Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-08-2009, 12:26 PM Reply   
Wow, LF has always had great board graphics, but this is probably the best I've ever seen from them, or any company for that matter. I hope the other company's 2010 stuff looks as good!
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-08-2009, 1:16 PM Reply   
Bad A for sure.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-08-2009, 7:34 PM Reply   
Where's the girls stuff????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-08-2009, 7:35 PM Reply   
There's no girl stuff this year...
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-08-2009, 7:38 PM Reply   
right
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-08-2009, 7:49 PM Reply   
The Witness and Classic Watson are the only bearable graphics IMO. Very seldom would graphics turn me off to buying a board, but most of those look cheesy as hell!
Old     (zachcopp)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-09-2009, 11:05 AM Reply   
I think it might be a generation thing, and they are either love them or hate them graphics. Marketing 101 is appeal to the demographic that will be the largest consumer of the product. I personally think the Shane is insane!
Old     (masonmeuth)      Join Date: May 2009       08-09-2009, 7:06 PM Reply   
Wow the new watsons have fin holes! guess they are going away from the molded setup.... craziness. When does information come out about the design/ features of the boards who really cares what they look like haha... jk but i think the watson and witness loook decent... all the bindings look good tho
Old     (nickbot)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-09-2009, 7:40 PM Reply   
i think seeing all the graphics together at one time is a bit overwhelming...but, any one of those sittin in my board racks alone would look BA!!
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-09-2009, 10:02 PM Reply   
Hmmm, I may find myself picking up a 2010 watson classic this year if I break my 08 watson...
Old     (etang789)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-09-2009, 11:51 PM Reply   
I like how they did away the magnets for the boots....the magnets rust and won't fit back in the pocket or they loose their strength and keep falling off
Old     (georgi)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-10-2009, 5:35 AM Reply   
Graphics, colors... OK, how about technology? Which of these boards use "slider base"? Which of them are made with PVC core? I am a cable rider and I want my board to survive the sliders and kickers. How many of these boards could do this for more than a month? Take for example those Rope boards - OK, they clearly stole the old Watson shape, but it doesn't brake! So one of the best shapes for cable + unbreakable... what could a cable wakeboarder would want more? I buy the boards myself and I want to change it when I want (more likely every year again... that's the place where the graphics matters), not when the old one breaks. What LF should do is buy one of those Ropes, cut it, see how's it made, and make the new Watson or the S4 with the same technology. Or even better. Make a cable specific board that doesn't break! I'll buy one right away!
Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-10-2009, 6:04 AM Reply   
I've never heard of Rope boards...sound interesting though, they have a website? googled it and all that came up is "how to buy a wakeboard rope" lol
Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-10-2009, 6:17 AM Reply   
Melissa and Melissa CT (No Melissa OT this year...BOOOO)

Upload

Jett and Wing OT (No wing CT this year)

Upload
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-10-2009, 6:30 AM Reply   
Georgi I think the new eurothane rails that are on the hybrid boards should be really tough. It sounds a lot like the rails that are going to be on the new company vandall series. If so from what i have heard these are some tough rails and will hold up to the cable park and any other sliders quite well.
Old     (georgi)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-10-2009, 7:24 AM Reply   
Jeremy, IMHO the main problem is the core. Regular boards just break like waffles, some of the pros brake 2-3 boards a month! I've never seen a "hybrid" board myself yet, from what I've heard its a step in the right direction (and its like those Ropes). And IF the new Watson posted above is somehow a hybrid board, thats going to be a HUGE success.
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-10-2009, 7:57 AM Reply   
yea lf will have several hybrid boards this year, with the watson hybrid, henshaw hybrid, ennen, and melissa. I wonder if shane will be getting a hybrid model as well.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-10-2009, 8:36 AM Reply   
the womens boards look better then any of the other boards, maybe ill get a jet or a mellisa. lmao
Old     (snowman89)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-10-2009, 8:45 AM Reply   
I wish they made the vantages all white again. Those were the best looking bindings ever. I'll probably go with the ultras simply because there all white and the simpler the better.

For those of you who don't know white bindings instantly make you more stylish. But seriously they do.
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-10-2009, 9:24 AM Reply   
Is that replacable velcro straps I see on the Sovens and Wings? If so, well done.
Old     (okcrashhighlight)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-10-2009, 12:05 PM Reply   
Here is another pic of the Vantages. Closed and Open Toe.

