Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (truebeachbum)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-03-2009, 9:29 AM Reply   
befor we had loud music they still had something against me, im one of the only boats up there that rides everyday and i run ballast and i jam untill the rider falls then turn it down. when im driving in i turn the tower speakers off. wakeboarding is new at bwood and they arnt used to seeing all the wakeboardboats now all you see is a tube behind a tige being wreakless i say foucus more on them. i have a big wake but i mostly ride in the open lake and i know where my wakes are going.
Old     (truebeachbum)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-03-2009, 9:38 AM Reply   
its a battle we have fought for a few years now. and i didn't realize how many people were linked to bwood. i thought it was a no name lake that nobody has herd of so its nice to see it getting put on the map. i say yall all come out to brownwood and we all ride. i would love to see more wakeboarders there.
Old     (aroed)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-03-2009, 9:59 AM Reply   
why is everyone hating on the wakeboarders. this site is for wake boarders. freedom of speech, were allowed to say police if there gonna hassle us. just because were 18 doesnt put us in the wrong or mean we have less rights. you try to take wakeboarding away from me ill tell you the same thing. its what i love and the music comes along with it. were just out there to have a good time and enjoy our summer. were probably more safe than most people out there were not driving as fast as we can drunk across the lake and im also a certified lifegaurd. so theres nothing wrong with what were doing.
Old     (roverjohn)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-03-2009, 10:08 AM Reply   
Well, except playing your music too loud and bothering others. Just because we're all wakeboarders doesn't mean we're going to pat you on the back and say "good job making us all look bad". Why can't you use an Ipod for your soundtrack? Play as loud as you want and no one but you hears it. Freedom of Speech should also mean Freedom from Speech for others and everyone else shouldn't have to move to be free.

(Message edited by roverjohn on April 03, 2009)
Old     (aroed)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-03-2009, 10:18 AM Reply   
having and ipod can be dangerous in the water allowing you to not hear which can cause for a dangerous situation on the water. when someone falls we turn it down everyone is safe. im not asking for a pat on the back im asking for you to stop trying to rip me for being me instead of doing what you would like me to do. and look bad to who. you look bad to me trying hate on wakeboarders for having style and having fun. Music goes hand in hand with the industry. look at all the videos, they all have soundtracks that go with them. just because your older doesnt make you correct and im not trying to be a jerk but your from a different generation and i would appreciate it if you would be a little more open minded and not sterotypical because i wakeboard and listen to music. so if you want ill be at bwood all summer so come down and ill give ya a pull bc thats what wakeboarding is about having fun.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-03-2009, 10:33 AM Reply   
One day you will realize that the world does not revolve around you. Other people have just as much right to be free from your music as you do to listen to it.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-03-2009, 10:52 AM Reply   
I will say I'm amazed at what some people put into their boat audio/electronics. Five batteries, amps galore, led lights, lighted cup holders, underwater lights..... I guess the sport for some is pimping the ride not the actual ride. My boat get wet from riders, rain storms, waves, blown spray and a good beating from the sun. How do you keep all that electronic stuff running? Too much work for me I'd rather be on the boat than under the dash.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-03-2009, 11:01 AM Reply   
Don't you know Austin rules the water and what he says goes. Spoken like a true KID! "ripping me for being me" Get over yourself kid. You ain't the first to want loud music. HAHAAHA there are 100's of others being "me" How about the loud music blaring from the tower? You may not here a horn or the driver may be ditsracted and not here the spotter. Works both ways. You will grow up one day and realize how wrong you are. Til then enjoy the sport and be prepared to get boarded and hassled, but don't blame the ploeeces blame yourself ;)
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-03-2009, 11:01 AM Reply   
On the lakes around here, I have been pulled over for loud music, meanwhile a Cigarette boat with straight pipes whips by at 65 MPH...

It is all about common sense. If the music is vulgar, keep it down.
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-03-2009, 11:04 AM Reply   
since when can you infringe upon others in the name of fun?
Old     (huskykr)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-03-2009, 11:06 AM Reply   
"Your freedom to choose where to swing your arm ends where someone else's nose begins."

