Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (jonfo)      Join Date: May 2002       07-26-2009, 3:30 PM Reply   
Just saw crue tour bus on w lk samm near little store then saw tommy lee on a boat. About 10 minutes later i got a call from a friend that confirmed that it was actually them. I guess they are playing tomorrow night at white river and rented a house on the lake rather than a hotel downtown. i will try to find them and take some pics today...
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       07-26-2009, 3:53 PM Reply   
not surprised, ran into him on Castaic many times. I am surprised that Motley Crue is back together
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-26-2009, 3:53 PM Reply   
I saw them last Feb, and they were one of the best shows I have ever seen in my life.
Old     (hockey9)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-26-2009, 4:18 PM Reply   
They just were here in ND friday to play for our State Fair. Theory of a Deadman opened for them. Heard it was a good time
Old     (jonfo)      Join Date: May 2002       07-26-2009, 5:54 PM Reply   
Some bad picks from my dock on my cannon sd630 with digital zoom. they were too far away but snapped some. tried to wave them in but a guy on a dock waving i guess was not enough to get them to stop by, dont blame them...

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (mikes)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-26-2009, 5:57 PM Reply   
Looks like they have good taste in boats
Old     (jinxton)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-26-2009, 6:02 PM Reply   
Going to see them Saturday night at The Joint @ the Hard Rock. Playing with God Smack, can't wait!
Old     (mikebu)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-26-2009, 6:46 PM Reply   
I was on the lake today and saw that boat a couple of times wake surfing. They looked like they were having a good time...
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-26-2009, 8:24 PM Reply   
I'll see them on Friday
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-26-2009, 9:56 PM Reply   
Seeing them on thurs at shoreline...anyone else going?
Old    murrayair            07-27-2009, 2:15 AM Reply   
There was an article somewhere (maybe here or wakeboarding mag, i don't remember) about how Tommy Lee is an avid wakeboarder. Doesn't surprise me that Crue was out on the water.

Although I like Motely Crue, seeing Godsmack would be awesome. I've seen them a few times before and they put on a VERY good show every time!
Old     (john_d)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-27-2009, 9:36 AM Reply   
Seeing them tonight at White River!
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-27-2009, 3:22 PM Reply   
I stayed with Tommy for a month while he was recording one of his solo albums out at Canyon. They rented Randy's parent's old place. They are definitely into riding and having a good time on the lake!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-27-2009, 3:56 PM Reply   
I'd go see Motley Crue, but it seems like Vince Neil has forgotten how to sing! He needs an intervention! :-)

http://www.wakeworld.com/Articles/2001/TommyLee.asp
Old     (jonfo)      Join Date: May 2002       07-28-2009, 2:54 PM Reply   
Went and saw Crue last night at white river, they really played well, i was impressed. Vince's voice was right on except when he did Shout At The Devil, it seemed to be played a little fast and he wasn’t keeping up with the lyrics like the studio version, but otherwise excellent.

To complete my story of the Crue on Sammamish, I got more info today that was super coincidence...

I had arthroscopic knee surgery last Monday and went in today to see the doctor for a followup visit. He knows we live on Sammamish so when he sees my wife and me he tells us his brother who also lives on the lake had some interesting house guests over the weekend. We immediately said, yah it must have been Tommy Lee, wasn’t it? He was surprised we knew and went on to tell the story. When the band arrived at the 4 seasons in Seattle Saturday they told their tour manager (or whoever manages that stuff) they wanted to be on a lake. Not sure which members but Tommy for sure. My doctor's brother got a call Saturday sometime from a music industry friend in LA asking if they could come to his house and hang out and gave him Tommy's cell #. He called Tommy and they said they would be over after they finished some stuff up. They ended up arriving at midnight and went down to his dock and had drinks for a few hours. The next day when they got up they went out on his Nautique with him and passed our house which is what the pictures are above. Anyway, small world. I will have to try to meet up with them somehow when they tour again during the summer in this area...

Upload
Old     (john_d)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-29-2009, 11:48 AM Reply   
Tommy actually mentioned how nice it is in Seattle with the lakes and trees during the show.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-29-2009, 2:00 PM Reply   
Whaddaya know...

Somebody that actually surfs Sammamish when the water is f'd up. Normally, the surfers on Sammamish need glass conditions, have to run down the middle of the lake at all times, and promptly power turn to get back to the fallen rider.
Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-29-2009, 5:49 PM Reply   
I took these at CrueFest last year in Detroit. Great show, I can't wait to see them again in a few weeks.

Somewhat related, has anyone read Nikki Sixx's Heroin Diaries? It is by far the best book I've ever read.

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-30-2009, 4:02 PM Reply   
Very cool, I've read Nikkis book. I wouldn't say it's the best book I've ever read but it was very good. It's difficult to read because it hasn't been touched up by a publisher or writer, it's written by a strung out addict and if feels that way. It's a real eye opener. If you liked that one, check out Scar Tissue from Anthony Keidis. That's a killer book.
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       07-30-2009, 4:31 PM Reply   
"The Dirt" is one of my favorite books of all time! Read it in 2 days while on tour...Holy crap! Those guys were nutz! New level of respect for them after reading it.