Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-25-2013, 8:09 AM Reply   
In another thread with an old board someone noticed the "Dimples" on the bottom of the board. Dave pointed out that they were not "Dimples" but "Phasers". Thought it would be fun to see what other terms we have changed or forgotten.

What do you have?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-25-2013, 2:19 PM Reply   
I like how fast wakeboard pants came and went (if ever really here at all) but at my local park you're in the small minority if you don't ride with a t-shirt on.

Glass became butter.
Style became steeze.
And anything other than a BS 180 is gay.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-25-2013, 2:47 PM Reply   
3-Stage and Continuous Rockers became..........
Attached Images

Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-25-2013, 2:49 PM Reply   
To good old Days of Eric Perez!

Carving the wake became Slayshing
Riding became, shredding the Gnar
Sliders became Rails
Ramps became kickers
I am sure as the thread grows I will think of loads more
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-26-2013, 12:03 AM Reply   
how about the fin department.
remember when there were three basic fins to choose from, and they were all 2-3 inches depth and maybe 5 inches long
A-tac
Surf fin
Ramp fin

or how about good ol' Rainbow fins

I also remember a few of the big name pros that had their own signature fins around the time just before wakeboarding adopted the fin style we have today
Byerly had a fin
Shapiro had a fin (that one had some weird cuts on it if i remember right)
Gonzalez had a signiture fin too i think
***soooo gimmicky now that i think back on those signiture fins haha
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-26-2013, 12:21 AM Reply   
I think i might be getting too broad and am leaning to turning this into a general trip down memory lane... which, might be ok anyway...
i just got all sorts of memories flooding in now.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-26-2013, 7:03 AM Reply   
I have literally used none of those new terms besides kicker and rails
Old     (nautiqu13)      Join Date: Dec 2000       02-26-2013, 5:21 PM Reply   
tractor grip is gone
blind is all but dead
Symmetrical is irrelevant
Lube, slime, slick willy, they are all gone...
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       02-26-2013, 7:51 PM Reply   
Stiffy plates anyone?
Backside used to be blindside. And switch was fakie.

What else..?
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       02-27-2013, 3:31 AM Reply   
honeycomb
rainbow fins
"stiffy plates" haha pretty sure I had a pair of these on my lime green LF Ultra Suctions

Remember the days of the pro suctions, super suctions, and ultra suctions? Or the days before MB when they were called Ski Brendella. Talk about flooding memories.
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       02-27-2013, 6:12 AM Reply   
I still hear blind and fakie loads. Its all about context, you don't land backside, you land blind (R2B/ T2B). You don't take off fakie, you take off switch.
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-27-2013, 8:16 AM Reply   
I had rainbow fins haha!. This thread is aweosme. I remember on the old handles they had a "bridle" which was like a thick knotted section supposed to be used to wrap tricks.
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-27-2013, 8:18 AM Reply   
I cant only imagine some of the thread titles from way back if the site existed. What type of binding lube is best? Gbolts wort it? Dish soap as good as binding lube? Which fins should I get? TME about thruster wakeboards.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-27-2013, 8:22 AM Reply   
just so we're clear there is no CAB or FAKIE in wake boarding, each involves a nollie not possible in wake by true definition.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       02-27-2013, 10:26 AM Reply   
hahaha "Dish soap as good as binding lube" that's too funny Bob. Great thread
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-27-2013, 11:50 PM Reply   
just remembered this thread i started a while back that compiled all of the wake companies up to that point in history.
you ought to have fun looking through it and seeing how many you remember and allow the memories to kick in.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=790860

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
just so we're clear there is no CAB or FAKIE in wake boarding, each involves a nollie not possible in wake by true definition.
if anyone could make a nollie possible on a wakeboard it might be Zucky from Japan

Last edited by wakerider111; 02-27-2013 at 11:54 PM.
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-28-2013, 6:41 AM Reply   
I asked for a pair of wake pants for christmas in 7th grade! sadly I didnt get them so i wakeboarded in my adidas nylon wind pants. Any one have a pic of the wake pants?
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-28-2013, 6:45 AM Reply   
Randall Harris rides in pants all the time. Sometimes Hat, bandana, hoodie and pants. Checkout his ROTY cover from a few years ago.