Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (shredsthegnar)      Join Date: May 2010       06-10-2010, 5:56 AM Reply   
has anyone been out there yet to check it out its about 3hrs from where i live so i havent made the trip out there yet?/? is it worth the drive.
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-10-2010, 6:03 AM Reply   
I know this thing was supposed to be done along time ago.I checked it out on google earth (not sure how often the view is updated) but it still looked like a lot of dirt and little water. I am not entirely sure but ill be around that area this weekend and ill try to cruise by
Old     (nbigger)      Join Date: May 2008       06-10-2010, 6:52 AM Reply   
They have a facebook site with photos looks to be up and running now.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-10-2010, 7:42 AM Reply   
Up, running, and fully operational. This is the only site in the Midwest with 4-lakes. One for cable and three for boats. The final site will be 6-boat lakes. Perhaps a large cable park across the street once the place sells out.
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       06-10-2010, 8:38 AM Reply   
Went there last thursday not really expecting too much, thought $25 an hour was a bit much. I had to share the cable with one guy for 10 minutes then had it to myself for 50 minutes. Talk about sore and tired!!! Had a great time and EVERYBODY was super cool there and helpful. Johnathan Naldowski(sp) is the pro for boat lessons, pretty cool for michigan! They let me go a few minutes over my time then gave me a stack of $5 off coupons.

Not a place I would go daily but a fun trip with the bro's every week or so. I think they are adding another 200+ feet to the cable. Best part of all, when you fall they just bring the handle back to you and you deepwater start, no swimming to shore!!!!!! Cool, place, check it out. I will be the old guy riding there tonight with the knee brace.
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-10-2010, 10:36 AM Reply   
THis is awesome, Ill definitley be checking it out
Old     (zoodsmak)      Join Date: Feb 2009       06-10-2010, 1:04 PM Reply   

Not sure how to embed videos... shot by Spencer Norris.
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-10-2010, 3:12 PM Reply   
a full cable on that lake would be sweet, its 30 mins from my house, rather than driving to wake nation once a month...I would be the frist to buy a season pass the day it opens!
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       06-10-2010, 7:16 PM Reply   
Cool video!

That adjustable rail is a neat idea, but I am very surprised to see a rail with exposed support posts at a public cable park. Seems like a lot of liability there.
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       06-11-2010, 7:50 AM Reply   
Dan the posts are pretty padded.
I was just there last night and they might change their pricing, I think they said $40 all day and $20 or $25 after 4:00. They also said they are adding a new feature in the next week.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-11-2010, 10:31 AM Reply   
Padded or not, going from 18mph-0 into a steel support beam is going to break something, and prob not the support beam
Old     (zoodsmak)      Join Date: Feb 2009       06-11-2010, 12:38 PM Reply   
Cost of playing with a 70 foot rail that can become an a-frame, flatbar,or rooftop with the push of a remote button! ha ha
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-11-2010, 1:54 PM Reply   
Lower the price will help...its only 38 for an all day pass at wake nation and 6 people can ride at the same time...paying 40 for all day is still a stretch but if its not busy it would be worth it...
Old     (shredsthegnar)      Join Date: May 2010       06-11-2010, 4:57 PM Reply   
can you just show up and ride or do you have to call and make a appointment
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-12-2010, 5:08 AM Reply   
The ride is so intense, you will be exhausted and sore in half the time of a loop cable system. You are in the sweet spot of the rails all the time - that is what you pay for on a cable. Try it and see.