Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    wake47            01-05-2008, 9:25 AM Reply   
has any one ever tried getting a old wakeboard with no bindings and putting some foam like the wake surfs have and surfing with that? i have never wake surfed before and dont have the money right now to get one, but want to try, but that was just a thought. let me know your ideas.
Old     (flamike)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-05-2008, 10:03 AM Reply   
haha we had alittle too much to drink one night and the next day we did a board no bindings and wet socks on as experiment(sp). not the best but damn it was a good time.
oh and used a large board we used a 145 but the bigger guys couldnt keep it up. to slow i guess

(Message edited by flamike on January 05, 2008)
Old    surfdad            01-05-2008, 10:08 AM Reply   
You can surf an old wakeboard, even with the bindings on it. The issue with wakeboards is the rocker...they are incredibly slow. If you want a board on the cheap, get an old piece of pressure treated plywood 5/8" to 3/4" thick. Cut it to shape and bend a bit of rocker in it. Works like a charm.

Like this:

Upload
Upload
Old    wake47            01-05-2008, 10:13 AM Reply   
how do you bend rocker into it?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-05-2008, 2:01 PM Reply   
Jeff is always going over board with design:-) This can be done much more simply.
Upload
Upload
Old    surfdad            01-05-2008, 4:04 PM Reply   
LOL! Ed, ours could actually be ridden.

You can bend the rocker in a few ways, but considering it's winter and you may not be riding in a while, after you cut the outline, lean it at an angle for a few weeks. It will sag and take on the rocker. If you are in a rush, you can steam it. To steam it I'd just block the nose up using a piece of 2x4, or make a block from the offcut of the plywood. Using anything heavy enough to cause the plywood to sag, then get some boiling water with steam under it.