Don't get so caught up in fighting for your own rights that you forget everyone else has rights as well.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-03-2009, 11:09 AM Reply   
Being almost 30 I feel like I am caught in the middle. I agree that loud music is great and I pump it as well at the appropriate times. But the older side of me also realizes everyone can hear it and may not want to and that it can be disturbing to others. We hang out in the middle of the lake at night with the led's all going listening to music. All my friend's want me to turn it up but I am mindful of my neighbors and know they don't want to hear it.
When your younger the I don't give a #### rules the mentality but that will slowly fade to common sense as you get older and you'll find yourself saying " you damn kids" about the same things you used to do.

So if you have your boat stereo cranked and don't care about others do you do the same thing at home? You can argue how it's different but it's really not.

I also don't understand how you can have the music so loud while your riding and still be sitting at the back of the boat only a few feet away from the speakers. My stereo goes pretty loud as well but I never really have them that loud cause the people sitting in the back wouldn't be able to even hear themselves talk.

If you were ever the unfortunate one that was stuck on a beach all day you would realize how annoying it can be.

Apparently I'm getting too old.
Old     (truebeachbum)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-03-2009, 11:19 AM Reply   
all in all now that i think about it, spring break i jammed just like last year i dont think its gunna be that big of a deal we just gotta be smart this year.
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-03-2009, 11:48 AM Reply   
You complainers, look in the classifieds section on this board, profile pics, and wetsounds threads. You're the minority. Stop using age as a reason that someone can't have a voice you're being oppressive. I can't believe texas of all states is willing to vote away a freedom like this. Then again our last prez was from there too and made a law where at his will could arrest and tap lines for no reason. It's amazing people put laws in place banning freedoms for a small nuisance.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-03-2009, 12:02 PM Reply   
Been there done that. I've raised hell with the best of them to the point I think it's a privilege to still be walking on this earth and I sure many older persons commenting would agree. You may think it, but your youth is not different than ours. I don't think there is a older person commenting who does not understand and appreciate the younger person's views. Also, I doubt the boarders on this site want to trample their rights to ride or let other do the same. Just as you think someone is trampling on your rights, your probably trampling on theirs and they will defend themselves as well.

For myself I can say age has taught me to pick fights with an understanding of other's views, rights and ability to win.

It's not age Dave it's experience and perspective although it sounds like your probably getting a little lazy.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-03-2009, 12:21 PM Reply   
Scott, Your true fight is not with the people commenting on this board. The points are all valid and none of us want our right to ride diminished especially to spite others. Oppressive would be Dave removing your right to express your opinion. Remember, there are those out there who would like put us all in canoes and paddleboats. I understand loud music gives them more ammunition. What do we have to fight back with? Be nice we have rights doesn't win against noise pollution and distructive wakes?
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-03-2009, 1:48 PM Reply   
this thread reminds me of people getting mad during christmas because the stores are busy. lakes should have a time where you can bump it and a time where you cant. like 9:00am to 7:00 pm. thats the best of both worlds. if you want a quiet lake. buy a piece of land and dig a hole, put water in in it and call it your lake. other then that. stop complaining. we re all here together. deal with it. plus. i think songs that have f bombs in them should not be played.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-03-2009, 1:51 PM Reply   

quote:

You're the minority.

Come on, do you really believe that? Consider the total population that uses and lives on a lake. Not true for all lakes, but overall anglers FAR outnumber wakeboarders. It is a fact that erosion and noise are one of the biggest topics of concern for waterfront property owners (except dizzyj, apparently ;), and wakeboarders ALWAYS come up in their HOA / city council discussions.
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-03-2009, 2:08 PM Reply   
amen all eyez.

trace its situational bro. My lakes dont have erosion because its ROCK. We also don't have houses and people in them crying from the noise.
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-03-2009, 2:12 PM Reply   
I dont give a f*ck im playing my music aloud and proud!
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-03-2009, 2:17 PM Reply   
aswell, lets be honest if you time to bitch about someones music i personally think you may have to much time on your hands go do something!
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-03-2009, 2:18 PM Reply   
"It's amazing people put laws in place banning freedoms for a small nuisance."

If this went up your street for a mile turned around, and came back the other way and repeated this from 11A til 7P, you might not think it a minor nuisance. And if this did happen to you, the only solution would be to move to a 300 acre ranch so your house didn't have to near roads where people liked to play their music loud.

