Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old     (scotthetland)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-26-2003, 7:19 PM Reply   
I have an '88 SN 2001 and am thinking of maybe getting a sack from Lets Go Ride. I'm wondering on what others have done for bow ballast in closed bow boats. Also, does anybody know what size of sack I should be putting up there? Dimensions? I would like at least 350 lbs up there.
Old     (sandbag)      Join Date: May 2002       03-27-2003, 7:00 AM Reply   
I used to put a 550 LaunchPad in the closed
bow of my SkiRay.
I would suggest permanent plumbing. It was
bee-atch to crawl in there to attach the hose
every time. I used a simer reversible pump
It made it easy to fill and drain with out
climbing in there. The other thing I wish
I had done was a flow meter or something
I would have to leave the seat open
when filling or draining. I didn't have much seating as it was, and usually had to have someone
get up so I could watch the bag.

A hard tank with an overflow would prolly be ideal
Old     (scotthetland)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-27-2003, 12:44 PM Reply   
I was thinking of Lets Go Ride so that I could get three openings. I want a permanent fill, drain, and vent line. I am most likely getting aerator pumps. Were you able to fill the 550 completely? I am not familiar with SkiRay.
Thanks
Old     (sandbag)      Join Date: May 2002       03-31-2003, 6:57 AM Reply   
Pretty much. If I had used a 90* elbow
at the waterbed connection I could have filled
it all the way. I was always watching
that I didn't crunch the connection.}
Old    cpj            04-07-2003, 8:29 PM Reply   
I have been installing a lot of plastic tanks that wedge up in the bow and permanently bolt into place. One thing you want to be careful for is keeping at least a 2:1 rear/bow weight ratio so you don't get into bow submerging, or the unability to turn problems that can be dangerous and are sometimes encountered with ballast systems. An inline reversable pump provides the watersupply and fills at a rate of 20gal/min. A ballast switch is placed on the dash and can be filled or emptied at any time or any speed. The system is very user friendly and installs (for the average joe) in about 4-6 hours. If you have any questions feel free to email me at cpjishere@excite.com
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-09-2003, 1:50 PM Reply   
200lbs iron plates wrapped in plastic in 1995 prostar 190 bow. Was plenty with 2 350lb sides and 550lb sac in rear.