Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (hoc76)      Join Date: May 2006       06-30-2007, 5:00 PM Reply   
Im not really sure what els to do im just having a-lot of trouble getting the handle pass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXn7f3B8YAs
Old     (jpboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-30-2007, 7:28 PM Reply   
You are spinning right off the wake man. What you wanna do is ollie off of the wake kind of like on a skateboard, pitch forward a little bit, and once you get the pop start your FS handle-pass. If you are having trouble with too much tension in the line, you really need to make sure you ollie off the wake, which means you do not want to be edging through the wake. If you edge through the wake you will have too much tension on the line and you will never be able to get that handle pass. Also when you get your pop make sure to bring the handle to your back hip with your thumb pointed down so you will be able to pass it.

One more thing. Practice some wake jumps ollying off of the wake so you can be able to do this trick, because in the video you are not getting enough pop. Hope this helps.
Old     (hoc76)      Join Date: May 2006       06-30-2007, 8:52 PM Reply   
thanks that does help im just having a-lot of trouble with that handle pass...thanks ill try it in the morning and post another video if i get it
Old     (obrienride16)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-30-2007, 9:41 PM Reply   
for the handle pass just focus on putting the haandle right on the small of your back. that way you will know right where to reach. its also alot easier to grab if its in close.
Old     (ericlassiter)      Join Date: May 2007       07-02-2007, 1:33 PM Reply   
looks like you need some more weight in the boat too....that wake is pretty tiny. possibly try slowing down to produce a bigger wake.....even doing a one wake jump would teach you the handle pass and landing.

i'm trying to learn this too, but i have a problem with commitment
Old     (pottsy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-03-2007, 10:01 AM Reply   
Don't start your rotation until you are at the peak of your jump, otherwise you will concentrate too much on the spin and not get the height you need for the trick
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-06-2007, 6:13 PM Reply   
Dont take this wrong, I was there for many ..years...working that same 360, and not working other things
1. you will save yourself alot of pain and frustration if you work on inverts
2 leave the 3's until you have better board control
3 patience
4 if you have to do a 3, do the TS first, easier, less painful
Old     (rourker)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-09-2007, 7:16 AM Reply   
The HS is a tricky and it took be a season to land it. First, don't slow the boat because you'll find yourself being heavy on your back foot trying to get just as much pop as if you were riding at your own speed. It will mess up your body position in the air. I find that slowing the boat works best for learning inverts. Some things that have helped me are: Cut out as far as you can so your edge is more mellow yet you have good speed. Leave the wake w/ the handle at your hip. Bring the board up to your body a little so that you are in a seated position. Start your rotation at the highest point of the jump. This will help you get the handle. If you get the handle and your body position is strong, you're set. Keep trying.