Upload
Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-10-2009, 1:33 PM Reply   
looks like on the ct version you can replace the straps but on the ot you cannot? adam, looks the same on the sovens and melissas. pretty cool for CT riders
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-10-2009, 1:36 PM Reply   
wow, the (open-toe) vantage looks yummy. i want 'em!
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-10-2009, 2:24 PM Reply   
Why does all of the CT boots have the fly bases this year. Those bases look like they are super high off of the board and are a little on the ugly side.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-10-2009, 2:26 PM Reply   
Not to mention, they fill with water. Two of my riding buddies had pairs. Both were warranty projects they dealt with all season.
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-10-2009, 4:07 PM Reply   
Ok if I don't buy a slingshot next year, I'm going to buy that Fooshee Witness or the Henshaw with the new Alphas. I think that would be a sick setup!! I love the witness and its a great cable board and I'm sure the Henshaw is just a better version of the press, which I like. I just hope it has more flex than this and last years press. They don't flex as much as I would like.
Old     (jpg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-10-2009, 7:59 PM Reply   
what about the axis?
Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-10-2009, 9:41 PM Reply   
David Williams, i hope none of the other companies ever design graphics like this in the future!!! I use to be an LF fan but their graphics just look too 90's'i,sh!!! Neon colors and crazy comic/cartoon looking designs cheapens the look of the board to me! Its like they are thinkin that just cause snowboard companies like those bright colors, so does everyone in wakeboarding...but im pretty sure a big portion of the industry wont be itchin to rep these graphics. All the boards are so fn busy and bright that theirs not really anything that separates the personality of each board....i know everyone has their own opinion, but there's a good reason why every other company isnt throwing these kinda graphics on their boards....its outdated by a big generation gap. Congrats to those who love the new graphics cause LF is the only new boards you'll find them on!
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-10-2009, 10:04 PM Reply   
Codi, LF likes to mix it up. For 2008 people were complaining about how boring the graphics were on the LF line because they were all black and white basically. Different people like different things.
Old     (all_board_rider)      Join Date: May 2009       08-10-2009, 10:06 PM Reply   
im all for the bright colours! throw some neon pink and neon green on a C-dub board and id be stoked (with exception to the dub 10 faction dope neon green for sure)
Old     (bigjokerinthebox66)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-10-2009, 10:16 PM Reply   
codi,

LF=official board of WW

WW=Dave Williams
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-10-2009, 10:41 PM Reply   
I was wondering why that was addressed to me! :-) Well, either way LF must be doing something right since they pretty much seem to be top dogs in the market these days.

I told Don Wallace last year, "I'm afraid you might have trouble selling the LF clothing line because I think everything in it looks incredible, but I'm 40 years old!" So sometimes I wonder if me liking something might be the kiss of death in the marketplace! :-)
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-11-2009, 12:00 AM Reply   
the open toe vantage looks good. no airbags. woo woo.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-11-2009, 4:47 AM Reply   
can't see those rubber lace loops on the Ultra boots lasting long
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-11-2009, 5:46 AM Reply   
Burton did the same thing a while back with it's snowboards. They were getting bashed for going "dark" on all their boards, very black, white and grey graphics. So they responded with solid Neon colored bases with kittens on them. No joke. I kinda like what LF did with the graphics. Without a doubt they're LOUD! but, will you EVER mistake a 2010 LF board for another company this year? Doubt it.
Old     (jamie)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-18-2009, 3:37 AM Reply   
I have been Riding LF Vantages for the last 2 seasons, the '08's were REALLY comfortable and responsive but the velcro faded pretty quickly. The '09's were even more comfortable and they have fixed the Velcro issue, the boot seems stronger at the base but it is still flexible - get a little heel lift. I think with the new plates (aspart of the boot) these are going to be a winner this year. They look awesome too!!
Old     (jamie)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-18-2009, 3:40 AM Reply   
Reubs... is there no Axix this year btw??
Old     (reuben)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-19-2009, 8:10 AM Reply   
You mean the Axis??
Im not sure sorry Jamie but ill try to find out for ya.