Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-18-2012, 11:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakesurfer View Post
This is why posting on this forum sucks. Nay saying to talking sh*t about how lame surfgate is and saying it does not work. Which I have not done. I made an observation. I said that to get a very good wave you will have to run more weight (just like any other boat) which will either cause you to (1) have to switch sides like normal even with the surfgate or (2) run a lot of weight that you would not have to run otherwise. That is a fact. Please tell me how it is not.

Now let me give you an opinion, the surfgate technology combined with a quick fill ballast would be a game changer. It would allow for both worlds (1) change the wave quickly and (2) not run a bunch of extra weight to do it.

But if it will make you happy, (1) I will not make any obvious observations or (2) share my opinion. I will just agree that everybody will now buy a Bu because of surfgate.
Quick fill or no quick fill BUs still need more weight due to hull shape. Problems with quick fill systems is a lack of bow weight which lessens the pocket and push of the wave.

You don't have to run a lot of weight to get a rideable wave, but with a bu you have to run a lot to get a competition size wave. The surf gate allows you to run even more weight more evenly placed through out the boat. It makes it safer due to not having to lean the boat out. Since we haven't seen any with heavy ballast loads it's hard to tell what the waves will look like, but there is a chance they will change the idea of what competition size waves look like.