Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (whitlecj)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-05-2008, 7:33 AM Reply   
Hey guys. I am a low level intermediate rider (360's and close on backrolls) and I considering purchasing an 07 slingshot setup. I currently ride and 07 Shane setup. I am in my mid 30's and mainly looking at slingshot in hopes it will be a bit easier on the old body. I have a partially torn acl(Dr. does not recommend surgery at this point as my knee is stable, where cti2 brace)and a bad ankle. The 07 boots don't scare me as I where a lace up ankle brace on my bad ankle anyway, so I am used to it taking a while getting geared up. I don't have anywhere around me to demo the board but I am very curious about the soft landings and the potential for more pop out of these boards. I am about 5-8 and 170 lbs, what size slingshot should I look at? I have heard you may want to go bigger with these boards but don't know. Also is the boot sizing pretty accurate? I where a 9.5 shoe so I am assuming I should go with the size 10 boot?

I am really hoping to start sticking some inverts this year and improve my riding. Are these boards to far from the traditional wakeboard to let me do that easily? Thanks for any input you can give.