Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old    xtremebordgurl            12-15-2003, 11:17 AM Reply   
My computer doesn't like the discussion board, its fine with every site, even wakeworld, but as soon as I click on discussion board it kicks me off. I'm on my friends comp now, I've got a whole bunch of anti-pop up spyware stuff an I don't know if maybe that has anything to do with it... if u're good with comps and could send some my tips my way, I'd really appreciate it. Thanx a bunch!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-15-2003, 12:42 PM Reply   
What do you mean by "it kicks me off?" What happens exactly?
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       12-15-2003, 3:54 PM Reply   
some anti popup software will not allow a new browser screen to come up such as wakeworld. try holding down the control key as you click on the discussion link and see if that works. What that does is disable some of the popup software for that single click. Also, I would run a spyware program and remove all the stuff it suggests.
Old     (boardinbeast)      Join Date: May 2003       12-15-2003, 4:03 PM Reply   
May I sugest spybot, it usually does a pretty good job. Search for "SpyBot Search and Destroy" on google, It'll be one of the first few results. Spyware and adware suck. Good luck.
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       12-15-2003, 5:18 PM Reply   
I agree with David, I found out about Spybot from this board and it kicks a**
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-15-2003, 5:34 PM Reply   
It is almost certainly your pop up blocker. I couldn't get on wakepics a while ago. I disabled my pop up blocker and got right back on. I turned it back on and couldn't get on again. Spybot is great to get rid of trojan horses and worms. But that's probably not your problem.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-15-2003, 5:36 PM Reply   
Adaware doesn't suck but spybot is much better. I use both.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       12-15-2003, 7:29 PM Reply   
If you are still having problems after using the spybot and figuring out your popup stopper, go to this website and search for your problem. I have solved Many problems using this link. In their forums you will find them refering you to a link to a program called "hijackthis" It is a MUST to get this simple program and run it. I use it every day to eliminate programs that literally hijack your internet explorer program and cause problems. You get these hijacking problems from any website you visit. They come thru on cookies. Good luck.
http://forums.techguy.org/index.php?s=361b7e4d1e9487c52437dae02367aab0

(Message edited by colorider on December 15, 2003)