Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (j_money)      Join Date: May 2006       03-10-2009, 2:00 PM Reply   
What did/would/have you use for yours or anyone you know 2001 bow sac??? I just found out theres some funky vent box up there that might mess a little with distributing the wieght of a sac equally side to side so I was hoping to get some input? Ill usually be riding with 3 or 4 guys and gonna be running a 1000 lbs out back so let me know what you used or think! :-)
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-10-2009, 2:05 PM Reply   
In our old hydrodyne we just ran one of the 600lbs normal fatsacs lengthwise down the middle (where there was a hole for easy plumming)... never rolled around or anything and seemed to work fine.

otherwiese I would think the Flyhigh triangle one would fit up there nice, just fill it like 1/2, 2/3 full and you'll be golden
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-10-2009, 2:06 PM Reply   
We've put a tube sac (or side sac, 250-300 lbs IIRC) right under the dash. One of the guys I ride with has the boat and put a couple bags of concrete up in the nose, so that works best for his setup.

The vent box is mounted to the top deck, right? It should give you a couple feet of clearance, IIRC.
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-10-2009, 3:06 PM Reply   
We have a 300lb sac behind the passenger seat and in front of the drivers seat. The driver has to have their legs rest on it but it's not too bad.
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-10-2009, 5:17 PM Reply   
You can always put lead weight up there. If you're more ambitious and the2001.com site gets back up and running, someone on there recently removed that vent box and took some good pics of the process if I remember right.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-10-2009, 8:37 PM Reply   
i have like 125 pounds of free weights all the way in the tip of the bow, and behind the lifting ring I built a shelf going across with a back on it that holds a launch pad 150 pound sac. I plumbed in hoses with a vent hose and a fill hose that my fat sack pump plugs into that comes out on the passenger side. Got all the parts for that at ACE Hardware and used sprinkler and water hose fittings. Ive tried a lot of different set ups and this has been the best and easiest for keeping the bow ballanced. I could easily fit another 100 pounds of free weights but dont want to mess with it. Triangle sac wont work cus youd have to remove the lifting eye and rip out the vent box. Most people run side sacs on the engine and I have found over the years that moving them forward or back just a foot or so makes a HUGE difference.

So in total i run 750 on floor in front of rear seat, two 440s on either side of the engine pushed far forward, and call it 250 in the bow way far forward. Thats 1880 plus or minus a few and then usually two people puts me around 2000 pounds. 24 mph @ between 75 and 80 depending on how i feel. Its a sweet set up!

Ive heard of a lot more weight up front but not real far forward. With 250 that far forward the eye for the trailer tie down is usually in the water. I wouldnt want to go lower. You definately need to power through rollers. Pretty much like any loaded boat
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-10-2009, 8:48 PM Reply   
Sorry for the double post but i went back and read your post again, I think a thousand pounds in the back is gonna be too much. These boats like most nautiques like weight in the center. With 1000 in the back it would take probably 600 in the front to even it out. Sometimes Ill do 750 in the back and 250 in the front. Its a good wake (great by some standards) but the 880 in the middle turns that wake to concrete. Super firm with a great lip and better transition
Old     (misfits1981)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-10-2009, 8:51 PM Reply   
Kevin that sounds like a good setup. Do you have any pics of it?
Old     (froese)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-11-2009, 7:35 AM Reply   
Kevin,

Didn't realize you were running that much! I've got a similar setup, but my weight up front is 'other stuff' (including but not limited to 3 batteries).

You don't want to put much more than 2-300 lbs. in the nose. It'll dip more than you want. Kevin is also right that 1000 lbs. in the back will be too much. Your wake would be a straight up curb and not fun to ride. Balance the weight through the boat and you're golden.

I have 300 in the nose, 500's on each side of the engine box and 750 in the back (that I change fill volume on more or less depending on if there are passengers to balance the weight sitting up front).
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-11-2009, 8:02 AM Reply   
Ill try and get some pics hopefully this weekend. First ride of the season! We need a third, Fro-Z wanna ride? Or anyone for tha matter?

Also Ive seen pics of Fro-z wake and it looks exactly like mine, so maybe he can post some or go to his site on his profile.

His is totally pimped out. Really nice set up. Mine is a sleeper. Everything is totally stock or looks like it. But showroom condition. Looks like a ski nautique with a pylon, till the rollers hit ya! lol I like it that way :-)
Old     (froese)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-11-2009, 8:11 AM Reply   
Dang, running a half-marathon on sunday and then heading out camping with the fam for spring break. I might be down for the weekend after, though.

It's gonna be chilly thanks to this weather, but we need the rain!!
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-11-2009, 8:19 AM Reply   
call it a warm up run for the marathon! lol jk. Where yall camping cus we talked about camping next week too. We just didnt know about weather and stuff. Weekend after might work too, sorry for the hijack guys! (Think the original question got answered though)
Old     (froese)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-11-2009, 8:31 AM Reply   
Big Bend - WAY out West... :-)
Old     (illkid)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-11-2009, 3:30 PM Reply   
Fly High Pro-X series 580 pounder width wise under the dash. Bingo.

Upload
Old     (misfits1981)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-11-2009, 5:05 PM Reply   
I never thought about running a sac that way. I usually run two 750#, one on each side of the engine cover. Would adding the above sac work well with the existing ballast?
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-11-2009, 5:59 PM Reply   
From my experience with your boat misfits, Id say that 580 would probably work good there. I used to ride behind like a 93 (i think) ski nautique and it really liked weight in the center. Which is the same as 750 in the bow and 750 in the stern. I just sits the whole boat down in the water more evenly. That 580 there should give you better transition and not as drastic as a lil less weight all the way forward.

I dont want to push mine any harder but id be kind of curious what adding another 300-400 would do to mine right in front of the driver like that. 2400 pounds is a lot though for this small of a boat lol.
Old     (madison_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-11-2009, 9:25 PM Reply   
I actually set up my 1981 (not a 2001, it's a bit smaller) with a 440 on the left side and a 280 on the right (I had to put some plastic around the intake tubes to ensure they wouldn't be broken by the weight. I find it balances out pretty well with minimal balancing of the side sacs (The ballast is all push button, so it's easy to adjust :-))