Upload
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-03-2009, 2:19 PM Reply   
come on atthelake, you're bogartin all the fun
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-03-2009, 2:21 PM Reply   
Are you not at work from 11 am to 7pm...? i know i am.... aswell if they did it on the weekends who cares im on the lake that car has nothing to do with me!
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-03-2009, 2:28 PM Reply   
The reason I don't have the scenario above is because I DONT LIVE ON A LAKE!!! what appeal would someone have to cruise @ my house with the music cranked? my point? MOVE or STFU.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-03-2009, 2:36 PM Reply   
It is also about being good stewards of the sport, which ultimately protects its existence.

Wakeboarding has not suffered anywhere near the loss of riding areas that offroading has. Nobody with a clue thinks loud dirtbikes are cool.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-03-2009, 2:37 PM Reply   
lol, is that a nitendo game cube in the right hand corner? lmfao.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-03-2009, 2:43 PM Reply   
You guys are gonna really flame me for this, but I think that this is part of the reason for our problems in this country. It seems no one has respect for others. Move or STFU? Really? It is one thing to have your music loud, but is another to have it loud and be bothering others.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-03-2009, 2:46 PM Reply   
That wagon will bruise the bananas. All the fruit will have to ride up front.
Old     (peter19u)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-03-2009, 2:50 PM Reply   
I agree. Seems like no one has common courtesy any more these days. Pretty sad. Must have to do with the way you are raised as a kid.
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-03-2009, 3:16 PM Reply   
Mike (ponyh8r): he's made a whole thread about crying and trying to relate it to me which 1) he can't and 2) I won't buy a house on a lake because of the noise and potential for vandalism I realize before signing the papers.

I never once admitted that I abused my stereo, I use profane loud music to run off tubers ONLY BECAUSE they won't listen if I ask nicely. I guess I am just sick of the crying about people enjoying themselves. I am mad because this law would potentially impact me and I wouldn't be happy because of that. Some dick water cop would ticket me because it's LAW not because I'm the rare exception (which is apparently the case).

A reasonable example would be something along the following in my eyes.

You live in an apartment and your neighbors are laughing and having a good time, no music no electronics just laughing and talking. You call the cops because they're "making noise" AKA having a good time. You one person, deem yourself more important than a group of people having a good time. IMO greater good having a good time versus one pr!kc on his sofa in a lakehouse. It's a totally different think to have SPL drags pointed @ someone's house for 2 weeks but cmon.

You're what I like to call a HATER and collected all the other haters to cry about other people having loud music and pick on people because they're younger than you. Live and let live stop making more laws.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-03-2009, 3:20 PM Reply   
Like I have said in earlier posts, the music doesn't bother me much and I would be the last to call the law, so I won't be the buzz kill for anyone cruising with your thumpers on. It does p#ss some of the neighbors off and like has been said repeatedly, Courtesy and Respect for others will help all of us wakeboarders. Maybe this thread will get at lest some of you to think about the other boats or houses around you before cranking that amp the next time you are out, but it is clear, getting some of you to think about anyone but yourselves is a lost cause.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-03-2009, 5:46 PM Reply   
"I never once admitted that I abused my stereo, I use profane loud music to run off tubers ONLY BECAUSE they won't listen if I ask nicely. I guess I am just sick of the crying about people enjoying themselves. I am mad because this law would potentially impact me and I wouldn't be happy because of that. Some dick water cop would ticket me because it's LAW not because I'm the rare exception (which is apparently the case). "

SCOTT
You make zero sense

Living in your apt and calling the cops on your neighbors with 0 sounds would be more compareable to calling on ski boats cruising up and down the lake with just their natural engine noise alone being a factor. You analogy is waaaaaaaay off base.

What about those tubers? They are having fun! I am sur there is a group of them on the boat. Why should they care about one p#$CK who wants calm water? IF you want calm water get up at sun-up. Guess you way of thinking only fits the bill when you want it for your advantage.

While I agree the laws will pertain to some of us that do adhere to the rules and show respect......bottom line is don't blame the poleece or the people around the lake for this. Blame those with the 0 respect for others. Those are the ones on the lake that should be getting the earful. Not the people instituting the laws or enforcing them.

Under some peoples thinking if you don't like gettimg stopped by the poleece then go to a different lake.

