Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (hyperlite30601)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-20-2006, 10:41 PM Reply   
I am trying to talk my dad into getting rid of our I/O and pick up a 1996 correct craft sport nautique at a local dealer. I was wondering if any of you have had any experience with this boat and what kind of wakeboarding boat it would be
Old    walt            07-20-2006, 10:50 PM Reply   
I rode behind one last year and the wake was just fine.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-20-2006, 11:12 PM Reply   
Does your Dad like to ski? That boat was designed to be a larger family size ski boat. That may be a helpful selling point for your Dad or family.

BUT!!! (here's the kicker) It has the same hull as the Super Air Nautique!!!! With weight and at wakeboard speeds it will throw an incredible wake.

Plus it is a Nautique, and if it has been cared for properly it will be a reliable boat for years to come. I'd keep working on your old man if I were you!
Old     (kystyle)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-21-2006, 11:19 AM Reply   
I have '95 and I love it. My family bought it in 2000 and we haven't had any major problems with it (knock on wood). I run two 500# sacs on each side of the motor box and about 300# in the ski locker. Throws a very nice wake.

A couple of things your dad might like:
Handles very well
As mentioned previously, it's a Nautique (quality construction and performance)
If you can get a tower with racks it really minimizes the clutter around the boat.
In my opinion, maintenance on an inboard is much easier than on an I/O

Just try and get him to test drive it (he will love it).
Old     (biz)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-21-2006, 11:35 AM Reply   
Same here, i have a 95 and no major problems (knock on wood again). One ignition relay, a steering cable, a tune up, oil changes and an impeller a year is all i have done. I have had it since 96.
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-21-2006, 1:13 PM Reply   
I had a 96 Sport and must say that I sorta miss it. It was totally reliable good looking (really liked the euro tail) and it through a really nice wake. When I had my 96' I was skiing and wakeboarding but, gradually migrated to wakeboarding and the ski was retired. I did add ballast/tower etc.
Properly weighted it'll make a really nice wake, solid, predictable and fairly large.

Chris
Get the Grip you Deserve
www.wakejunky.com
Old     (hyperlite30601)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-22-2006, 6:38 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the help i am getting my dad to go look at the boat next time we go out to the lake
Old     (wakemaniac69)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-27-2006, 11:46 AM Reply   
Love all the correct crafts and nautique family. Can't go wrong with that one. Get him to drive it and go for a ski behind it....sold. Let the boat sell itself, it's that simple. i hope you guys get it.
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-27-2006, 12:34 PM Reply   
That boat skiis really bad... I demoed it many years ago and did loke it ski-wise. It has a sick wakeboarding wake though. Put 1000 lbs in that thing and you will love it for wakeboarding.

The thing about the hull. That boat does not have the same hul as the 99-2001 Sport Nautiques. It am pretty sure it was different in 1996. I owned a 2000 Sport and it skiied very nicely.
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-27-2006, 12:37 PM Reply   
Sorry for the typo... I meant to type... "and did NOT like it ski-wise"
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-02-2006, 12:17 AM Reply   
That boat is probably a pretty good bet, I have heard many good things about it
Old     (mopowpow)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-02-2006, 12:21 PM Reply   
We have a 93 Sport Nautique which is the same hull. Anything from 93-97 are great wakeboard boats. It has a better wake than our friend's 98 Sport. It is OK for skiing at recreational speeds 28-32 mph. The sking doesn't compare to the newer tournament ski boats but is about the same a a Ski Nautique from the same era.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-02-2006, 1:47 PM Reply   
I had a 94 sport for 12 years. Wake was good for skiing. Had friend ski 28off @ 36 many times. I could only make it to 22off @ 32. Last few years we loaded it with 1500lbs and had a SAN wake (same hull/wetted surface as the SAN thru 06)for boarding.
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-02-2006, 5:22 PM Reply   
A guy who can ski at 36 mph and 28 off is in an entirly different league than most people... so let me clarify how I feel about that wake. At 30 mph, and 15 off (the most common setup for people just starting to do the ski course), the wake is challenging to say the least. The first wake is easy, it pushes your knees up... Comming off the second is the problem. If you have good form, this won't bother you. For me, at the end of my sets, I am not as strong and my body starts to give, and coming off that second wake made me feel like I was going over the top of the ski. So I guess it depends on the level of skier.