vote!

Fusion on X2:

Mako setup pic from Wakeside.com
Old    plane_doc            05-24-2004, 7:05 PM Reply   

Old    triplexracing            05-26-2004, 8:08 PM Reply   
don what kind of amp are using to puch the combos?
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-26-2004, 8:57 PM Reply   
Brian, if you don't have a local dealer, Wakeside.com now offers the Fusion T series for only $999 a pair with free shipping. Check em out!
Old    cws_kahuna            05-27-2004, 7:37 AM Reply   
Dang Jeff I can't believe I never got those pictures to you, my bad. I will get them sent over to you hopefully tonight.

I can say that Jeffs speakers sound wonderful. They are really loud and clear. Not to mention they look really good.

I like that new Mako light/speaker bar too, looks nice anyway.
Old    oshensurfer            05-27-2004, 10:02 AM Reply   
My friend has the Fusions pictured above. They sound really good.

If I was spending that much I think I'd go with the NVS set up though. Just my .02.
Old    bross            05-27-2004, 1:57 PM Reply   
How are the Fusion Lights?
Old    plane_doc            05-27-2004, 3:04 PM Reply   
Dodge

I am using a JL audio 450/4 power the tower
Old    triplexracing            05-27-2004, 4:12 PM Reply   
don do have the combos split up? looks like they have a terminal for each can?
Old     (steve_b)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-28-2004, 6:51 PM Reply   
Here's a shot of the TX Mastercraft demo boat.

Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-29-2004, 3:00 AM Reply   
The Fusion Combos only have one set of terminals. Here are some close-ups from our image gallery:

http://www.wakesiderides.com/index.php?page=images&id=23&f=23.jpg

Mike
Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-29-2004, 8:50 AM Reply   
That TX Mastercraft demo boat is one nice looking setup!

I just think for that kind of money, you're much better off with this...
nvs
...if you want to be heard coming from a mile away.

Old    triplexracing            05-29-2004, 9:09 AM Reply   
i know they only have one set of terminal cause i have a set but dons looks modified. look at the ends of the combos look like terminals to me
Old    stevenf            05-29-2004, 4:17 PM Reply   
i second that i have the nvs for the $$$ get the NVS no hands down can the fusion compare. You will be heard a mile away. It definetly will turn heads
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-29-2004, 4:35 PM Reply   
I can't speak for Brian, but I don't need to turn heads, and I don't need to be heard a mile away. Just 80', and the Fusions do that really well.
Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-30-2004, 12:36 AM Reply   
The Fusions sell for $1000/pair with free shipping, no sales tax, and reward points. For some reason I thought the NVS cost a lot more than that. What do the NVS sell for?
Old    swass            05-30-2004, 7:28 AM Reply   
$1600 to $1800 per pair for http://www.nvs1.net/Tower_Speakers.htm.

(Message edited by swass on May 30, 2004)
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-30-2004, 8:48 AM Reply   
I think for looks and sound quality, Fusion is the way to go. For those who want to amp the crap out of their tower and wake the dead, sounds like NVS is your ticket.
I have asked a couple stereo shops about Diamond Audio and they say top of the top.

I'll be putting some T's on my tower.
Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-30-2004, 12:53 PM Reply   
"I think for looks and sound quality, Fusion is the way to go. For those who want to amp the crap out of their tower and wake the dead, sounds like NVS is your ticket.
I have asked a couple stereo shops about Diamond Audio and they say top of the top."

Those Fusions will definitely sound great when you're sitting in the boat! They also look very cool. But when you mention sound quality, I feel you may be slightly misinformed. I like to be able to hear every word and note loud and clear while I'm riding. There's no car audio based system that's going to do this, unless the people in the boat are getting blown up.

Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-30-2004, 8:44 PM Reply   
Not correct, Joe. I have my system adjusted so that I can turn the volume to 20, the rider can hear everything, and it doesn't blast anyone out in the boat (person in the observer seat does get a full body massage from the 12" sub).
Old     (michale)      Join Date: May 2004       06-01-2004, 8:25 AM Reply   
nvs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!