(Message edited by xstarrider on April 03, 2009)
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-03-2009, 9:17 PM Reply   
lol are you drunk?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-03-2009, 9:29 PM Reply   
just drugged up :-)
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-03-2009, 9:30 PM Reply   
Norco rocks
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-04-2009, 3:15 AM Reply   
This whole thread is silly. Be good to each other, people!!! Turn the music down!
Old     (truebeachbum)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-05-2009, 12:06 AM Reply   
do you all want to know the funniest thing about all this? My friend dustin lives one lake bwood and his wife called the lake po po and they said they didnt know about this sound ordinance thing and they wernt enforcing anything so all this was a wast of time hahahahahaha and im not kidding they really arnt doing a sound ordinance on bwood thank the lord!!!!!
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-06-2009, 5:04 AM Reply   
Dude, sweet. You should celebrate by blasting a lake cop with your stereo.
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-06-2009, 10:21 AM Reply   
Thats complete Bull Crap!!!! I (really my daddy) paid good money for MY boat and system, I deserve to be able to listen it as loud as I want!!! Thats MY (daddy's) Money in my kicking stereo, it is MY right to rock out wherever and whenever I want to. Those old people and kids should learn to ignore the swear words, turn your hearing aid down Grandpa. And the kids, they need to learn real life, and swearing is part of real life. All my posse swear as much as we can, so we can act tough.

If those fisherman/tubers/campers/oldtimers/and posers don't like it they can move somewhere else!! I paid MY $20 bucks for the boat launch, I deserve to ride as loud as I want, screw everyone else. This about ME and MY personal expression, those old people don't understand MY generation, they have never felt angst or freedom like ME. Who could ride like Vandall listening to Bon Jovi or Aerosmith!

And those stupid Cops are just jealous cause I (daddy) own a '09 X Star and they have to drive that little whaler with no system or ballast. They always want to keep the man down, catch me riding dirty.

I'll keep riding as loud as I want to, noone can keep ME from expressing myself, go die old people, or at least move off MY (public) lake.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-06-2009, 10:51 AM Reply   
The funny thing is it's the people complaining about the rules being created that are the ones who caused them in the first place. Be respectful, just because you can blast your stereo across the lake doesn't mean you should. The more you do so the tighter the restrictions will become. If you boat with respect for the others using the lake then you won't have these problems. Pretty simple.
Old     (justcoz5)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-06-2009, 11:06 AM Reply   
I am not sure what some of you who are arguing to be able to play your loud music are looking for. Do you use your freedom as a reason to be able to pump crazy loud music whenever you want, as loud as you want, wherever you want? I think most people don't care if you play your music loud as long as it is in a respectful manner. Is that too difficult to do? Is it too difficult to not blare ridiculously loud music at 7AM? Is it unreasonable to have you turn down the music at the launch ramp or when you roll into the marina? You are deceiving yourself if you think you should get to play your music as loud as you want, whenever you want just because we live in a free country. Apply that logic to other stuff and see if it makes sense. Should anyone be able to wave a gun around or shoot it as often as they want whenever they want because of the 2nd amendment? I think not. What about drinking and driving? Its a free country, shouldn't people be able to drink and then get into a car or boat? Of course not. Should I be able to drive up to your house towing my boat at 3am and just crank my boat's system as loud as I want because it is a free country? And then make the outragous claim that if you don't like it maybe you should move? Or course not.

Look it is a respect issue, and if you can't see that, and you wonder why laws will be enforced like this, than you are just blind. Wakeboarders will continue to get cracked down on because a few people who cannot be respectful.

And Scott, what type of logic is it if you use loud music with profanity to run off tubers. All this freedom talk and all of a sudden you have more right to that water than they do. I guess everything else is a freedom issue but you have exclusive rights to that water. If you pulled that crap with me, I would just start doing circles in that water. How would you like an endless powerturn. I bet that would be more likely to run you off than the loud music is to run them off. And would I be an A-hole if I did that? Yes I would be, but that is essentially what you are doing to them, being an A-hole in order to run them off.

I will say it again to wrap this up so nobody accuses me of hating loud music. I am all for loud music. Use it in a respectful manner so that you, and everyone else, will be able to use it in a respectful manner for many years to come. If you don't use it in a respectful manner, you will run the risk of losing the freedom to blast loud music on the lake althogether.
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-06-2009, 11:12 AM Reply   
Edit: Another funny observation, at least in my neck of the woods, is the people with the newest wakeboard boats with the craziest loud pro audio systems, are the people I rarely ever even see riding. Occasionally you might see them surf, but rarely wakeboard, and mostly just party. Seems to be a status thing lately

This thread has got me worked up especially the above post. Ya know I cant do a roll, or a backflip, or a mcralph wiggum but I own a Malibu that has every option on it. I own a Malibu because it is the sexiest boat I have ever seen. I do wakeboard and surf some of the time but most of the time I'm haning on the boat enjoying being at the lake with my friends. So, since I am not a hradcore wakeboarder are you gonna hold it against me that I own a Malibu?

