Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-31-2009, 4:22 PM Reply   
I just picked up some new 08's Thursday and tried them out last night. They are the closed toe and I like how they feel, but the laces will not stay tight. It seems the left boot is worse than the right. It appears I need to tighten the hinge too, but that shouldn't affect the laces.

Anyone else have this issue? Is there a fix?
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-31-2009, 5:30 PM Reply   
Yes I have had that issue with my Zeus bindings. You have to make sure that the lace clip is tight. If lose, the laces become loose. $.02
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-31-2009, 6:17 PM Reply   
I think the clip for the Zeus bindings are different. The newer ones may be the same, but my 07 Zeus bindings have a different style which seems to hold pretty well.
Old     (bbsxkills)      Join Date: Dec 2008       07-31-2009, 6:26 PM Reply   
I've had a little trouble of that nature with my 09 Answers but as David said, you just gotta be sure the little clip is pushed all the way. If the outer lining of the lace strips off like mine do after a lot of use then they won't stay tight and you just gotta get some new laces. Shoe laces work fine, they work for me and you can get different colors and look sooo good with your customzzz.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-31-2009, 6:36 PM Reply   
^^^ Agreed. The 08 answers and the 08 zues have the same clips. Make sure you push that clip closed. I know, it's a pain in the butt but I have had the clip come loss a few times while boarding and couldn't figure it out. Then I remembered my friend with his 08 Factions had the same issue with the clip.

But, the laces have to be in good condition and not torn up either.

Jeff: are you using normal laces like a ribbon or the cylindar style laces? Hope that makes sense.
Old     (bbsxkills)      Join Date: Dec 2008       07-31-2009, 8:42 PM Reply   
Hahhaaha that confused me so bad at first David but I'm pretty sure I know what you mean. I'm using normal laces because they last longer rather than "cylinder" laces.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-31-2009, 8:56 PM Reply   
It confused me...

cylindar laces like what originally comes with the bindings while normal laces are similar with what shoes have. ;)

You still use the clips? How in the heck do you get those laces into the clip?
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       08-01-2009, 9:39 AM Reply   
How are the Answers different than the Zues? The laces suck on the newer Zues.
Old     (bbsxkills)      Join Date: Dec 2008       08-01-2009, 11:42 AM Reply   
Yeah I still use the clips. You just gotta be really really patient when you're pushing the lace through the clip. Some needle nose pliers come in handy
Old     (snowman89)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-01-2009, 12:43 PM Reply   
I got the faction bindings and they almost always loosen up in the middle of my ride. I love my faction board so much but I think I'm done with cwb bindings.
Old     (scooby76)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-01-2009, 2:10 PM Reply   
I had a problem with the laces on my Ronix doing the same thing. always would loosen up halfway through a set.

If you have an REI close get these cheap fix and then work perfects.

http://www.rei.com/product/612218
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-03-2009, 8:17 AM Reply   
Looks like my issue was user error. Once I figured out how they actually worked, I had no issues with them all weekend. Love the boots! They fit great!

Now I just hope they don't start stinking like I've read about a few closed toe boots.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-03-2009, 10:15 AM Reply   
Ive run my 08 Zeus' all season and they have yet to stink or even smell funky....and our lake is def one that could cause that...hang the board on the wall or somethin so it constantly is draining and you should be fine...
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-03-2009, 10:58 AM Reply   
I put a pair of Skate shoe laces in mine. The round ones that most skate shoes come with. Takes a little work to get the ends back through the clasps but keeps them tighter than ever. Try it out, your problems will be solved.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-03-2009, 12:18 PM Reply   
Rob - Do you have a picture?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-03-2009, 12:23 PM Reply   
I wonder how these work? I am so sick of the lace locks coming loose on my '09 Hyperlite Murrays while I am riding.
http://www.locklaces.com/
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-03-2009, 12:50 PM Reply   
Eubanks, i dont, i actually just sent them in for some warranty work. But all i did was take the top laces out. undid the knot on the little plastic pull thing and slid that out then the locking mechanism, then pulled the laces out. Used the round thicker styLe laces from an old pair of skate shoes. laced it back up, put on the locking thing (make sure its the right way) then put on the pull thing and tied a knot. any lace thats a little thicker than the original should work ok. Only hard part is getting the thicker lace back through the locking mech. I used a coat hanger to push it through then some needle nose to pull it through all the way.
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-03-2009, 12:52 PM Reply   
http://cgi.ebay.com/45%22-GRAY-with-BLACK-boot-skate-shoe-laces-strings-round_W0QQitemZ390047351750QQcmdZViewItem

Something like these laces