Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old     (csquared)      Join Date: Jan 2002       04-28-2005, 9:05 AM Reply   
My old Wake Design board racks are looking pretty bad and now that I set up a new boat lift to tuck the boat up under a canopy, I am looking for a set of Flight Clips for my FCT so the board racks fold down with the top of the tower.

Anyone have a set of Flight Clips they want to get rid of or have a line on a reasonable price for a set? Any other suggestions for racks that mount to the flat bar portion of the FCT?
Old     (polkaking27)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-28-2005, 9:38 AM Reply   
two things for ya... I know a guy that is trying to sell his lightning racks (mount to the flat part on a fct) if you want his email. Next, would you want to sell the mounting hardware off your wakedesign racks... I just inherited a couple wd's and the mounting hardwar won't fit my tower.
Old     (csquared)      Join Date: Jan 2002       04-28-2005, 9:48 AM Reply   
If I can find a new set of racks, I would be happy to sell the hardware. Since the racks are missing some of the rubber inserts to protect the boards, the hardware is probably be the best part of the racks.

Who makes the lightning racks?
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-28-2005, 11:22 AM Reply   
If you register with planetnautique.com mid-ohio nautiques will give you a 15% discount on anything you need. I think the black flight clips are about $400 after the discount
Old     (csquared)      Join Date: Jan 2002       04-28-2005, 11:24 AM Reply   
Thanks Scott...I'll check into that.
Old     (polkaking27)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-28-2005, 11:42 AM Reply   
Shawn,

Lightning makes the racks... here is a pic of them.
Old     (polkaking27)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-28-2005, 11:42 AM Reply   
oh yea... let me know on that hardware...

Is it the quick release hardward w/the cotter pin to hold them on
Old     (csquared)      Join Date: Jan 2002       04-28-2005, 12:38 PM Reply   
Very nice tower set up. After measuring my new canopy over my lift, I really need the lower profile of the flight clips. I ordered a set from MidOhio. With the discout, they were $395 for the full set. Pretty good deal considering most of the other set ups I looked at were $500 and up for the pair.

The hardware on the WD racks is the quick release with the cotter pin. Are you just interested in the clamps? They are sized to fit the lower horizontal bar of the FCT (where the front of the bimini is attached in the picture above). Once I get the new racks (supposed to be two weeks), I will make sure I can get the old ones off. They haven't been moved in about 2 years. If the e-mail in your profile is good, I'll drop you a line.
Old     (polkaking27)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-28-2005, 2:52 PM Reply   
Shawn

yea, I just need the hardware. Good luck with the flight clips those are sweet racks. If you wanna drop me a line when you get those clips that would be great