One more rant on the stereo issue. This country has so many freakin laws its crazy. Now the MAN is gonna tell me I cant rock out to some tunes on the water? I think the MAN needs to drop anchor at the boat launch and give people tickets for not knowing anything about launching a boat. Thats what grinds my gears lol
Old     (lakeaustinrider)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-06-2009, 11:23 AM Reply   
Fact: Loud music from boats or cars is about the image one wants to project not the actual music itself. If it wasn't then more people would be using waterproof MP3 players. This sport has become all about the bling (projected image) and has lost what it should really be about - riding.

Too many posers - not enough CORE riders. Swallow that bitches!!!

Ever been to a party cove with competing boat stereo systems? Some playing rap, some country, some techno, some classic rock, some reggae? STUPID!!!!! and pointless! It just becomes stereo war with the loudest stereo guy thinking he is the alpha male. lol

(reggae wins tho - lol)
Old     (210hippy)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-06-2009, 11:48 AM Reply   
Seanmcd,Hilarious,but scary accurate.
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-06-2009, 11:58 AM Reply   
Chase wass up its Dustin cousin cant wait to come down and ride with ya. Dustin pansy butt still hasnt got in the water. Just read the news no music law was cancelled. Gotta have my kid rock to throw down my tricks. Tore my ankle up pretty bad snowboarding but should go out this weekend with the chase butler ballast installed and all my wetsounds are ready to fire up. will be down within the next month so see ya then
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-06-2009, 12:05 PM Reply   
Eric it's sad to see you miss the point. There are too many laws, but that's in direct correlation to there being to many people who lack common sense. Listen to your music loud, but respect others and turn it down when it infringes upon other peoples right to enjoy themselves. If you can't do that then you force there to be laws that effect everyone, all because someone doesn't have enough common sense to realize that your rights end when they infringe on another.
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-06-2009, 12:40 PM Reply   
Ya it is sad!!!! I guess I am in the wrong, lets just make laws so that everyone is happy. You want a noise law on the water? Ok sounds great. I want a law against 28ft Cobalts with 2 tubes behind the boats not being able to make wake back in coves. Only tubing in the main channel where water is already rough. Here is another law. If you cant launch your boat in a timely manner then you get a ticket! Also, while were at it if you have a noise law then that means no cigarrette boats with the loud exhaust.

Point is some things are annoying to me but I deal with it and go on with enjoying the lake.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-06-2009, 12:46 PM Reply   
Still missing the point, and I don't' want any laws. I want people to be smart enough to respect one another. I hate big govt, but you sadly make it neccessary due to your own selfish needs. Come on man, you're 27. It's time to grow up and understand that you share the lake with others. Lakes aren't meant for wakebaorders only. If you act respectful you get more leeway to play music, the more you act like a selfish moron the tighter the noose becomes. It seems to me the only people who want more laws are the ones that are too selfish and thick headed to see they are the ones making the laws necessary.
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-06-2009, 1:01 PM Reply   
I guess I am a 27 year old idiot...Your right Chris you cant do no wrong. Im selfish? Bro I crank my stereo in the cove and when we ride but at the dock or launching it is very soft. I dont see how a loud stereo is any different that a 35ft Donzi with twin 500hp with loud exhaust.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-06-2009, 1:04 PM Reply   
I am still amazed that this is even an arguement. People are arguing that they shouldn't have to be curtious to others?! WTF is wrong with people.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-06-2009, 1:16 PM Reply   
I'm sure the noise violations include exhaust. So it sounds like you're not an issue, and should be rallying against the people who cause these laws to be put in place, not crying at the authorities who obviously are responding to complaints. In the end a select few ruin it for everyone else

(Message edited by cjh1669 on April 06, 2009)
Old     (justcoz5)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-06-2009, 1:17 PM Reply   
Eric,

If your stereo is thumping when you ride, but then when you pull into the marina, launch ramp, or a family cove and you turn it down, than you are curtious. That is all anyone is really asking for. People are not on here asking for laws to get made to limit stereo use. People are asking other wakeboarders, who aren't so aware of others around them, to kindly respect others on the lake so that noise ordinaces don't get made. Nobody wants that, but a select few people will cause laws to get made becasue they aren't curtious to others around them. It has nothing to do with age, and everything to do with those wakeboarders who act like they are the only ones on the lake and could give a @#$% about everyone else. It doesn't matter what boat you have, or how many inverts you can throw, or even whether you ride at all and just want to party in a cove. It is all about respecting others so that everyone doesn't have to suffer including you and I. Promote respect, and the laws won't get made.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-06-2009, 1:20 PM Reply   
Great post Rick
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-06-2009, 1:21 PM Reply   
It seems to me that every new law is simply a reaction to the lack of common sense and respect that is so lacking in this country. We see it every day, in every aspect of our lives. Pro athletes, and most young thugsters and wanna be tough guys, make it a point to chest pump, and needlessly antagonize others...finger in face, puffing up, chest bumping, etc. What we need is a return to the days when a man's personal space was just that...his space. You poke me in the chest, get up 2 inches from my face...you get popped in the mouth. I truly believe that if more folks got popped in the mouth a few times when they got out of line, the world would be a better place.

No, I'm not trying to be a tough guy. But I got popped in the mouth a couple times when I was a young punk, and I believe it taught me a valuable life lesson. Again, not saying you kids with the systems need popped in the mouth, but you do need to learn some respect for other folks. It's not all about you.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-06-2009, 1:47 PM Reply   
Nothing can replace the lessons learned from getting your a33 kicked a few times huh meat!
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-06-2009, 3:58 PM Reply   
^^^^^
I firmly believe it made me a better man.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-06-2009, 4:23 PM Reply   
I hear ya. Amazing what a little shame will do for your character.
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-06-2009, 5:04 PM Reply   
By rick (justcoz5):

this is to a "T" how I feel and act. My point is all the crybabies wanting the law and the fact it was in question is simply unamerican. My comments taken out of context do look bad. You're all right but talking about shooting guns recklessly and driving drunk = loud music baffles me lol. There has yet to be an analogy (even my own) which has come remotely close to the topic at hand. I am happy for all you texans this law didn't pass.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-07-2009, 5:59 AM Reply   
Make all the laws you want, its the enforcement of those laws that concerns me because law enforcement officers already have a wide discretion and the ability to make your like miserable. They don't need a specific law to harass you if they think your a "problem" or if they want the lake to themselves that day to cure their own hangover. There are already laws and reasons to pull you over that are subjective, like reckless endangerment, some minor safety issue, they thought you were drunk.... You may get tired of being pulled over, your day may be tainted because your always looking over your shoulder, you may have win in court but what a waste of effort.

If you give no respect, don't expect to receive any back.
Old     (wakedv)      Join Date: May 2007       04-07-2009, 9:12 AM Reply   
Have fun and respect others. Not respecting others = PUNK......Flame away!
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-07-2009, 11:24 AM Reply   
RJ, agreed.

Unable to think before your actions = Uneducated or bad parenting
Old     (pavement_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-07-2009, 11:35 AM Reply   
I too have always had the booming stereo in my boats and cars and must admit to when younger cranking what I wanted wherever I wanted. I now see that these actions have prompted laws both on the street and lake to curb or musical enthusiasm. If we all just learned to respect our neighbor maybe we wouldn't need these silly laws. attitudes like seanmcd's will put a nail in our tower speaker coffin however
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-07-2009, 11:58 AM Reply   
Free speech baby. I can see showing up to a favorite wakeboard spot and blasting Barry Manilow for a few hours. Or parking the boomed-out car, windows down in front of Kyle's house from 10AM - 11PM, playing cranked Manilow. Wonder how that would go down?? Then, flip him off when you get the look, or the comment to turn the crap down. Think he might invoke the police or seek some kind of ordinance to get the in-your-face Manilow off?
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-07-2009, 12:26 PM Reply   
Oooops! Wrong thread. (But at least they're related).

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/684238.html?1239132304
Old     (skyski1)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-10-2009, 5:51 PM Reply   
I had pro 80's on the tower last season.I took them off recently and sold them. I simply cannot justify being that self centered.
I am using that cash to upgrade the in boat speakers. Music just for me............not everyone on the lake. There I go being self centered again.